News Serverside update and upcoming point update....

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
A huge thank you to all the team for all the hard work and constant tweaking to your own ideas that you do.

Where are all the, FD never listen to us, brigade?

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Thanks Zac, and the whole Dev team,
keep up the good work.

Any idea on the fixes for the constant NPC interdictions?

Is this one NPC interdicting you every jump?

Have you tried (not a confirmed fix) seeing if it's related to stacking missions? We've seen some people reporting this.

Brilliant, thanks Zac, those changes sound great (especially like the idea of the engineer base specific news stories ... nice solution!).

Glad to hear the dev' team haven't been totally disheartened by the recent waves of negativity concerning 2.1. Keep at it guys!

Nice...

I suppose I ought to visit an engineer at some point... But after a PVP last night, my standard exploration asp, with some combat mods, vs a level 5 engineers sidey.... I didn't bother with weapons, I out flew, then rammed :p

Excellent, thank you.

Any word on the Permits status?

What about the Galaxy Map not properly showing the systems in War?

Have you tried (not a confirmed fix) seeing if it's related to stacking missions? We've seen some people reporting this.

Zac, it varies. Usually it means one NPC pirate has eye on you and chase you trough system. I think it is by design, however NPC sometimes ignores damages acquired or how fast it can interdict again. It feels a bit like Terminator :) I like this bit of persistence, but I think NPC has to be less successful in chasing you down every time (or at least it should scale according to it's combat ranking), and keeping damage and weapon stats consistent between interdictions would be cool as well.

It happened to me once when I had three different missions in different systems (so I don't think would call them stacked). NPC also didn't express interest in my mission but more in my cargo (I had 4 telemetry suites in cargo).

good to hear some news Zac, any planned changes to needing commodities for engineers, or at least being able to store them somewhere, especially the mission only ones.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator

A related point to serial interdiction is that the player can often be "pulled backwards", i.e. et further and further away from their intended destination, each time they are interdicted - which probably compounds the frustration at being interdicted over and over in the first place.

Hey everyone,

Good news

It it good news? Maybe.

The material limits have a purpose, I haven't got far enough in to Engineers to know whether 600 is too low but upping them too high would remove some of the benefit of having them in the first place, as I say I don't know if 1000 is too high.

I have had to throw stuff away but it was all common stuff anyway so no big deal unless you're the type to get upset by that.

Last edited:

when I have the goods requested by the engineers, I'm interdicted continuously, like when I have a bounty on my head, even 500 Cr.
i'm Elite in combat, and it's always an Anaconda or a FDL Elite.

It it good news? Maybe.

The material limits are there for a reason, I haven't got far enough in to Engineers to know whether 600 is too low but upping them removes some of the benefit of having them in the first place, as I say I don't know if 1000 is too high.

I have had to throw stuff away but it was all common stuff anyway so no big deal unless you're the type to get upset by that.

200 / 600 is fine if all you plan to mod is a single ship. Once you are thinking about tuning 3 ships or more you reach the material and data limits fairly quickly.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom