Horizons Set SRV throttle to 0% in a single keystroke

Is it not possible to set the throttle of the SRV to 0% with a single key (similar to how we can do so with the ship?) If not, adding this feature would be a serious Quality of Life improvement, in my opinion. (I'd even be happy if the same 0%, 25%, etc. controls from the ship worked for the SRV without additional binding options.)

I think it'd be nice to have a 'park' key, so to speak.

Hand brake would serve, but it's too dang useful in 'hold' mode rather than toggle.

Do you drive with assist off? It's basically always at 0 unless you touch the throttle.

I use drive assist, but the issue for me is when I'm running at a particular speed and want to go to 0% throttle immediately, you have to hold down decelerate, and then micromanage to get it right at zero. It's too easy to hold down the key too long, and somehow end up going too fast in reverse, etc. What would be useful is a button similar to what we have on the ship: hit a button and the SRV slows and comes to a full stop (while using that same button, plus the handbrake, would make it a faster full stop.)

Last edited:
I 100% agree. I drive the SRV with Assist on, I think it handles better and I don't roll it as often, and it's a mess. I have the same controls set up that I use for my ship so I use my mouse wheel to throttle up and down, if I hit the handbrake it will set the throttle to zero only while I hold the button. This means when bringing the throttle to zero to scan something or get in my ship, sometimes when I'm under fire, I sometimes end up accidentally backing up.

That reminds me that reverse and forward throttle is buggy too. Sometimes if I'm in reverse and switch the throttle to forward I'll just keep reversing, and vice versa.

Top Bottom