setting up fss

not got a clue how to set up the binding. Will someone be a superstar and tell what the best way to set it up.

Depends on your controllers. And even then I'm afraid there is no such thing like an ideal setup that works for everyone. Some people found 'their' setting in 10 minutes (often stated by x-Box or perhaps gamepad users in general?). But then their are people like me who tinkered several days to find the perfect personal setting. Showing it to you wouldn't make much sense though as I'm using a pretty uncommon controller combination (stick + throttle replaced by a gameboard). I even have 2 different settings: The really ideal setting for the FSS unfortunately leads to something what feels like a beginning tendinitis, so I have to stop it after a while.

In this sense, have fun experimenting! Just keep in mind: a thoroughly designed setup can easily make the difference between fun and frustration. So take your time...
cheers

Depends on your controllers. And even then I'm afraid there is no such thing like an ideal setup that works for everyone. Some people found 'their' setting in 10 minutes (often stated by x-Box or perhaps gamepad users in general?). But then their are people like me who tinkered several days to find the perfect personal setting. Showing it to you wouldn't make much sense though as I'm using a pretty uncommon controller combination (stick + throttle replaced by a gameboard). I even have 2 different settings: The really ideal setting for the FSS unfortunately leads to something what feels like a beginning tendinitis, so I have to stop it after a while.

In this sense, have fun experimenting! Just keep in mind: a thoroughly designed setup can easily make the difference between fun and frustration. So take your time...
Not made it very new playre friendly really. Cant figure out how to activate a crew member either. activate button just stays red

Is it still a case that keys set in another mode; will not work for this mode? By that I mean: I can't use any of my weapons fire buttons, in mode, even though, I have to switch away from fire mode, to work the scanner.

FYI, I use keyboard exclusively.

not got a clue how to set up the binding. Will someone be a superstar and tell what the best way to set it up.
DS4? I use my throttle buttons for zoom in / out, right stick to move reticle, left stick to tune 'radio', X to select, O to exit. That's it, right? I don't bother with Codex button.

Down and X to enter FSS
Left stick to move the scanner up and down the spectrum
Right stick to move the thing around the screen
L2/R2 to zoom in and out
Down and X to exit FSS

And like OD - I do not bother with codex button just access that from the right panel when you have a long in system cruise to do and want something to read.

Not made it very new playre friendly really. Cant figure out how to activate a crew member either. activate button just stays red
It took me a bit to figure the hired Pilot. But, now that I have, I love Hazel.

The very first thing you need to keep in mind is you won't be able to use your hired pilot until you have a Fighter Bay module equipped.

Only certain ships can eqip a Fighter Bay module. You can find the list on this page, https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Fighter_Hangar

After you have the hangar equipped, you then have to make the hired pilot an active crew member at any crew lounge at a station.

Once you've done all that, you're gold.

To launch the pilot, square + down on the D- pad and scroll through the menu there to launch and give them orders and such.

Be careful, you can accidentally launch yourself in the fighter when you intended to send your hired pilot. Or you could switch with the hired pilot in the middle of combat.

You also want to be careful with how and when you issue orders to the hired pilot because they can cause you to receive fines and bounties.

All in all, I find my hired pilot to be myost valuable tool in my kit for the game.

And YES, I learned all that from trial and error. I hated the fines I had to pay out, and nearly lost my ship because I accidentally toggled back and forth with my pilot between my ship and the deployed fighter in the middle of combat.

I recommend flying to some place quiet and try out the controls and see how you feel piloting your shiny new fighter yourself and practice maneuvers with your newly hired Pilot.

Have fun out in the Black.

Last edited:
Down and X to enter FSS
Left stick to move the scanner up and down the spectrum
Right stick to move the thing around the screen
L2/R2 to zoom in and out
Down and X to exit FSS

And like OD - I do not bother with codex button just access that from the right panel when you have a long in system cruise to do and want something to read.
Cheers mate sorted many thanks

Top Bottom