Newcomer / Intro Sharur (Pilots' Federation District) Permit Locked

One of my new squadron members have ran into a bit of a problem. The Sharur system, in the Pilots' Federation District, requires a security permit to enter, but they are getting courier missions to be delivered there.
They still have the Pilots Federation District permit and can move freely around the other systems in the starter district, but cant plot a route to Sharur to complete a few missions, as it says they require a security permit in the galaxy map view. Can anyone advise what is required to gain this "security permit", or is it locked out due to something to do with Odyssey?
They are not running Odyssey, as they are on console.

One of my new squadron members have ran into a bit of a problem. The Sharur system, in the Pilots' Federation District, requires a security permit to enter, but they are getting courier missions to be delivered there.
They still have the Pilots Federation District permit and can move freely around the other systems in the starter district, but cant plot a route to Sharur to complete a few missions, as it says they require a security permit in the galaxy map view. Can anyone advise what is required to gain this "security permit", or is it locked out due to something to do with Odyssey?
They are not running Odyssey, as they are on console.
You don't "gain" the starter zone permit. You lose it.
The systems in the PF zone are open to newcomers. Once you gain a rank in any of the available rankings (trade, exploration or combat) and dock anywhere outside the starter systems, you lose the permit to go back.

The fact your colleague got a mission there is a bug. Permit-locked systems of any kind are supposed to be removed for mission destinations pool.

Last edited:
Odd if they can successfully plot to other starter zone systems.

I don’t know as all this is after my time but could it be that they are winged up with someone who is locked out, not likely but the only thing that came to my mind other than a bug.

I just checked with my mucking-about-in-the-noob-zone account - Sharur has indeed been changed. This is obviously a bug - I have raised a support request.

Lauma (20210608-143421).jpg

Last edited:
You don't "gain" the starter zone permit. You lose it.
We know. But back in April, Sharur system was like any other system in the PFD area, now though, it's permit locked with the text in red saying "security permit". Since I dont tend the forums much, I thought I would ask incase I had missed something new about that system, so I can pass the wisdom on to new players too.
The systems in the PF zone are open to newcomers. Once you gain a rank in any of the available rankings (trade, exploration or combat) and dock anywhere outside the starter systems, you lose the permit to go back.
That hasnt happened. Like i said previously, they still have the district permit because they have kept to just those ten systems), but now after about 5-6 week hiatus from the game, they just cant access this one system within that district, whereas previously, they could.
The fact your colleague got a mission there is a bug. Permit-locked systems of any kind are supposed to be removed for mission destinations pool.
Which make me wonder if Sharur should be permit locked. Courier and assassination missions are still available with Sharur as a destination, but you just cant plot a route there.

Last edited:
I think it has been done by Frontier to prevent further save game corruptions. In the last update they introduced a hug whereby if you are in the Sharur system and quit the game, your online account corrupts and you can no longer login into the game (it crashes to desktop when you pick solo or open play). The only current work around is to delete your online save, lose your progress and start over.

Just checked the issue tracker and it seems that there is an issue surrounding the Sharur system.
People were reporting that if they logged out, crashed, etc while in system, then they could not log back into the game. It seems the fix for those players who got trapped there was to reset their account, and the Fdev fix seems to be just permit lock Sharur, so no more players could enter and then get stuck there.

Which make me wonder if Sharur should be permit locked. Courier and assassination missions are still available with Sharur as a destination, but you just cant plot a route there.
Yeah, I suspect something went wrong during the update (surprise!). Normally, you don't get missions to permit systems. And PFD was the same, IIRC - yo only got outbound missions and had to return to the permit locked ones afterwards. Maybe they tried to make noobzone an exception, as it would be handy for the newbies if the individual systems could run missions between themselves.

In any case, Para says the system is locked even for the newbies, which is weird. Maybe they're doing something with the system. A Thargoid invasion into the newbiezone could be fun. Not for the newbies, of course. :LOL:

Just checked the issue tracker and it seems that there is an issue surrounding the Sharur system.
People were reporting that if they logged out, crashed, etc while in system, then they could not log back into the game. It seems the fix for those players who got trapped there was to reset their account, and the Fdev fix seems to be just permit lock Sharur, so no more players could enter and then get stuck there.

Typical F D fudge. Some time ago someone there made a coding error that got into an update, I can't remember the issue it caused but the F D response was to make every text input in livery be converted to UPPER-CASE - so you can enter a ship name or ID in Title-Case or just lower-case and it is converted into UPPER-CASE. If you look at your journals, only the starter Sidewinder can be in Title-Case or lower-case, everything else entered after that fudge was enacted is in UPPER-CASE because F D can't be bothered to fix the bug, just keep the fudge instead.

My ship list for Para Handy commander:

p h ships.jpg

Last edited:
I just checked with my mucking-about-in-the-noob-zone account - Sharur has indeed been changed. This is obviously a bug - I have raised a support request.

View attachment 237838
Hi, I have same issue, I have missions for Sharur, but it is now permit locked. I've started a couple of new games as I'm just picking this up again recently. I could access Sharur on previous new games, but since starting new game 2 days ago, Sharur is now permit locked. Is it worthwhile logging support request for this myself, or have you had respose from support already? Thanks

Hi, I have same issue, I have missions for Sharur, but it is now permit locked. I've started a couple of new games as I'm just picking this up again recently. I could access Sharur on previous new games, but since starting new game 2 days ago, Sharur is now permit locked. Is it worthwhile logging support request for this myself, or have you had respose from support already? Thanks
It's always worthwhile to file a ticket. Even for the minor things. Don't let the devs pick up a slack. :LOL:

What was really annoying was that ALL the Massacre and Takedown Contracts available from the PFD were ALL in Sharur - so NO kill contracts were possible.
Damn, I hope it is fixed now, bored with Mining, Courier, Delivery etc.
Wanna KILL!!!!! :)

What was really annoying was that ALL the Massacre and Takedown Contracts available from the PFD were ALL in Sharur - so NO kill contracts were possible.
Damn, I hope it is fixed now, bored with Mining, Courier, Delivery etc.
Wanna KILL!!!!! :)

Yes it is fixed now - go wipe out all the pirate scum. ;)

Top Bottom