Shinrarta Dezhra?

What's the meaning of the Founder's system's name? Any Arabic speakers out there?

Hints so far are minimal; we just have what's in Liqua's sig:
Founders System: Shinrarta Dezhra
"As is common throughout the known galaxy, it is rare for an indigenous species to name their system beyond the descriptive.
The Founders, however, were different .."

Given that, the name is likely aspirational or similar rather than "home", "ground", "sun" or whatever we'd normally use.

Shin. No idea. It's a Semitic letter, but that's not much use.

Rarta. Perhaps related to aqrarta? I keep seeing a prayer with it in, but there are so many different translations that it's hard to establish what the word means (and, anyway, our word isn't aqrarta). Interestingly, there's also a word in this prayer that sounds like Liqua, but that's a different matter.

Anyway, perhaps comfort (as in bringing relief) seems to be the general meaning. I've seen it translated as affirmed, but perhaps that's in the context of no longer suffering from doubt (i.e. in affirming one achieves contentment)?

Dezhra There's a Malay fashion company called Dezahra. Not all that useful in itself, but perhaps supports the beautiful from below, albeit that it doesn't explain the "de" part.

Zhra. Related to beautiful or brilliant.
Madīnat az-Zahrā, meaning "brilliant town", "beautiful town",
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medina_Azahara

So, bearing in mind this is little better than a total guess, something like Beautiful Haven?

Last edited:
I was curious so asked Liqua (if he'd given me an answer and told me to keep quiet I would have, but he didn't). The only thing I got from the conversation was that it does definitely have meaning. What that is though?

I'm glad of that, and I think that whatever it is, Liqua has chosen a name that WILL mean something. It does have a great mysterious air to it so in my opinion it's perfect. Well done.

I'm more intrigued by the indigenous species of the Founders World.
Because I have no reference of meaning, the name is just syllables for me at the moment. Also, I wonder if it will be shortened by players when spoken/written about; maybe even get a nickname.

All will be revealed, I'm sure. :)

No idea of the proper translation, many of the elements of both words are used in a lot of different languages. I have a feeling the last word is perhaps meaning something along the lines of "Of Paradise". Perhaps, with the above posts taken in to account, "Flower of Heaven".

No idea of the proper translation, many of the elements of both words are used in a lot of different languages. I have a feeling the last word is perhaps meaning something along the lines of "Of Paradise". Perhaps, with the above posts taken in to account, "Flower of Heaven".

I think the possible flower meaning comes from the last word as well, although with the radiant/shining/etc. aspect to it you may be right about the heaven thing.

It's obvious... Liqua's overbearing wife had a hire car the day he named it, and he made an anagram -

A Harridan's Hertz

Case closed. :)

I noticed, while doing the Cryptic Crossword, that part of the name (in anagram form) makes up the word Trader.... What can we get out of the remaining letters S H I N R A Z H A?? :D

If that is the name of the Founder's world ... I am OK with it.
Liqua, I was worried it would be awful or cheesy of simply terrible ... it's not.
So, from me ... good choice, thank you.

I think it is a great name - no doubt about that! System or world? Clarification needed, methinks!

If that is the name of the Founder's world ... I am OK with it.
Liqua, I was worried it would be awful or cheesy of simply terrible ... it's not.
So, from me ... good choice, thank you.

I agree, I like the name... There's an air of mystery and majesty to it... Excellent choice...

Just hope it doesn't turn out to translate into 'A pint of lager and a packet of crisps'... :D:D

Hmm, I think I've cracked it.... but I don't want to say :-/

Nice choice, Liqua! Much more original and unique than I was expecting :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom