Ship Ability Against Interdiction

Hi all. I can follow the escape marker and avoid interdiction in a Type 7 100% of the time which has an agility value of 92, but fail miserably in the same tactic with a Type 9 (ability 43), and mostly fail with an Anaconda (ability 90) without having to resort to low/high waking. My question is, is the agility of a craft only dependent on that agility value, or does engineering effect the amount of roll/turn therefore increasing/reducing the agility value.

I really would like to haul large amounts of cargo but need some understanding as to the effectiveness of a crafts ability to be successful following the escape marker. I'm almost at a position to obtain a cutter, but it's agility value of 67 appears to not make it a viable proposition. The corvette on the other hand with an ability value of 105 does at least offer more cargo space than my current python, and would (at least on paper), be able to avoid interdiction by following the escape marker.

I hope I've been able to explain myself succinctly enough. :rolleyes:

Regards

Hi all. I can follow the escape marker and avoid interdiction in a Type 7 100% of the time which has an agility value of 92, but fail miserably in the same tactic with a Type 9 (ability 43), and mostly fail with an Anaconda (ability 90) without having to resort to low/high waking. My question is, is the agility of a craft only dependent on that agility value, or does engineering effect the amount of roll/turn therefore increasing/reducing the agility value.

I really would like to haul large amounts of cargo but need some understanding as to the effectiveness of a crafts ability to be successful following the escape marker. I'm almost at a position to obtain a cutter, but it's agility value of 67 appears to not make it a viable proposition. The corvette on the other hand with an ability value of 105 does at least offer more cargo space than my current python, and would (at least on paper), be able to avoid interdiction by following the escape marker.

I hope I've been able to explain myself succinctly enough. :rolleyes:

Regards

The agility of a craft in super cruise is dependant entirely on hidden stats that no on can actually see, but there is a chart out there somewhere wigh all of the ships currently in the game with their super cruise stats

If youre talking NPC, then generally I escape in any ship. I automatically hit 70% throttle and just follow the blue thing. I think the 70% throttle is the key. I have it bound to Number Pad 7 on kb.

Ive no idea against a CMDR.

Yep what bootsam said. Any ship I have avoids every interdiction from NPCs. Even in my type 9. Main thing is you have plenty of time. Dont panic and fight the controls

With a Cutter, you just submit and then boost outta there then low wake... That thing turns like a brick but runs like a rabbit, and is also tough with shields. With 8A G5 DD thrusters it can boost over 500m/s, and with a little bit of engineering shields you could shrug off an entire aggroed nav beacon and never break a sweat.

T7 and T6 flown by players are harder to interdict than other ships. I think something was altered a while back to make them more slippery.

An extra coating of Lakon interdiction lube or something.

Hi. Yes sorry i didn't explain that it's solo and therefore NCP's only. The 70% throttle is good to know.

Regards

Hi. Yes sorry i didn't explain that it's solo and therefore NCP's only. The 70% throttle is good to know.

Regards

I have a method which is probably superstition, but it’s what I do.
I am “centre blue” when maneuvering and full throttle when I’m in the reticle.

And (again superstition) I think I get faster results by “crossing” escape vector than by staying on it.
Like better to wipe back and forth than just try to stay locked on.

Does it work because it’s the best way?
Does it work because it’s good enough?
Does it work in spite of being absolutely the worst things to do?

shrugs - goes back to doing it.

Your speed is locked during interdictions and only changes based on gravity, so moving the throttle has no impact. It's all about your ship's agility.

Maybe it's just me, but I always idle back to the mid blue area and if I can't stay in the exact center of the vector, I manage to stay inbetween the vector and the interdictor. Of the thousand plus times I've been interdicted only 6 of them have been by humans, I only lost two of the minigames, both were to humans in which case I simply boosted two or three times and either low or high waked.

Your speed is locked during interdictions and only changes based on gravity, so moving the throttle has no impact. It's all about your ship's agility.

Hi. Are you saying that interdiction's lock your ships speed at the speed that you are travelling at the point of interdiction, meaning if you reduce your speed to e.g. 70% prior to interdiction, it will stay at 70% for the length of time the interdiction lasts?

Regards

I would like to know if this is true. I'll be very observant next time I'm being interdicted.

I've had a T-9 and a Conda and they were tough to stay on target because of their dismal roll rate (imho) even when at 70%. I sold the T-9 because of this a couple years ago; my nerves would frazzle each time I got nailed.

I just sold my Beluga but it had a wonderful roll rate and SC handling. I sold it because I needed $$ to get a Corvette that I got to test out during the last Beta. The Beluga is a breeze to fly in SC and I made millions and millions hauling cargo and butts. I also got a T-10 after testing it and it has a bad roll rate but it has other positives over the T-9 if I lose or submit to the interdiction. Atm, my new Vette and T-10 are the money makers.

Thanks for Beta
GL HF Commanders

If that's the case then how can you throttle down to zero to submit before boosting away? I find that if I throttle to the center of the blue zone my ship is far more maneuverable and I can pretty much stay nose to nose with the escape vector but if I'm at full throttle I have to fight to stay there. Roll and pitch, roll and pitch...

Ah, but the player can change that speed before the interdiction occurs.

Incoming interdiction message.
Drop the throttle to quickly reduce the hyperspace speed.
Not to zero unless accepting the interdiction.
Interdiction occurs, set the throttle into the blue zone for maneuverability.
Align with the reticle and evade.

At slow speeds I easily stay on the reticle with little or no drift. Simple to evade in a Cutter with 0.5C speed.
Trying to run to the station and entering at high speeds makes evading a lot more difficult. Note one can
also head for the station gaining distance from the interdictor then allow more time to drop the speed. The
throttle in the blue zone adds maneuverability but slow interdiction entry speed wins the game.

Sneaky those Devs doing something opposite of what one would logically assume to avoid an interdiction.

Still if this works for PvP encounters gankers will not be happy. Then again they might slow down as well.

Last edited:
If you were to invest in a Corvette or a Cutter, there's no need to evade interdictions.

You can outfit either of those ships to be able to engage and destroy any NPC foolish enough to stop you while still carrying a full load. My Cutter carries 728T in its current trim with 6A shields (plenty for NPCs).

I always submit and engage the NPCs, they're just extra CR and fun. It can be a little risky if you get Anacondas in a series, happens mostly if you stack a bunch of missions. Even then, you can always disengage if your shields get low.

I fight in my Python as well, but watch your shields!

Top Bottom