Ship flying into star after hyperspace

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody, im relatively new here (not new to elite dangerous however), and I was hoping somebody can help figure something out for me.

I've played a lot of elite dangerous on Xbox one and a couple months ago I decided to take a break from the game. Just recently I started playing it again and I realized now that every time I exit my hyperspace jump, my ship immediately speeds up to max supercruise speed (I dont press any buttons) and starts flying directly into the star because the ship is always pointed towards it, and I cant change the direction in enough time to stop my ship from exiting supercruise. This is especially problematic with white dwarf encounters. This really worries me because I just purchased a python recently and I dont have enough money to buy it back so if I die then... lol game over :)
I just liked it better when my ship would simply exit hyperspace, and then come to a complete stop in full view of the beautiful star. I never wanted to fly directly into it.

So my question is: Is this happening to anybody else or am I the only one? Was this released as part of a patch/update? Is there anyway I can fix it or disable it?

Any help regarding this topic would be much appreciated, thanks!

It turns out that the whole 'exit hyperspace at zero supercruise speed' WAS the issue (as far as FDev saw it) and "fixed" it. Apparently you were always supposed to exit hyperspace at full throttle. To get around it, when your FSD is counting down, or during the hyperspace jump itself, you can hold the throttle down button (and even watch the throttle lever and your left hand in the cockpit) and you will exit hyperspace at zero supercruise throttle.

Way i do things to avoid suns are if the sun fit's within my canopy, i can avoid it due to allowing me to find best way to turn to avoid suns. This does however require quite the reaction time, something years of videogames does help with. To this day the only reason i hit suns are one, i walk away from tv like an idiot, two, i'm in different application/snap menu, or three, im being followed by professional trackers that i cannot best, and i cannot high wake then low wake fast enough, so i ram into sun to avoid detection.

Please park your Python and fly something else until you can afford the insurance. Nobody likes to see a homeless CMDR :(

Please park your Python and fly something else until you can afford the insurance. Nobody likes to see a homeless CMDR :(

True that! Can't have any griefers seeing a python with malfunctioning/destroyed modules take advantage of it.

Indeed, i really suggest flying something els till you can rebuy.

If you get destroyed now, its not only terrible for you, but also for how you think of the game.. lol..

Apparently, the makers of this game think it's cool to throw you at a gigantic ball of fire every time you exit hyperspace. Enjoy! It's a feature!

I feel like its a bug of some sorrs, I’ve never had it happen to me in almost a year of playing until today, happened twice where I almost died once in a white dearf, closed the game and after that it didnt happen again.

In the right hand pannel you will find a setting that says hyperspace dethrotle, on or off. It's in the ship menu, 2. From top.
If my memory is correct..
Should solve your problem.
Fly safe...or not😁
O7
Edit: are you still alive?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom