General Ship handbrake to prevent accidental station launch.

I would like there to be a 'handbrake' so that there's a reduced chance of accidentally tapping the launch button whilst docked. I was thinking that if your life support is off, then the launch button is greyed out.
With Starport Services right above the launch button, sometimes I miss it and hit the Launch button. Seeing as atmosphere restores when docking, one could deactivate life support prior to touch down and that would prevent user error from launching the ship.
Obviously, in order to enable launch one just needs to reactivate life support...

I think this could be achieved by giving us an "abort launch" button, say a five-second count down to undocking during which you could cancel the launch. I cannot possibly count the number of times I have hit launch and then remembered something (limpets, cargo, etc) and faced having to leave the station and re-dock. I know this has been suggested a few times before.

Deleted member 121570

D
Not a bad idea as long as can also treat it as an option and disable it if you choose.
I wouldn't personally want to face any delay every time I wanna launch...

I think this could be achieved by giving us an "abort launch" button, say a five-second count down to undocking during which you could cancel the launch. I cannot possibly count the number of times I have hit launch and then remembered something (limpets, cargo, etc) and faced having to leave the station and re-dock. I know this has been suggested a few times before.
If one ever accidently launch's, hitting the escape key on the keyboard will stop the game. Restart may take a couple of minutes, but also stops the launch.

Add a Handbrake, then add a Handbrake Handbrake, to overcome muscle memory that automatically takes the handbrake off. Then a Handbrake Handbrake Handbrake for when you get used to automatically taking the Handbrake Handbrake off.

or do like Nemo says, relog before exit and be back on the pad 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom