Ship ideas

how about a ship that can carry small player ships from wingmates to a battle like a small carrier maybe with rearm repair options for them or an ESM/ECM cruiser for support like share a long range radar with wingmates or providing false targets for the enemy

Last edited:
Old ideas:
  • Large explorer that is not Anaconda: Big FSD, good cockpit view and good supercruise handling that's for a large ship. Relatively small landing footprint too. I'd love it to be Saud Kruger.
  • An AX SLF that's specifically good at taking on the thargon swarm. Perhaps it has something that always aggroes it and then it can run away, launching flak mines.
  • A Gutamaya medium.

Old ideas:
  • Large explorer that is not Anaconda: Big FSD, good cockpit view and good supercruise handling that's for a large ship. Relatively small landing footprint too. I'd love it to be Saud Kruger.
  • An AX SLF that's specifically good at taking on the thargon swarm. Perhaps it has something that always aggroes it and then it can run away, launching flak mines.
  • A Gutamaya medium.
Gutamaya medium? Yes, please! The Clipper really should have been a medium, but FDev made its wingspan too big. :/

But I won't hate you forever, FDev, if you give us some OTHER Gutamaya medium ship... ;)

Something on par with the FDL/Mamba...

I'm going to toss in the idea of a cargo-optimized medium ship that can compete with the Python for outpost trade missions. It doesn't need to be well armed, but it should be able to beat the Python in cargo capacity.

Another thing I would like to see is a large ship for the Alliance. While the development of the Type-10 was funded by the Alliance, it is not branded with the Alliance name (it isn't called the Alliance Type-10 Defender, just the Type-10 Defender). As such, I don't see the Type-10 being the Alliance large ship. Either re-brand the Type-10 with the Alliance name (please don't) or make a new large ship with the design aesthetic of the Chieftain family (please do).

Also, more ZP ships. I know that the Panther Clipper (which we're all still waiting for, by the way) is supposedly built by ZP, so I could see the other trade cats from FE2 and FFE (Lion, Tiger, Puma) being ZP ships as well. Bonus points will be awarded if the 2 smallest ships, the Lion and the Tiger, are small and medium ships (respectively) that are cargo-optimized for their respective size class (able to out-haul the Python and Cobra IV, respectively).

Full list of everything suggested so far in this thread:
  • A carrier that can be used for other player's ships
  • An electronic warfare ship
  • A SLF with abrasion blasters
  • A Gutamaya exploration ship
  • SLFs for passenger missions and exploration
  • An alternative large exploration ship to the Anaconda, preferably one(s) built by Saud Kruger or Gutamaya
  • A Sidewinder that can be used like a SLF, modular and fully customizable
  • A medium Gutamaya ship
  • A medium-pad cargo ship that can out-haul the Python
  • A large ship for the Alliance, preferably not the Type-10 and preferably with the Chieftain family aesthetic
  • The trade cats from FE2 and FFE (Lion, Tiger, Puma, and Panther), preferably as ZP ships
  • A capital ship for the Alliance
  • A small ZP combat ship, similar in style to the Mamba
The list will be updated as more suggestions are made.

Last edited:
I'm going to toss in the idea of a cargo-optimized medium ship that can compete with the Python for outpost trade missions. It doesn't need to be well armed, but it should be able to beat the Python in cargo capacity.

Simply re-scale the Type-7. It's fractionally too tall for a medium sized pad. And it cannot compete with the other large ships, so it would be perfect as a medium. The T-7 is shorter and narrower than the Python, and only 2.6m taller than the Federal Assault Ship.

My list
  • Saud Kruger should have a (more) dedicated explorer, possibly a medium ship that has several modules size 4 and 5 (for 1-2 luxury cabins, FSA booster, shields and fuel scoop).
    Actually with his one size 5 module (minimum for luxury cabins) the Dolphin is nearly there.
  • Gutamaya also lacks a good explorer vessel.
  • A cheap medium sized transport ship. While the Python is a good trader it is not inexpensive.
  • A maximum sized large trading ship. With a size barely fitting a large landing spot, slow, several weapons distributed around the body (intended for turrets). This could be the new Panther Clipper.
  • New "fighter", a passenger and a cargo ferry.
    When launched you get a menu to load the boat and that is all the space you have when docking a station.
    Simple version: These can dock an a small landing pad and allow you full access to the station.
    Of course you can put in more passengers than in normal modules because it is only a ferry.
  • A capital ship for the Alliance.
    Don't they have any or are they using Federal and Imperial ships?

As for ships this game lacks a Gutamaya medium ships between the courier and clipper it needs a combat and explorer or a combine of both a hybrid kraith and mamba like it really lacks a imperial cruiser...with some design inpiration from either the delphinus series of ace combat 3 or mass effect 's tempest with different cockpit inspiration.

You misspelled G-U-T-A-M-A-Y-A in your list. We already have two large Saud Kruger explorers with the Orca and Beluga.
Added to the list. When in doubt, why not ask for both? :p
  • A capital ship for the Alliance.
    Don't they have any or are they using Federal and Imperial ships?
Added to the list. I'm trying to imagine what a Lakon (the official Alliance shipbuilder) battlecruiser would look like....

Last edited:
I'd love either an ultra high end SMALL ship, like a small that costs 50 million, or a small fighter with the Lakon canopy.

Think a Viper with an AspX canopy (but the ceiling not so towering, I imagine, even though our small ships are still really big). I play in VR and love being able to see below me, and I love how my G5'd Viper handles, so to combine the two would be amazing. I know it doesn't fit a new role necessarily (depending on how its tweaked), but I don't mind ships that are side-grades with unique tweaks. Like Krait and Python, Mamba and FDL, etc, it offers variety and fun.

Aside from that Lakon-small-fighter dream, a high end small ship, prolly ultra flimsy, but handles great, and strapped to a single Huge hardpoint would also be fun. Just a hardpoint and engines and not much else. And not enough optional internals to beef up the hull, but maneuverable as all git out to avoid getting hit. Maybe even an overly small power plant so you gotta make tough choices if ya want enhanced thrusters and a big engineered weapon, so you're always juggling power priorities even after engineering OR your overcharging has caused you to always overheat and have an even more flimsy power plant.

I have tweaks I'd love to see for the T7 and Keelback, but I'll keep my rambling to just the new ship talk.

Think a Viper with an AspX canopy (but the ceiling not so towering, I imagine, even though our small ships are still really big). I play in VR and love being able to see below me, and I love how my G5'd Viper handles, so to combine the two would be amazing. I know it doesn't fit a new role necessarily (depending on how its tweaked), but I don't mind ships that are side-grades with unique tweaks. Like Krait and Python, Mamba and FDL, etc, it offers variety and fun.
Have you tried the DBS? What you said seems to fit the description of the DBS....
Aside from that Lakon-small-fighter dream, a high end small ship, prolly ultra flimsy, but handles great, and strapped to a single Huge hardpoint would also be fun. Just a hardpoint and engines and not much else. And not enough optional internals to beef up the hull, but maneuverable as all git out to avoid getting hit. Maybe even an overly small power plant so you gotta make tough choices if ya want enhanced thrusters and a big engineered weapon, so you're always juggling power priorities even after engineering OR your overcharging has caused you to always overheat and have an even more flimsy power plant.
So, like the Vulture, but with a single huge hardpoint instead of a pair of larges? It would certainly be interesting, but I don't think it would be even the smallest bit practical (or possible). A retracted huge hardpoint is 6m wide, 6m tall, and 12m long, in order to maintain the ship symmetry required for flight, the ship will either need to be 24m long or over 12m tall when the hardpoint is deployed. Considering that the small hangar is ~50m long and ~15m tall, that doesn't leave much room for the rest of the ship, especially since you'll likely need Vulture-like internals to be able to support your single hardpoint. As for the enhanced thrusters, there is NO WAY that a ship with a huge hardpoint would be able to mount enhanced performance thrusters, let alone get a worthwhile performance boost out of them due to the fact that the hull will likely exceed the thrusters' maximum mass.

Top Bottom