Ship startup and shutdown proedure

Lestat

Banned
Man I love this game and have been playing since mid 2016.

I would some sort of boot up sequence and shutdown sequence in ships.

There is another game which I wont mention which you need to turn power on etc.

Can we have a bit more detail and realisum plesse
This would have to be set up for different stages I would think Because people would like just when you start the game. Other would like it when they leave a station.

Used once and then disabled forever by 99.99999% of the players .

While I'm not saying it might be nice, how many here use the checklist in launching their ship? I used it exactly once!

Working on stuff that's never used doesn't seem a sensible allocation of resources.

Have you never used an SRV ... lots of rattling and klanging.

I dunno - half the threads around here complain about things taking too long, the others ask for more delays to be added - poor fdev, I don't envy them ;)

I seem to remember that we used to have to spool up the engines once we returned in the SRV. Folk couldn't get their head around it and bug reported it all the time.

Have you never used an SRV ... lots of rattling and klanging.

I dunno - half the threads around here complain about things taking too long, the others ask for more delays to be added - poor fdev, I don't envy them ;)

Options are always an option, in this case at least.
Regular start up/sequence

Options are always an option, in this case at least.
Regular start up/sequence

Except an option that nobody is going to use and that takes time and effort to implement is rather a strange one to push for. Individual player requests for options that only they will ever use are quite common, my hope is that FDEV won't go down the path of trying to satisfy every single player request no matter how small, inconsequential or meaningless.

Except an option that nobody is going to use and that takes time and effort to implement is rather a strange one to push for. Individual player requests for options that only they will ever use are quite common, my hope is that FDEV won't go down the path of trying to satisfy every single player request no matter how small, inconsequential or meaningless.

Always nice to have a wish list, as evidenced by this entire subforums contents and existence.

Except this one was pretty much already in game, at least on planetary landings. Just some folk couldn't engage brain cells on how it worked and bug reported it (along with a lot of poo slinging), then others jumped on the bandwagon.

So it ended up removed.

Have you ever played flight sims like Flight Simulator or X-Plane.

A huge part of Elite is flying your space ship, and it is my impression, that many of us are drawn to Elite by the 'Space ship sim experience'. Thus it wouldn't be bad for FDev to glance a little at the popular features of flight sims.

Here are some of those immersive features, that have a proven track record in the flight sim community (ie. people pay money or download mods that do this), and thus would likely be appreciated by more than a few of us Elite 'simmers':
a) 'realistic' (immersive) start up / shutdown procedures
b) Space Station traffic controls (instead of just being told 'request denied' - you get advised of your place in the queue and get a specific sector to orbit
c) More subsytem management and tweaking (avionics, weapon system and engine settings, etc.)

It has to be balanced and optional of course, just like in the Flight Sims - so casual simmers do not get put at a disadvantage for not using these features.

By the way, stating that 'nobody is going to use (...)' just because you don't see the appeal is really a poor argument, when you have nothing to back it up. Especially in a thread where several has uttered support for the idea.

Top Bottom