Ship UPPERCASE NAME issue?

After updating, the name of the ship is automatically converted to ugly upper case when renamed, is that just me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    368.5 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 186
I noticed my Fleet Carrier ID changed. It was W04-G0J when I bought it, and stayed that till today when I patched. It is now a entirely different ID. The name stayed the same though.

The English language UI font for ship names is all caps with a limited set of characters (e.g. accents aren't supported), though I'm still calling this a regression; prior to the carrier update I could use both cases in a name and it would show correctly in third party systems like ED Market Connector and Inara. I just bought a new ship and it shouts its name all of a sudden.

Ship names display in game with upper-case but are stored in the case you enter them. Yes, even though the ship and carrier names appear in all caps during entry and on the ship hull and interface where it is displayed.

If you don't let the all caps display get to you and type it the way you want it displayed it will appear that way in EDMC and third party websites. I know because my carrier, Sleipnir and my ships are all done this way to preserve readability outside the game.

Frontier displays ship names in caps because it is easier to ensure readability for more people. In fact you can see this in the use of caps across almost all interface elemennnts.

Ship names display in game with upper-case but are stored in the case you enter them.
That's what I'm saying isn't happening right now, or at least not everywhere. I do just like you for legibility outside of the game; I typed in "Tadoussac" but consistently got "TADOUSSAC" in EDMC.

Ship names display in game with upper-case but are stored in the case you enter them. Yes, even though the ship and carrier names appear in all caps during entry and on the ship hull and interface where it is displayed.

If you don't let the all caps display get to you and type it the way you want it displayed it will appear that way in EDMC and third party websites. I know because my carrier, Sleipnir and my ships are all done this way to preserve readability outside the game.

You are mistaken - ship names are now in upper-case. Ships named since the patch are shown in upper-case in EDDiscovery etc whereas those named before the patch show the case as it was input. (This goes for ship ID as well as names.)

Top Bottom