Ships Ships core ideas you’d like to see still?

Core design themes of ships you’d like to see that we don’t yet have?

couple of mine are:
-small fast ship with a single huge hard point.
-successor to the vulture. Medium ship with dual huge
-t8, combat variant t7
-saw a great concept art for a t2 explorer. That’s be dope too.

y’all?

An Imperial Explorer - new Imperial ship somewhere in the 60-80M credits range, designed for exploring in the kind of style that only Gutamaya can deliver.

More maneuverable and less tanky than the Cutter and not as fast as the Clipper, but with a better base jump range than either and enough optional internals to make it ideal for long exploration trips with all of the equipment you could want.

How about a large ship, or ships, (maybe a Boa? ...or the legendary Panther) that can house a hangar bay capable of carrying a small ship. Not just a fighter, the actual small ships in the game like the Sidewinder, Eagle, etc.
With the introduction of FC we could definitely use a behemoth of a hauler with 1000t cargo. Little weaponry, slow, just a big ole lumbering cargo hauler. Panther clipper where are you

I'd just like to be able to fly a Moray Star Boat - even able to go underwater when atmospherics come along.

Moray_Star_Boat.gif

An Imperial Explorer - new Imperial ship somewhere in the 60-80M credits range, designed for exploring in the kind of style that only Gutamaya can deliver.

More maneuverable and less tanky than the Cutter and not as fast as the Clipper, but with a better base jump range than either and enough optional internals to make it ideal for long exploration trips with all of the equipment you could want.
So a sort of Gutamaya Krait? And would it be a medium class ship?

Core design themes of ships you’d like to see that we don’t yet have?

couple of mine are:
-small fast ship with a single huge hard point.
-successor to the vulture. Medium ship with dual huge
-t8, combat variant t7
-saw a great concept art for a t2 explorer. That’s be dope too.

y’all?
Don’t the Diamondbacks and Asps fill the T2-T5 slots in the Lakon range?

Don’t the Diamondbacks and Asps fill the T2-T5 slots in the Lakon range?
Every role for a ship has been filled for years at this point. They’ve been adding ships for varieties sake for a while, which is good imo. No reason we can’t spitball for more

Every role for a ship has been filled for years at this point. They’ve been adding ships for varieties sake for a while, which is good imo. No reason we can’t spitball for more
I appreciate that, but just wondering what a T2 would bring to the table that is not already in the Lakon line, which is pretty comprehensive already. It is still going to look like a Lakon design. Other lines could do with more fleshing out. The Gutamaya line could do with a medium class combat ship, Saud Kruger a medium class liner and would be nice to see a Large Zorgon Petersen design.

I appreciate that, but just wondering what a T2 would bring to the table that is not already in the Lakon line, which is pretty comprehensive already. It is still going to look like a Lakon design. Other lines could do with more fleshing out. The Gutamaya line could do with a medium class combat ship, Saud Kruger a medium class liner and would be nice to see a Large Zorgon Petersen design.
Focusing on filling out manufacturers gaps is a good idea. Or even adding new ones with entire new visual themes

One of the thing whitch was discussed on the Clipper thread was to give it another medium class hardpoint on the centre line. This would be a unique combo of 2 large and 3 medium.

I'd like to see more Capital ships added to the game like frigates, destroyers, and light cruisers. Even if its controlled by npc's, like when sometimes a fed battlecruiser can be found being attacked by pirates at distress calls.

Top Bottom