Ships Ships for Mat Farming in HazRES? (not 'Vette)

It's easily enough. I've run the Chieftain with 2 Large Plasmas without extra fuel tanks long enough, and rarely came close to running dry. So twice the tank size for 3 PAs should do fine. Ofc it depends on how long you want to stay outside -- but for me and my attention span the endurance provided by 500 PA shots should do well enough. ^^

And yeah it's great that Krait and Phantom share the same internals -- I already have a spare stock Phantom sitting in the hangar for a combat build. ^^

Also worth noting, not all Plasma Slug weapons are as fuel efficient as others. Small railguns consume nearly same fuel as medium railguns. My fuel levels drop fastest when using imperial hammers on my Cutter. I use at least 128t of fuel for that ship as the Hammers suck fuel down fast.

I like to use normal medium railgun on some ships with limited fuel supply, as that is the most fuel efficient railgun. Plasma accelerator plasma slugs are far more fuel efficient too.

Also worth noting, not all Plasma Slug weapons are as fuel efficient as others. Small railguns consume nearly same fuel as medium railguns. My fuel levels drop fastest when using imperial hammers on my Cutter. I use at least 128t of fuel for that ship as the Hammers suck fuel down fast.

I like to use normal medium railgun on some ships with limited fuel supply, as that is the most fuel efficient railgun. Plasma accelerator plasma slugs are far more fuel efficient too.
Yup, you right about that, I used once for a while 3 Imperials on my Vette, and twice I almost die the potato death, running out of fuel in ResH ... my fault, but yes, the Imperial seems to drink a lot, they are very, very thirsty, the Vette cannot stand more than 30 -45 min with just one tank... reason I switched to other effects, I prefer to synth ammo for them.

AFAIK the rule is very simple -- each single plasma slug eats 20kg of fuel, no matter the size or damage. So a class 2 PA guzzles exactly as much as a class 3 or as a class 1 Rail. But worst of all, bc ImpHammers fire 3 rounds... you guessed it, you pay the 20kg for each of these. So that adds up quite brutally. Same for the Advanced PA if I'm informed correctly. So long story short... for ImpHammers or APAs it's probably really preferable to synth, but with class 3 PAs you get good bang for the buck. ^^

AFAIK the rule is very simple -- each single plasma slug eats 20kg of fuel, no matter the size or damage. So a class 2 PA guzzles exactly as much as a class 3 or as a class 1 Rail. But worst of all, bc ImpHammers fire 3 rounds... you guessed it, you pay the 20kg for each of these. So that adds up quite brutally. Same for the Advanced PA if I'm informed correctly. So long story short... for ImpHammers or APAs it's probably really preferable to synth, but with class 3 PAs you get good bang for the buck. ^^
I come to the same conclusion, you are right.... the monstrously "thirst" of Imp Hammers are a consequence of this.... Normal PA.s , with a sensible lower rate of fire, are the way to go, if you choose to synth - since you cannot fire them as fast as the Hammers, I found out I can stay almost 1h in ResH before I need for a synth reload...
Indeed, "you get good bang for the buck."

And yeah it's great that Krait and Phantom share the same internals -- I already have a spare stock Phantom sitting in the hangar for a combat build. ^^
Think the Phantom is better for pure combat than the MK 2 (if you don't want to take a fighter that is).
Might also build another one with more 'standard' setup as well. It just cries for a straight forward 2 large PA and 2 medium rails armament.

I am still tinkering around with my all focused thermal conduit Phantom though, which I do like quite a lot for its 'all-in-or-nothing' attitude. That thing goes above 580 ms, has 2000mj shields and another 2600mj in banks and still1400 hull integrity.
And of course its firepower is absolutely brutal, perfect for high ranking assassination missions. Might even try how it fares in PvP soon. ;)

My giggles conda. Railer. High pierce plasma ammo imp hammers with turreted cooler beams. A size 6 extra fuel tank.
Sits in a haz rez for ages

And again an update... The Challenger is in for a revamp again. ^^ I finally got hold of a container load of Cytoscramblers and so I had to test them immediately. Did so first on the Chieftain and the results are pretty fearsome. XD

Or as one of my wingmates said when I stripped shield after shield with a few short bursts that barely registered on the distro: "Feels a bit like cheating." XD

So anyway, now i need to find a way to squeeze enough juice for a new setup out of the Armoured PP if possible. The large laser is redundant bc each of the Cytos will do more damage. So ideally we'd replace with another PA, like so:

LMM: RF PAs (slug)
M: HC MC (corr)
SSS: Eff Cytos

...if all else fails I may have to go back to an OC power plant ^^ But I'll run the numbers through edsy before making a decision.

Top Bottom