Should the permit for Sol be made avaiable for all?

To be honest I didn't even realise Sol had a permit lock when I first arrived there, I just flew straight in. It appears that rather than jumping in the first ship I had and rushing to Sol I actually spent around a month just playing the game and getting used to things, and by the time I actually decided to fly there I already had the permit, funny that!
Funny thing is, I found I had the Sol permit almost from the beginning. Did we get a headstart because we had a Lep? Or maybe a bug let us get it early? I'm sure I didn't reach Petty Officer in the Fed Navy until later.

Now of course, my Free Epic Alt has no permits .... and I feel very isolated :cry:

I only got my sol permit last week cause i was bored with everything else and it was something to do. Do new players think they're gonna have google earth when they get there?

It's a good way to introduce the concept of unlocking a system permit. I'd wager many new players would seek out Sol early on.

My point was I never grinded (ground?) the Sol permit, indeed any permit, they just turned up as I played the game. Rushing to Sol and finding you can't get in is like starting a new MMO and charging straight into the first Raid Dungeon and then complaining to everyone that the first Raid Boss one shot you and it should be made easy for all players.
That analogy doesn't quite fit this setting, but I get your point.

I only got my sol permit last week cause i was bored with everything else and it was something to do. Do new players think they're gonna have google earth when they get there?
Google Earth is outdated by about 900 years, the best navigational app is Starlink Map, but their services require a special permit as well.

Answer to the OP's post? No. Nor did I read 6 pages about it.Getting access to the Sol permit is one of the basic and probably easiest preparing a new player for more access to other permits with more difficulty. The problem with getting access to Sol is with the accuracy the Devs applied to the universe it is mostly boring. There are some huge mile high mountains on Titan SRVs love to play with but the Devs never gave us a station on the Earth moon to land on. Still they had all the stations from the previous Elite games. I'm still waiting...

Last edited:
Top Bottom