Should the permit for Sol be made avaiable for all?

This might sound as an unpopular opinion or weird, but hear me out. I'm not asking this for myself, but because of somethings I have seen recently.

Currently I am using my second account to stay on the new player systems to try and talk to as many new players and gather them together under the NUPL (New Player Lounge) mentor squadron, by the way if you are interested just apply you can be a mentor too, and a question that was recurrent in chat, that new players asked, was where was earth and how to get to Sol, you, veteran player already know the answer and it is kind of anticlimatic for newbies to come into this massive semi-realistic game, hoping to see the solar system and the answer being it is locked behind a grind, behind something that will take them some considerable time, this turned off a lot of people, it gave some players the impresison that the game is only a grind, as perpetuated by some bad mouths around the game. Going there and seeing how much attention to details the game has can be a deciding factor if they sitck to the game or not, not all players are going to go there immediately but their curiosity is bound drive them there some time in the future.

Doing away with the permit is something I can't see as being negative for the game, there is literally no downside, the ones that are going to complain are the ones that are going to say that it is unfair they had to grind for it or people still wanting it to be an elitist thing, but these are a easy fix, just replace the permit with something else, you are still having your exclusive whatever andbeing "rewarded" for the rank up.

I cannot stress how much the awinspiring moment of seeing the solar system, a place you are familiar, being masterfully represented in the game can have on you, it motivates a player to stick around, want to explore, know more about the game and stick to the community. This whole permit thing might have even happened to you when you were starting, so pease let's try to make this a thing and give the game a better feeling, a better experience.

CONCLUSION: No

Last edited:
Doing away with the permit is something I can't see as being negative for the game, there is literally no downside, the ones that are going to complain are the ones that are going to say that it is unfair they had to grind for it or people still wanting it to be an elitist thing, but these are a easy fix, just replace the permit with something else, you are still having your exclusive whatever andbeing "rewarded" for the rank up.

I cannot stress how much the awinspiring moment of seeing the solar system, a place you are familiar, being masterfully represented in the game can have on you, it motivates a player to stick around, want to explore, know more about the game and stick to the community. This whole permit thing might have even happened to you when you were starting, so pease let's try to make this a thing and give the game a better feeling, a better experience.
I could make the same argument about this being worth sticking around for by ranking up so you unlock the system and get to enjoy the familiar sights.

Besides, the first time you drop in on a white dwarf as a new player blows your socks off! Easily a better awe moment than Sol and you don’t need a permit...

Also, it’s really not a grind. The Sol permit is very low hanging fruit these days...

A lot of CMDRs got the Achenar permit from a CG, so maybe the Sol permit will be rewarded in a future CG. Idk though. The Sol permit doesn't take that long to get.

Could soon be a moot point when Odyssey drops.

It's a matter of interpretation, but probably the permit is to restrict privately-owned warships approaching the capital of the Federation, rather than passengers visiting humanity's ancestral home. You ought to be able to take an Apex taxi there.

Other permits might work differently though (no public taxi to Shinrarta Dezhra).

Top Bottom