Show Decals in comms/target info

Decals are nice additions to the game, some of them are even quite impressive.
Only problem: They are almost invisible to other players, at whom they are aimed. So they are missing their essential function.

It would be great to show the active decals on a ship on a player's Target Info screen, at the Ship's ID (=visible to other players even without a scan). Then Commanders could decide by themselves which allegiance / skill / mood they want to display openly -- aside from powerplay allegiance.

This could add some substantial meaning to the Decal system.

Sounds interesting. But i can't imagine how to put that into the target info display without either:
  • Being extremely small and so hard to recognize it, that it's not really worth using.
  • Being big enough to show things, but using up plenty of space on our HUD.

In the first case, it would be a waste. In the second case, i'd probably right away ask for the option to switch it off, to keep my UI to the essentials. Which would defeat the whole purpose of implementing it at first.

Mind you, i very much know what you mean, i'd also appreciate the decals on my ship to be better visible. But i think that cluttering the target display on the HUD is not a viable solution.

True indeed, question is there how small decals can get while still recognizable. There is certain space at the Ship ID in the target info window or even more in the comms line, yet whether it might suffice ... no idea.
Still, any viable method to make decals better visible would be awesome.

Top Bottom