Show me your money maker - The Fleet Carrier

You can manage your carrier's finances by setting tariffs and adjusting the buying and selling prices for commodities traded in it's market.

If this market exists independent of the pricing structure of the BGS, this has a huge potential for gold selling.

How could this be managed to prevent this?

You can manage your carrier's finances by setting tariffs and adjusting the buying and selling prices for commodities traded in it's market.

If this market exists independent of the pricing structure of the BGS, this has a huge potential for gold selling.

Surely, if you have enough money for a fleet carrier, you don't need any donations from other commanders. To avoid fleet carrier owners donating to noobs, they only have to make sure that the selling price isn't higher than the buying price, and that fleet carriers have a minimum distance between each other.

Gold selling is not a legitimate threat to ED. If you buy credits with real life currency, you are a flaming idiot.

there is certainly no need to let it impact major design decisions, as the games current design makes it a non factor.

A gold seller contracts with a player to have access to their FC. Access the FC is controlled by the seller. The transaction for access is handled outside of the game.

The FC player sells an item well below the market value, and the purchasing player gets the cheap commodity and sells it at a BGS market for an insane player profit.

or

The FC player sells a basic commodity well above the market value, and the purchasing player gathers the commodity form a BGS market at a low price. Insane player profit.

The FC gold seller uses bots or cheap labor to gather commodities and fill the market. There are plenty of sweet spots to exploit, slaves, basic medicines,etc.

The in game actions do not appear to be illegitimate at all.

In a very short amount of time, a player raises enough credits through cash transaction to buy a Fleet Carrier.

One of the main reasons players will want to get in early on Fleet Carriers is that they'll be able to take advantage of the unintended exploits before they are nerfed.

It is what it is.
Yes, but it works the other way round too. Do you remember when engineering started in version 2.0. Some of us spent a lifetime collecting all the difficult materials to get that extra jump range, only to get "you lose" when you spun the roulette wheel. Those that waited had a much easier time. Then there was the Guardian blueprint saga too.

Doubt it would be like that unless the bgs is going away.

This would be a wonderful thing. FCs that could be attacked. I don't think it will come to pass though...
Whatever is fun will be manifested into reality. That is how game development works.

It's all about fun and no grind!

And everything.... NOW!

Disclaimer: Anything you buy, create or do in game can and will affect you and your credits. Don't fly a carrier without able to re-buy.

If i had to hazard a guess. (which i am normally wrong about these things)
Maybe Carrier import and export volume and price is determined by the natural resources of the system it is parked in.
System with many ringed planets may naturally export mining material and equipment, but demand food and basic living items.
The Carrier owner can then set a tariff on the primary export item as the BGS wants to buy these items quickly due to the low price and large quantity. This tax then brings in extra credits to pocket or support the carrier upkeep cost.
In addition the Carrier owner can make a % adjustment to the galactic average price of any item sold or bought on the carrier. perhaps plus or minus up to 10%.
Giving the Carrier a way to (undercut) any competitors in the same system.
Perhaps the carrier is parked really close to the primary star, so they can afford to increase prices due to short travel distance, or the flip side they are really far away and have to drop prices to lure in customers to travel the distance for a better deal.

I don't think you can stop it.
But you could give it low stock initially, so the seller has to stock it with gold, and make it so you can only set prices once per <period> meaning that price is available to all players, not just the person you're selling gold to.

Be not afraid.
In complete Elite fashion your FC market will be tied to the market of the system you are in.
Including all the states wich are going on.
Commodities will have a top and bottom sale price, wich you can set.
Be not afraid.
You really think FDev will introduce a gold farming situation? really?
No seriously... REALLY?

I'm not so sure it'll be as lucrative as people think. With several carriers in a system It'll turn out to be a race to the bottom..

Whatever is fun will be manifested into reality. That is how game development works.
I see you are new to gaming, but that's probably what people at SC thought.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy watching the utter burning mess of three-mode p2p instanced game introducing assets that can be destroyed in one of the parallel realities that is ED.

I see you are new to gaming, but that's probably what people at SC thought.

Not that I wouldn't enjoy watching the utter burning mess of three-mode p2p instanced game introducing assets that can be destroyed in one of the parallel realities that is ED.
Yes, we will pay to experience it. So.... it will happen. Either in ED or some other game.

Top Bottom