Show us your interesting discoveries!

Deleted member 166264

D
During my first trip to Beagle Point I came across this amonia world with some wierd air:
Weird air type.jpg

Deleted member 166264

D
Well I have more screenshots to show, but for some reason I keep getting an error message whenever I try to post them.

Last edited by a moderator:
K7 type III Orange Giant with two G class companions. What surprised me was the age. Not sure what would cause a K-class star to go off the main sequence at so young an age (2.7 billion years)

This aren't K stars at the beginning. This are B or O type stars leaving main sequence and going spectral class K. K is only the spectral type. It has nothing to do with being a completely different class of stars. Every B or O type star goes through the different spectral classes at the end of their "lives" ending by class M and being a M type super giant resulting in a supernova when having more than 8 solar masses. Then there remains a neutron star or even a black hole. When below 8 solar masses it will result in a white dwarf without supernova.

You can see this phenomena when looking at Betelgeuse. It was a B-type once and now it is a red supergiant of spectral class M.

Last edited:
Just found this last night. Not sure what the correct name is, I would guess "Quaternary"? In any case, it is the first one that I came across (if my memory serves me right) so the question to you is, how common/uncommon such a set is. All four bodies were High Metal Content Worlds and as you can see on the second image they were fairly close together as well.

Quarterny-Constellation_1.jpg

Quarterny-Constellation_2.jpg

Just found this last night. Not sure what the correct name is, I would guess "Quaternary"? In any case, it is the first one that I came across (if my memory serves me right) so the question to you is, how common/uncommon such a set is. All four bodies were High Metal Content Worlds and as you can see on the second image they were fairly close together as well.

View attachment 159748
View attachment 159749

I can't really recall seeing more than a triple so I would say getting into the very rare category.

This aren't K stars at the beginning. This are B or O type stars leaving main sequence and going spectral class K. K is only the spectral type. It has nothing to do with being a completely different class of stars. Every B or O type star goes through the different spectral classes at the end of their "lives" ending by class M and being a M type super giant resulting in a supernova when having more than 8 solar masses. Then there remains a neutron star or even a black hole. When below 8 solar masses it will result in a white dwarf without supernova.

You can see this phenomena when looking at Betelgeuse. It was a B-type once and now it is a red supergiant of spectral class M.
Thank you, good sir. This grey headed explorer is always in search of 'the answer', be it the sky, or whatever the Mrs told me to do today.

Okay, guys.. Does anybody know what the heck this is? I stumbled upon this within a stellar phenomena. I've never seen it before. I scanned it, but nothing happens. There's no entry in the codex. The only thing the codex recognized was the Lagrange cloud I'm in. Further I have strange signals on my radar which are jumping but when I look into the direction of the signals there is nothing. Maybe someone can answer this.

20200122171802_1.jpg

20200122171936_1.jpg

20200122171941_1.jpg

Okay, guys.. Does anybody know what the heck this is? I stumbled upon this within a stellar phenomena. I've never seen it before. I scanned it, but nothing happens. There's no entry in the codex. The only thing the codex recognized was the Lagrange cloud I'm in. Further I have strange signals on my radar which are jumping but when I look into the direction of the signals there is nothing. Maybe someone can answer this.

View attachment 159790

cool. maybe it's not organic? yeah nevermind, didnt realize you were showing the non-organic in the first screenshot

EDIT: found this in another sector :
54815797125029270.png

Last edited:
cool. maybe it's not organic?

Someone gave me the information that this could be silicate crystals which were in the organic category. Seems I've found it first. But don't know how the codex does recognize it as I cannot scan it.
I will try relogging. Maybe it will show up then.

Okay, relogging doesn't work. Are new codex entries only recognized when selling the data on a station or instant when making the discovery? There also seem to be ice crystals but there aren't detected by the codex neither.

Last edited:
Someone gave me the information that this could be silicate crystals which were in the organic category. Seems I've found it first. But don't know how the codex does recognize it as I cannot scan it.
I will try relogging. Maybe it will show up then.

Okay, relogging doesn't work. Are new codex entries only recognized when selling the data on a station or instant when making the discovery?

I think Codex entries are instant. I was gonna say maybe you need a research limpet, but if you cant even target it, then no.

I think Codex entries are instant. I was gonna say maybe you need a research limpet, but if you cant even target it, then no.

I can scan it with the composition scanner, so it is detected by the composition scanner but when scanning is finished there is no message from the codex.

I think what happens is, sometimes the Stellar Forge puts certain things down in the wrong region. I've seen people find Brain Trees in places they shouldn't exist, and because the codex isn't aware of there being any possibility of those things in that region, it simply can't recognise the discovery.

View attachment 159790

Some needle crystals that bounced really high?

Except that this is only 2 million years old which means it should be a very high mass (well over 20 solar masses, probably closer to 50 solar masses) O star to be a any kind of giant at that age, but the mass is only 1.79 solar masses (and no, it can't have lost 48 solar masses in such a short time). And O stars don't evolve into K III Giants anyway, they become M supergiants. And never mind the fact there are stable planets around it at that age too.

Hence my comment about Stellar Forge being 'drunk' - it's made another nonsensical system here.

Except that this is only 2 million years old which means it should be a very high mass (well over 20 solar masses, probably closer to 50 solar masses) O star to be a any kind of giant at that age, but the mass is only 1.79 solar masses (and no, it can't have lost 48 solar masses in such a short time). And O stars don't evolve into K III Giants anyway, they become M supergiants. And never mind the fact there are stable planets around it at that age too.

Hence my comment about Stellar Forge being 'drunk' - it's made another nonsensical system here.

This are billion years in the screenshot.

View attachment 159790

They are Albidium Slicate Crystals, bumped into a few types myself, quite common but as mentioned don't neessarily record correctly in the codex.

iuqqwNp.jpg

Oh, weird. I thought if it was billions of years old it'd actually say "2.734 billion years old", not say it's "2,734 million years". I mistook the comma for a decimal point.

OK, so if it's actually 2.7 billion years old and it's a K III giant then that means it should be around 1.5 solar masses according to the stellar evolution models I'm referencing. The stated mass is 1.7 solar masses but that's not too far off. Either way it's not unreasonable that it could start off as a late-A main sequence star that has evolved into a red giant by 2.7 billion years. So that's not that unlikely after all.

Top Bottom