Show us your interesting discoveries!

o7
ih2lnUn.png

Probably the closest Water world and moon pairing I have ever found.
rBwXBpd.jpg

Red Giant with smaller M class star and companion Class V Gas Giant. I love finding these Gas planets close up to their star. They are huge yet dwarfed by their parent bodies.
l6osKnE.png

Semi rare ringed Ammonia world.
Uu5OuIm.png

Twin Herbig stars with rather large landable body. Other stars are all T Tauri in various stages of their lifespan.
lF7p3UO.png

Notable Steller Phenomenon about 2700Ly from bubble.
Here I Believe:
Synuefe NP-C C1-1
Not showing on EDSM for some reason.
UXIzILz.png

Couple of Black hole systems, one posted in another thread.
A and M stars close by.
fC69RQn.png

Neutron and 2 red stars all within close range of the Black hole. I actually passed through the Neutron cone upon entering the system then hit the Black Hole exclusion zone.
flV2cjx.png

Another angle as I could not get them all in shot.
zalvOqq.png

Every planet of the L star is tf. And yes that are 3 ww.

Neutron stars are hot. And the quantity of EM radiation being chucked out by the stars appears to be the only thing that ED cares about for CFT rather than looking at quality as well.

If you've got enough coming in it doesn't matter whether it's mostly relatively benign IR/visible/UV or mostly X and Gamma rays, terraform away.

Neutron stars are hot. And the quantity of EM radiation being chucked out by the stars appears to be the only thing that ED cares about for CFT rather than looking at quality as well.

If you've got enough coming in it doesn't matter whether it's mostly relatively benign IR/visible/UV or mostly X and Gamma rays, terraform away.

Neutron stars are the strat. There is a way to estimate the distance of secondary stars to increase your odds, but if you visit a lot of NS's with weak secondaries, you'll probably get similar results.

0FQAdzg.png

Found an interesting icy body. Dubbed it Almost World Of Death as it gets very close to the parent star (Class M). When I approached the planet, it looked like the orbit would take it through the star, but closest it gets is around 1-2 Ls; from what I roughly eyeballed the distance.

Unfortunately, it seemed the planet was heading towards aphelion, so I couldn't observe the "fly-by" and it'll be couple more days before the next one. But it's bookmarked, so I can hopefully visit the system some other time.

6Q7tXdx.jpg

M2UlL4K.jpg
uI1OQs4.jpg

Closest approach would be 474,750 km, or 1.58 ls - but that's from the centre of the star, it's going to be a lot closer to the surface though! That would be interesting to see - possibly inside the safe zone?

Would probably be worth submitting that to the Galactic Mapping Project!

My plan is to head back there, land and stay on the surface while it swings by and see if it's anything special. I checked earlier today and the planet has indeed passed the aphelion and is now heading back towards the star.

This is an interesting find and it could come as close as skimming inside the safe zone of the M star.

Looking forward to seeing it at perihelion 🥵

Just a little update, for those interested..
I'm back at the Almost World Of Death. Currently 19.5Ls from the star, hurdling towards it at around 1Ls/2h. Although, I'd assume the speed picks up a little as the perihelion approaches. Kinda wish the planet was tidally locked, so I could just leave my ship there and check back later and not worry about ending up on the night side.

Notot46.jpg

Just a little update, for those interested..
I'm back at the Almost World Of Death. Currently 19.5Ls from the star, hurdling towards it at around 1Ls/2h. Although, I'd assume the speed picks up a little as the perihelion approaches. Kinda wish the planet was tidally locked, so I could just leave my ship there and check back later and not worry about ending up on the night side.

The speed picks up a lot as it gets closer to the star.

And you can't "tidally lock" a planet in such a wildly eccentric orbit, because rotation speed is constant and orbital speed is not. You could have such a planet with the same rotation period as orbital period, but the sun wouldn't stay in the one place - it would yo-yo back and forth over nearly 180 degrees of sky.

Probably would be best to dismiss your ship when it gets close and stay on the surface in the SRV, that seems to work on the actual Monde de la Mort!

Unusual trio of Black Hole, G class Supergiant and Neutron star.
pRXrGz3.png

Not sure of the record for small bodies but this system contained one of the smallest I have ever seen with a radius of 142km and all 8 moons of the ringed body were under 200km.
Hh5TykC.png

Black Hole with Neutron and F class star in close proximity when entering the system.
hwVws3G.png

A pair of close landable bodies give very good views of the Neutron and F star pairing.
BJ3aHrn.jpg

A slightly longer trip out takes you to another view of them and also includes a pair of class V gas giants.
ckkcJAN.jpg

Black Hole, Neutron pair and a third further out. The M class star and Y class arrangement is nice to see and system also has a large landable.
MDgwxIo.png

The Neutron pair can be seen from initial entry into the system.
LAO3Iu7.jpg

Same thing is happening with this one I found. An ELW and 4 TWW 22kls from a neutron star.
Hunts World.jpg
Hunts World.jpg

Top Bottom