Show us your interesting discoveries!

I don't know if it's "interesting" or even "rare" for ELWs but I found one tidally locked to its parent star... And the star was either M or a brown dwarf....

I'll post the system when I return from the black and if it's actually a rare and interesting thing lol

Not super rare, but rare enough to me, that I found this interesting last night. Only 4 bodies, with a sole neutron star, but also an ELW. I don't usually find ELWs with neutron stars unless it's around a secondary star.

I say "not super rare" since I think there are about 1600+ of these in EDSM. But it's rare enough to be a cool find.

System is already tagged and data sold. I mapped the ELW, but the other two planets are free for mapping.

2019-02-05%2000-02-32%20Preia%20Phrua%20JB-N%20d7-11.jpg

2019-02-05%2000-30-26%20Preia%20Phrua%20JB-N%20d7-11.jpg

Last edited:
This is an absolutely amazing thread I could look at it all day! Thanks so much to everyone for these amazing shots. The one I would like to share is a C Class Carbon Star I recently discovered and tagged. The system looks amazing from the deep ruby red C Star, to the close landable planet (within 500 ls), which is also a few light seconds from a Class IV giant. In addition to these factors, the aspect of this system which struck me most was that it contained both a white dwarf and a neutron star. These were about 500 ls apart and both about 3300 ls from the main star. To my knowledge (based on EDSM) there has only been 6 systems containing C stars that have also contained a white dwarf. There have been none recorded which have contained a neutron star. As this contained both I felt it was a rather unique system and was quite pleased when I could capture all the stars in a single shot!

A1328D53-8744-41E3-B342-6C2A1AEEF081.jpeg

B82E1697-3F35-4C62-868A-090AA0616BFB.jpeg

I've found a few neat things in my travels! I hit elite way long ago, but now i'm just going out for the sights.

I think my most unique thing i've found is this water world with a persistent dice face, Petica. (Byeia Aed WU-X d1-15)
cYy6cWjl.png

Another quite odd, unusual discovery i've made is a tiny, non-planetary nebula in the galactic core, but without any star in it!
It's the Scirocco Void, and one of the closest stars is at Oudaitt NH-L d8-326.
vXZZVXP.png

My most valuable system is Ripley Harbor, (Blia Eurk HQ-G d10-78) with one Earth-like and SIX water worlds, several being terraformable. (sadly only have this low res pic now)
cIpz1lK.png

I've also found LOTS of geyser sites, before the surface scanner... very glad i don't do that now.
The most interesting one i found though must be Necropolis Chasm, a field of large, inactive fumaroles nestled underneath a large cliff, making the area covered in darkness a lot of the time. Spooky..
Pyraniae XA-V c16-3 2 b a

3cJGuPs.png

This system was a real jolt last night. I've gotten used to occasionally jumping into a system right through one of the stars, if there's a close binary. Usually they're glancing blows, but this one put me right squarely through the center of the A-class star. It's been a long time since one of these has made me nearly jump out of my seat. :)

The primary is a Neutron Star, with an A-class in close binary. Another pair of stars are further away, but all of the planets orbit all four of them.

I jumped back to it from the opposite direction, which placed me directly in the ejection cones! I received the "Fuel scooping disengaged" message while supercharging the FSD too. So this system can surprise you, both coming and going, regardless of your approach angle.

The moons are actually fairly scenic too. I only landed on the first of them, orbiting a Class-IV gas giant. It has some minor volcanism, but a nice "charred" appearance in places, as seen from high above.

Probably not worth of a GMP POI, but to me this is a great example of a system that really makes me smile, just because.

Eor Aowsy NI-T e3-6191

Photos:

2019-02-19%2002-17-46%20Eor%20Aowsy%20NI-T%20e3-6191.jpg

2019-02-19%2015-29-13%20Eor%20Aowsy%20NI-T%20e3-6191.jpg

2019-02-19%2002-28-17%20Eor%20Aowsy%20NI-T%20e3-6191.jpg

So found this system last night
LGTSMSF.png

Nothing particularly interesting about it from that, until I tell you that body AB 16 (the last gas giant in the first series of bodies) is a mere 196LS from system entry point. This is a shot from AB 8, looking at 6 and 7:

vegyi8G.png

So found this system last night

Nothing particularly interesting about it from that, until I tell you that body AB 16 (the last gas giant in the first series of bodies) is a mere 196LS from system entry point. This is a shot from AB 8, looking at 6 and 7:

Wow! Please do tell us where this system is once you've handed it in!

Now THAT is cool.

Last edited:
I already found some brown rocky icy planets but they all were plain brown. A few minutes ago I discovered one of them but with at least two different tones of brown.

Someone else did find something like that?

Here are some oddities that I discovered during my first 3 months of Elite.

20190328145312_1.jpg potatoshape!

20190325202926_1.jpg Beautiful unexplored system, 7 stars in color and range, no planets.

20190324002603_1.jpg fuel scooping while landing

20190316121109_1.jpg eggshaped gas giant

20190327225722_1.jpg gas giant orbiting an icy body! This has to be rare! Smallest gas giant, largest Icy body.

20190312230152_1.jpg Beautiful newly discovered ringed Earthlike near a Blue Hole. (black hole in a mini nebula)

20190309234315_1.jpg the closest planets I've found so far

20190308134426_1.jpg another very close pair

2019-03-07.png triple orbit planets

Last edited:
Seems like a long time since I posted anyhting on here so are a few more points of interest.

Black Hole and accompanying Neutron star plus 2 more.
System also includes Earth like and a Water world moon,

4EqtS2J.png

The Landable moon is about 68-70ls from the Neutron star and gives decent views of it

FJ4h3bP.png

Black hole and 4 Neutrons with a pair very close to Black Hole as you enter the system.

wRljXXT.png

EIat132.png

Lastly, Black Hole and further into the system a brace of White Dwarfs close to a M class star.

fIEWkbU.png

HiD7d4Q.png

Slowly creeping towards Beagle once more.

Seems like a long time since I posted anyhting on here so are a few more points of interest.

Black Hole and accompanying Neutron star plus 2 more.
System also includes Earth like and a Water world moon,

4EqtS2J.png

The Landable moon is about 68-70ls from the Neutron star and gives decent views of it

FJ4h3bP.png

Black hole and 4 Neutrons with a pair very close to Black Hole as you enter the system.

wRljXXT.png

EIat132.png

Lastly, Black Hole and further into the system a brace of White Dwarfs close to a M class star.

fIEWkbU.png

HiD7d4Q.png

Slowly creeping towards Beagle once more.
These are what makes exploration so ........ exciting !

Top Bottom