Show us your interesting discoveries!

I stumbled into this a couple of days ago, quite unusual. All the big boys came up on the radar without scanning, initially I thought someone else had been there.

Found a planet which might play in the league for "the hottest landable bodies WITH bio signals". It orbits an A class supergiant in a system of three stars (the other 2 being B class). It comes in at a good 1,697 K, making it the hottest planet I personally landed on.
I pulled over to the night side to enjoy the view on the Milky Way from there. Once I landed, I was greeted with those:

Yup, bio luminescent Rubeum anemones. I normally find them on planets with temperatures ranging between 700-800 K (2 other planets in this system are in this range and also have the Rubeum anemones), but didn't expect to find that sort of anemones here. This makes it the hottest planet with bio signals (for me at least).

One day and some jumps later I came into this Neutron Star system.

2 Neutron stars, 1 White Dwarf, 2 K stars and a G star with some planets, including one terraformable WW

At the end of the jump I came out right between star A (Neutron Star 1) and B (K star 1). I didn't remember the distances between the first five stars, just that the planets are 420 kls away from the jump in point and that the stars A to E are kind of close together.

Came out right between A and B. Stars D and E in the background seem like a blind copy of this pair.

... The also close White Dwarf C. The pale dot on the right of C is the G star with the system's planets.

Went -1140Ly down from the galactic plane to discover a red giant. Good challenge when you're in Xibalba. ;)

elite-124-lonelyredgiant.jpg
A lone red giant (click to enlarge)

Gonna need to replenish my Arsenic...

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything of particular interest in the region during my stay so far, so I'm gonna head back out of Xibalba.

Gorgeous! :)

I'm having somewhat bad luck at the moment, found only a single ELW for the last ~700 jumps through Kepler's Crest. No rings either. Seen only one ringed ELW in over 10.000 systems by now.

Not exactly a discovery; Call this one "Up, Up, and Away". I was in a previously discovered system and found a body left unexplored / mapped, so I made the effort. It was one of those rocky ice planets with Geo POIs, which I visited after mapping. I've seen water geysers before, but this planet had one in particular that seemed most violent. So, of course, I got stupid. I got a good running start in my SRV and tried to see if I could blast 'through' the geyser. Ha.

Up, Up, and Away.....
XgqhWYm.png

I was thrown over 4km up, tumbling like mad, and an unknown number of km out and away. It was quite disconcerting to have my ship dismiss and pass me by on the tumble up. The landing was not pretty, and I'm quite surprised I survived... repairs were required. I'll not be doing this again any time soon, especially out in the black carrying all that exploration data. :rolleyes:

I found an icy body orbiting a ringed gas giant which was so close to the giant's rings, they were inside the icy body's atmosphere (the blue boundary marker). Movement of the giant's rings was quite fast also, which made for a pretty awesome looking sight to sit there and watch. The system was previously discovered, but none of the bodies were mapped. There were 3 metal/rocky bodies with Geo POIs, plus the icy body which also had Geo POIs. I mapped them all and visited the POIs.
INk6lsL.jpg

I found an icy body orbiting a ringed gas giant which was so close to the giant's rings, they were inside the icy body's atmosphere (the blue boundary marker). Movement of the giant's rings was quite fast also, which made for a pretty awesome looking sight to sit there and watch. The system was previously discovered, but none of the bodies were mapped. There were 3 metal/rocky bodies with Geo POIs, plus the icy body which also had Geo POIs. I mapped them all and visited the POIs.
INk6lsL.jpg
That's a nice find! I came across binary planets yesterday nearly touching the rings of the gas giant they were orbiting. They were close but not that close.

In addition; Because I'd parked there while having dinner; Upon liftoff, jumping into SC and heading straight up for the rings, I dropped out of SC at around 215km ... still well within OC.

Because inquiring minds like to know this stuff.

OK, forget the 1,697 K I posted here last time, this one is a tad bit hotter:
The system EUDAISYS AF-A E2 in the Izanami region consists of 5 main stars (including 2 B class stars) with some planets. And the planet D1 is the one I want to mention here. It comes in at a mean temperature of moderate 1,803 K.

Yeah... I subsequently was greeted by...

Yes, bioluminescent Blatteum Anemones feel cozy at this temperatures... The hunt for even hotter planets with Bio signals (especially anemones) goes on!
And I don't want to forget that 4 more planets/moons (ABC1A, ABC1BA, D2, E1A) have bio signals as well. The ABC1 moons both have Luteolum Anemones, the other two planets will be checked out later today. But I suspect the Bioluminiscent Blatteum anemones to be found there as well (both D2 and E1A have temperatures well over 1,000 K, but E1A is a moon with just 0.2 g)...
And the system is a good choice if you are in that area and want to refill on some (but not all) Jumponium and AFMU mats, especially Arsenic, Niobium and Ruthenium can be found there in large amounts.

Last edited:
Staying in system Alnitak (~730 ly from Sol) since two days and I must say this system is really special! There is a tourist attraction related with massively ringed red dwarf. The whole system is like hand placed and decorated, really...
I dropped on a planet 8A there was oddly yellow colored single hill on a flatlands and a crater with structure-like feature in the center remidning of Numbian pyramid! Never seen anything like it. Very steep and non accesible on wheels, srv loses momenttum somewhere near the middile.

v8lFFfR.jpg

ZXrYLsB.jpg

pCIr4yP.jpg

Staying in system Alnitak (~730 ly from Sol) since two days and I must say this system is really special! There is a tourist attraction related with massively ringed red dwarf. The whole system is like hand placed and decorated, really...
I dropped on a planet 8A there was oddly yellow colored single hill on a flatlands and a crater with structure-like feature in the center remidning of Numbian pyramid! Never seen anything like it. Very steep and non accesible on wheels, srv loses momenttum somewhere near the middile.

v8lFFfR.jpg

ZXrYLsB.jpg

pCIr4yP.jpg
Monolith!
That last pic makes me want to pop some shrooms and crank up space/desert rock 🍄:alien:

Top Bottom