sidewinder fighters

In the official description for the anaconda can have a fighter of equal size to a sidewinder. So that begs the question, why can't we have sidewinders as fighters? It would be amazing to have a fully customized sidewinder as a fighter. I believe that many CMDR's would rejoice at the news of this feature.
this would solve that shuttle issue that pops up from time to time.

Here are some things we should have related to fighters.

1. Customizable fighters
2. Sidewinder and eagle fighters
3. The tapain in CQC
4. Tiny hardpoints

Tiny hardpoints would be 1t, not able to hold railguns, plasma accelerators, etc. Just multicannons and pulse/burst/beam lasers.

Hey if we the community demand it, then they will probably do it.
Given the SLF mechanics, I doubt it - FD would have to implement new mechanics for this and it really does lack a good reason to allow it.

This is not the first time this discussion has been raised, FD responded in effect with the SLF mechanics.

DDastardly00

D
I would love to have a Sidewinder as an SLF, would give me a reason to buy one again.

Sidewinders and eagles are the smallest ships that are built with FTL travel in mind. Sidewinders probably sacrifice a lot of capabilities just so they could house an FSD. You could theoretically stuff a single sidewinder into the fighter bay, but it would be kinda pointless because fighters need a mothership to travel, sidewinders don't.

You'll also be limited to a single sidewinder, compared to having 8-16 fighters. I think that fighters are modular and are stored on the mothership in compact pieces. That is why it takes time to assemble another fighter every time you lose one. Sidewinders aren't built for that. They'd have to redesign the whole ship, but I don't think it would be a sidewinder anymore.

Last edited:
I've been asking for a long time for a docking bay that allowed me to carry my small ships inside my large ships. This would completely remove the need for the fleet carriers for me.

I've been asking for a long time for a docking bay that allowed me to carry my small ships inside my large ships. This would completely remove the need for the fleet carriers for me.
And then if a ganker blows up your large ship you'll have to pay the rebuy for all of your ships at once. Yes, that'd be wonderful.

I would still like the ability to fully customize my SLFs. What if I want a pulse laser and a multicannon on one? nope, not happening lol
There is quite a wide range of SLFs, while none have asymmetric weapon loadouts there are a few that have absolute damage weapons.

I kind of agree that it would perhaps be nice to be able to have more control over their loadouts but they are pretty well balanced against each other.

Being able to use at least the CQC loadouts in the main game would go a long way. And it would revive CQC, since you'd still need to unloack the loadouts there. Of course the CQC haters who would like to see it gone altogether would be up in arms about that. Still it would be less unbalancing than full control over loadout and possibly even engineering.

Being able to use at least the CQC loadouts in the main game would go a long way. And it would revive CQC, since you'd still need to unloack the loadouts there. Of course the CQC haters who would like to see it gone altogether would be up in arms about that. Still it would be less unbalancing than full control over loadout and possibly even engineering.
I disagree with locking main-environment loadouts behind CQC - Either unlocked for everyone or no-one in the main-environment. CQC participation should only provide cosmetic gains to the main-environment - nothing tangible (exc. the credits that can be earned - that is not unreasonable).

There already is a permit to a system with pretty nice ship discounts that can only be gained through CQC. I like everything that ties CQC more in with the main game, especially after it is no longer being sold standalone. Love the child I say :D

Top Bottom