Signs of human life out in the black?

So I recently stumbled upon this old gem the Hyponia Horizon Mission and I was really intrigued at the fact that they found what appeared to be crashed nav beacons and even an NPC system defense ship roughly 14kly from the nearest starport and its got me wondering if this is something that can just happen anywhere or perhaps it means something else.

I also just arrived yesterday evening at the location in question and while I did spot a crashed nav beacon there was no signs of this NPC ship even after I scoured the planet C3 in Wembaei RJ-O d7-24 for a good few hours by SRV and fighter, I should also add that it appears people have reported more frequent sightings of said crashed objects on the upper side of the Hyponia permit locked region but I have yet to confirm or deny if this is just mere coincidence or something else.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has more information regarding these things spawning way out in the black, like is it just something that happens or perhaps only under certain conditions? Our faction leader did encounter an NPC ship in the Formidine like the one Cmdr Arhat found in Wembaei RJ-O d7-24 so I really want to know if this could possibly mean something or its just someone at Fdevs forgetting to not let these things spawn way out in the black.

So I recently stumbled upon this old gem the Hyponia Horizon Mission and I was really intrigued at the fact that they found what appeared to be crashed nav beacons and even an NPC system defense ship roughly 14kly from the nearest starport and its got me wondering if this is something that can just happen anywhere or perhaps it means something else.

There is a small chance of a proceduraly generated encounter out in the black, I have had the occasional one, but the further from civilisation you get the less likely they are, so it doesn't surprise me you never encountered one, they are very rare. Crashed nav beacons can appear anywhere, they certainly don't appear to any discernible pattern apart from being rarer the further out you are.

There is a small chance of a proceduraly generated encounter out in the black, I have had the occasional one, but the further from civilisation you get the less likely they are, so it doesn't surprise me you never encountered one, they are very rare. Crashed nav beacons can appear anywhere, they certainly don't appear to any discernible pattern apart from being rarer the further out you are.
I will admit that is a bit disappointing doesn't really make much sense we should be able to find these things out in the black but from other threads I'm reading as well it does appear to be a somewhat common occurrence, the only one I've noticed to be proper rare is the NPC ship it appears there is a cut off of around 5-10kly from other reports I've gathered but I personally have yet to see one reported beyond that distance so perhaps this raises the question of either A is there some unknown civilization nearby or B does the rarity get higher and higher the further out making it almost one in a million. I'm leaning towards B as you've also mentioned it does appear these things get rarer the further out you get but the only way we can truly prove this is just by finding more NPC ships out in the black! Preferably over 10kly from any known civilization

Deleted member 38366

D
Back in the very old days, NPCs were flying all around uninhabited Systems.
On top, many of those NPCs were attacking Explorers non-stop, making the whole thing an extremely annoying ordeal.
This eventually got patched out.

When Horizons hit, there were all types of planetary POIs everywhere.
You literally could land the Ship, deploy the SRV and realize you dropped right into yet another trash pile of POI Cargo Canisters - or see Buildings that had spawned out of nowhere.
As this happened everywhere in the Galaxy and was completely ridiculous, it got patched out as well.

Either way, don't ever make anything out of ProcGen/RNG POIs you find far out in the black. A single instance reset or relog and they're gone again. RNG.

the only one I've noticed to be proper rare is the NPC ship it appears there is a cut off of around 5-10kly from other reports I've gathered but I personally have yet to see one reported beyond that distance so perhaps this raises the question of either A is there some unknown civilization nearby or B does the rarity get higher and higher the further out making it almost one in a million.

There's a POI bubble around civilised space, the Colonia Highway and Colonia itself that extends for around 2.5kly where it's much more likely to encounter surface POI and NPC ships, it drops off dramatically after that but it never quite gets to zero, but for an individual player it may as well be, chances are very small.

I recall finding a few escape pods about 18000ly from bubble a while back and the occasional nav beacon but nothing else. Sadly this is another neglected feature which will no doubt remain half baked.
For now the galactic Easter egg hunt revolves around astronomical sights but I do wish Fdev would put some time into diversifying this area.

A few days ago I ran across this Eagle (out in the Formidine Rift), Pirates of HIP-something-or-another, which was over 17+kly from its home. I had set down on this 2.something g body and was SRV'ing about when I found it. I almost always run across something on high-g bodies.
NImfFdN.jpg

A short while after finding the Eagle, I discovered why it was there... another crashed ship nearby.
yELvXol.jpg

As someone in our IGAU group suggested, maybe it was out there burying its Pirate's treasure? :ROFLMAO:

A few days ago I ran across this Eagle (out in the Formidine Rift), Pirates of HIP-something-or-another, which was over 17+kly from its home. I had set down on this 2.something g body and was SRV'ing about when I found it. I almost always run across something on high-g bodies.
NImfFdN.jpg

A short while after finding the Eagle, I discovered why it was there... another crashed ship nearby.
yELvXol.jpg

As someone in our IGAU group suggested, maybe it was out there burying its Pirate's treasure? :ROFLMAO:
Thats really cool!

NPCs are weird. Example: You into a hotspot to mine at oh IDK, BP, let's say for Tritium for a carrier. Seconds latter, a pirate drops in on you.....

How and why that pirate got there, we'll never know....

Any old-timers out there that remember "the good ol' days" at Horizons launch, when you could be driving your SRV on a desolate moon thousands of LYs from inhabited space, and continually stumble upon caches of... tea?

Tea, littering the universe: proof that, long ago, the British did indeed conquer the galaxy.

Any old-timers out there that remember "the good ol' days" at Horizons launch, when you could be driving your SRV on a desolate moon thousands of LYs from inhabited space, and continually stumble upon caches of... tea?

Tea, littering the universe: proof that, long ago, the British did indeed conquer the galaxy.

Now that's my kind of galaxy! Milk no sugar please (y)

Top Bottom