Guide / Tutorial Simple Guide to RES [Resource Extraction Site] Bounty Hunting

The ZH bonuses for normal RES farming are presently 50% for ranks 2,3 and 4; and 100% for rank 5 so that a 100,000 bounty becomes 150,000 or 200,000. There's something different when you're interdicted in control systems. I've noticed that a 400 cr bounty becomes 1,600 when I claim it. I'm level 5.

Just to update what I wrote before and in a thread about using powerplay to make a lot of money, I went for level 5 for 4 weeks to see how much I could make. My basic bounties were 900 million, but I got an extra 900 million from ZH, which doubled it to 1.8 billion. That includes the cost of buying fast-tracked intel and reinforcement supplies and the 50 million per week salary. All the sums are here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=228210

Last edited:
You are lucky then. I was also a "victim" to double double bounties, I've noticed that when my friends told me they can't even get that many credits as I get from BH at Rating 5. Since 2.0 it should be like in my table in #1 post, if it's different then something haven't updated on your side ;)

PowerBonus at Rating 5
Arissa Lavigny-Duval120% in Controlled and Exploited systems
Zachary Hudson100%
Archon Delaine100%

The last of your three points I quoted is correct, however, since Controlled & Exploited systems are the same for bonuses.
I always tell people to hunt in Controlled systems, because this helps decrease that system CC upkeep ;)

Last edited:
I'm just damn tired of boring trading, I make about 1,2million per 15min trip (almost 5 mill per hour) with the Python but it is so damn boring that I am questioning why the hell do I want to make credits if I am not enjoying the play time. Iam going to forget the anaconda and do something fun. I will try fitting the python for BH and follow this guide. See if I can finally get into the whole fighting thing. Thanks for sharing!

I'm just damn tired of boring trading, I make about 1,2million per 15min trip (almost 5 mill per hour) with the Python but it is so damn boring that I am questioning why the hell do I want to make credits if I am not enjoying the play time. Iam going to forget the anaconda and do something fun. I will try fitting the python for BH and follow this guide. See if I can finally get into the whole fighting thing. Thanks for sharing!

Well I tried medium RES site yesterday, it was all going well, lot of fun with mixed type of ships, until I had to relog and got a conda with 2 wings. Waited for security ships to engage, took the two wings out, but meanwhile conda vaporised the two security ships and not much after that she got me as well, could not prevent it my B7 shields went down quickly and hull was cracked in seconds. 3million rebuy and lost all the bounties I had gathered (about 0.5 mill). So next week will buy a Vulture (A-grade everything) and have fun with it, at least rebuy will be cheaper if I get blown to pieces. So far I had a lot of fun, but seems the python unless I save enough for the A class power distributor is a no go.

I apologize for my bad English . Could you name a few systems with RES, belonging to the Empire ?
Where convenient hunts
Thank you

I bounty hunt in the hazardous recource site in DAIBO the resource site near DAIBO 7 is 270 ls from the station there:)

GienKoV,

thanks for your efforts. Helpful guide. Can you suggest a reference for players to improve their combat skill?

Flying in the dark is actually not as risky as people make it sound. In the info tab, you will see a red IMPACT if you are flying towards something, when you see this warning you have plenty of time to react.

Wow thats brutal.....after patch its nto about credits anymore lol....

I have no real frame of reference, admittedly. I took a very long break from this game, which was exacerbated by a trip overseas. I came back a few days ago, traded up to a Viper MkIV, and I've been hanging out in Kremainn ever since.

I'm getting bounties of up to 200,000cr a pop on some of the Anacondas and Pythons, and five-figure sums on smaller craft. I have no idea if that's good compared to how it used to be, but I'm fairly pleased so far.

I'm getting bounties of up to 200,000cr a pop on some of the Anacondas and Pythons, and five-figure sums on smaller craft. I have no idea if that's good compared to how it used to be, but I'm fairly pleased so far.

Wait are we on the same page? Haha you actually killing pythons and anacondas in this new patch with a viper in HRES by yourself? I mean before patch yeah, but now kinda hard to believe. Is anyone else poping big ships like its out of shape with small ships in this enginners patch lol?

Wait are we on the same page? Haha you actually killing pythons and anacondas in this new patch with a viper in HRES by yourself? I mean before patch yeah, but now kinda hard to believe. Is anyone else poping big ships like its out of shape with small ships in this enginners patch lol?

Oh no. I'm not confident enough with the new ships yet. I'll normally wait for friendly NPCs to pile in, and then engage. I've been popped a few times when I was engaged too far out from backup. I think I've lost 3 or 4 ships since I started up again. Mostly just relearning.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Also playing on Mac, if that makes a difference. My understanding is that we won't get Horizons any time soon, but I'm still overseas and the MacBook is all I have to work with. I've been hit with some unusually powerful hardware, though. My shields just melted off a time or two before I could really even react. That's been a little less of a problem after I swapped the Class 3 shield for a Class 4, but I still end up in hull almost every time I go out for an extended period.

Thank you for the Guide! Just outside of Nanomam I am averaging 1.5 million an hour, in a High RES. Large ships are giving me 70 to 200k a kill, including Warrant Scan. Mind you, I am not rank 2 in Hudson's faction until next round.

Using a vulture with local fed ships to weaken.

Pythons and FGS/FAS have a tendency to drop silver and gold canisters as well.

Anyone else think this grind will be effected by 2.2? With the support fighters.

Last edited:
Well you may expect to meet fighters when encountering Dropships or Anacondas as only they can carry them. Unless Frontier decide to include new pirate ships, Keelback maybe?

I used this guide to help gain some credits as I was getting constantly killed trying missions. Worked very well up until recently (9/12/16 through 9/20/16 today). Now it seems that very few ships appear in the High Res zones at all let alone the large ones. I have gone out and re-entered, switched play modes from solo to group, and tried different High Res zones with no change. It seems Frontier decided to end the ability to earn the much needed cash using this technique. Too bad as it was much more successful than even the trade routes (not missions) which run a distant second. I have never seen 20-30 million credits an hour as gets thrown around but there were more and a better mix of ships. Now I might get 2 million in 3 hours. There just are no ships showing up.

I thought I hit on a plan when I bought a Sidewinder to deal with a bounty I had. Turned out it was actually a credit bounty but I wasn't sure at the time. I thought I would try the Sidewinder in a High Res zone as I was not going to pick a fight by myself. That was the last time (9/12/16) I had a decent spawn rate for ships. I got back to my Vulture and noticed not many ships were spawning. I kept that up until last night (9/19/16). I then thought it might be hinged on the type ship I was using so I bought an Eagle. Same result. Almost no spawns of ships and nothing larger than a Federal Assault or Imperial (Eagle)?

I have tried this is two different systems one having major reserves and the one I'm in now Pristine reserves. It seems it has been changed.

Last edited:
I used this guide to help gain some credits as I was getting constantly killed trying missions. Worked very well up until recently (9/12/16 through 9/20/16 today). Now it seems that very few ships appear in the High Res zones at all let alone the large ones. I have gone out and re-entered, switched play modes from solo to group, and tried different High Res zones with no change. It seems Frontier decided to end the ability to earn the much needed cash using this technique. Too bad as it was much more successful than even the trade routes (not missions) which run a distant second. I have never seen 20-30 million credits an hour as gets thrown around but there were more and a better mix of ships. Now I might get 2 million in 3 hours. There just are no ships showing up.

I thought I hit on a plan when I bought a Sidewinder to deal with a bounty I had. Turned out it was actually a credit bounty but I wasn't sure at the time. I thought I would try the Sidewinder in a High Res zone as I was not going to pick a fight by myself. That was the last time (9/12/16) I had a decent spawn rate for ships. I got back to my Vulture and noticed not many ships were spawning. I kept that up until last night (9/19/16). I then thought it might be hinged on the type ship I was using so I bought an Eagle. Same result. Almost no spawns of ships and nothing larger than a Federal Assault or Imperial (Eagle)?

I have tried this is two different systems one having major reserves and the one I'm in now Pristine reserves. It seems it has been changed.

As you mentioned above I am not able to get more than 4-5 million in 2 hours, something is changed and different than explained here. is there any update how to make more money (I am ok 10 mil. for 1 hour) - I have Fer de Lance with fully upgraded as well.

Thanks very much for the tutorial btw it was very helpfull for me to understand basics as I just started playing 2 weeks ago. good place to know best hunting locations,

Cheers - CMDR ELLERIMKIRLI

Same here. It's been increasingly frustrating trying to playing this game. I can make around a million to almost two million credits an hour, but I really don't want to have to grind for 70-80 hours to get a ship good enough to exponentially increase my earnings. I'm willing to work for it, but Elite Dangerous is difficult to play straight for a long time. There's got to be a better way.

Top Bottom