Simple question about VR

So just how many AAA studios are in the process of milking this cow?

Even Valve (who make their own headset) are not rushing out titles to run on it...
That's actually why the VR market has stagnated so much, too.

There are very few in-demand AAA titles available for VR, most of them are indie studio rubbish that look like mid-90's polygon graphic projects. If they can manage to get some AAA developers on board, develop some REALLY good titles that don't amount to simplistic virtual shooting galleries, we might actually see VR take off.

TBH that's also why I haven't upgraded beyond a Lenovo Explorer.... why sink upwards of 1K+ in hardware I'll use very rarely?

TBH that's also why I haven't upgraded beyond a Lenovo Explorer.... why sink upwards of 1K+ in hardware I'll use very rarely?
I've enough 'niche' VR games to keep me amused with my Index... Plus, of course, EDO is better in VR than EDH for the same content. (Yes, my PC has the grunt to play, although I wouldn't complain at all if the next update made significant progress in optimisation)

I don't know how it works tbh. I don't care too much about social networks but there's definitely something odd about it. But I've noticed a lot of new VR development following this new social.

Gotcha. I saw some story about it on the BBC tech show last year, but tbh it just looked like people having meetings in vr. Not wanting to sound dismissive in the slightest, I just wondered if it was the same thing you were describing. Thanks mate.

Ps - any stuphz yet? ;)

OT: no I bought it on pre order.

OFFT: re metaverse there was an initial go at something a bit like this back in the early days of the net called “second life”. Was very weird.

Sony are a big games compnany? 🤷‍♂️

1 headset and 1 game.

giphy.gif

It is... And pretty alone out there too, wouldn't you agree?
Maybe if they didn't focus on making everything proprietary to their ecosystem, they wouldn't be so alone.

I'll bet they're still feeling the sting from Games for Windows/Xbox integration... ;)

Dunno about anyone else, but not having to buy my games twice for two different platforms is a huge boon.

Maybe if they didn't focus on making everything proprietary to their ecosystem, they wouldn't be so alone.

I'll bet they're still feeling the sting from Games for Windows/Xbox integration... ;)

Dunno about anyone else, but not having to buy my games twice for two different platforms is a huge boon.

I think they realised the error of their ways which is why they've spent the last couple of years porting exclusives over to PC. Shame Spiderman is unlikely to be one of them it's a solid game.

I think they realised the error of their ways which is why they've spent the last couple of years porting exclusives over to PC. Shame Spiderman is unlikely to be one of them it's a solid game.
There's quite a few games I'd love to see them port over, but I'm definitely not turning myself into a Smurf while waiting. Guess I'll just have to do without and they'll do without my money, too.

elite’s VR implementation was groundbreaking. It really made the game feel real for me.
I bought in on the Alpha so I got an automatic upgrade to Odyssey. But the lack of on foot VR was a real shame.
so I’m not really eager to play until VR is seamless.

Top Bottom