Guide / Tutorial Simple technique for manual docking at starports

Greetings Commanders

I would like to share with you my technique of landing at Starports without the use of the docking computer.
I decided to do a little youtube video after a decision with my friends on discord who where surprised when I mentioned never needing to use the DC on any of my ships.
So I am now passing this on for anyone that is interested in docking their ship manually.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kThOhAecYs

There are three horizontal lights at the rear of every Station which are positioned centre of the access opening.
When targeting the station, it targets the mid point, thus now giving two points of reference to align the ship.
Assuming the mouse pointer is centre of the ship (Height & width), this give a third reference for alignment.
By aligning all three reference points central, theoretically the ship should move into the station centre of the access corridor.

Take note of where your cockpit is (front or back of the ship) and allow clearance of the corridor before positioning to land on the pad.

Featured ships: Imp Clipper/Anaconda/Type 9 Heavy/Imp Cutter/Fed Corvette/Beluga Liner

Stay Safe
o7

Last edited:
Not all stations have the lights in a line, there are some where they are in a triangle, but most have the line arrangement.

Docking manually is cool I've never done anything else since days one of playing.

Nothing better than spinning around and landing on the pad in a t9

Top Bottom