Since a lot of people complain about the game not telling you of stuff happening, I thought I'd let you know the Federation lost a permit system

Comms chatter on Alliance Secret Intelligence lines confirms that the Federal Navy has been covertly dealing in illegal Slave Trade.

And??

I've seen imperial missions for hunting down and destroying innocent traders...... I should know, I was one of those targeted.

Every faction does questionable things which is why I steer clear of them, but now I've heard of something even more disturbing.
Word from sources I have in the federal side of things say that the Shadow navy are about to get involved, a federation faction extreme enough to use ANY measure to defend the federation from what they percieve as a threat.
What that actually means is anyones guess because they were chatting about it in local chat at Vega when I was picking up some slimweed earlier, and shut up very fast when they noticed me coming into dock...

Bill

<<got out very very fast in response... I aint taking any chances with those nutters about :eek:

And??

I've seen imperial missions for hunting down and destroying innocent traders...... I should know, I was one of those targeted.

Every faction does questionable things which is why I steer clear of them, but now I've heard of something even more disturbing.
Word from sources I have in the federal side of things say that the Shadow navy are about to get involved, a federation faction extreme enough to use ANY measure to defend the federation from what they percieve as a threat.
What that actually means is anyones guess because they were chatting about it in local chat at Vega when I was picking up some slimweed earlier, and shut up very fast when they noticed me coming into dock...

Bill

<<got out very very fast in response... I aint taking any chances with those nutters about :eek:

OOC: Just responding to Zadian there really... But you are really starting to sound like those dudes Salomé seemed to warn people about... the people who will do anything to have power and not care about the general populace...

This meta gameplay thing really doesn't do it for me when there is no substance in game gamplay effect. When a game is played on forums and sub reddits, it says a lot about the actual game itself...

This is just the commentary. The fight is absolutely taking place in the game right now, across just about all game activities.

This meta gameplay thing really doesn't do it for me when there is no substance in game gamplay effect. When a game is played on forums and sub reddits, it says a lot about the actual game itself...

It's actually great for those of us scheduled to work long shifts all weekend, I can at least keep up with the drama.

Rubbish on all these bills and taxes. Don't these people know there's an interesting video game war going on?

Cheers!

You know this thread just has it all. All the archetypes that make mankind a miserable animal.

1) We have the Alliance pig-dogs, mouthing words of peace, love, and justice, as they crush a free and happy people under the jackboot of their oppression and violence. We are going to blow you up "for your own good." And on the orders of our Thargoid Overlords.

2) Then we have the pig-dog sympathizers: While the Federation fights bravely for all of humanity against the Alien menace its gets knifed in the back while they cheer and sit on the sidelines.

3) And, the icing on this fecal cake: the War Profiteers (as exampled above) disguising their blood money as "trading" as they profit off the suffering of its poor victims - the loyal citizens of the Federation. Whining about how they want to "trade" (profit) but not get dirty in the process. Making bank on the suffering of others.

Where are the real men here? The defenders of justice and the rights and liberty of all men?
Why their all in Federation uniforms fighting the good fight for you.
Will you do your part?

OOC: Just responding to Zadian there really... …

Considering what Salomé uncovered, it might well be that the Alliance and the Federation just staged this Ross 128 incident to get poor souls to be used for the Aegis research.

OOC:
The Alliance players can be happy that they have no Navy Auxiliary ranks - 100% somebody would have posted an identical screenshot from the Alliance by now.

Considering what Salomé uncovered, it might well be that the Alliance and the Federation just staged this Ross 128 incident to get poor souls to be used for the Aegis research.

OOC:
The Alliance players can be happy that they have no Navy Auxiliary ranks - 100% somebody would have posted an identical screenshot from the Alliance by now.

Actually, thats true, but not because missions dont nake much sense.

The reason it was a blessing is that the Alliance has no profiteers, only players who really care about the Alliance.

On the bright side, it seems we managed to get some Federals to get a little more immersed in this. That should be a good thing long term.

Hopefully FD will not disappoint everyone by letting this go completely unnoticed. Even a tourist beacon would be a sign they care.

We are not "immersed". We are killing any AC assets we find. You will be defeated, you will not prevail. Death awaits you.

You have no idea what is coming your way. You picked on the wrong superpower. Now, any AC fancy showing up in open?

Field reports flowing in generally were very positive, previous hit systems recovered, others doing well.... until we got to a low population system almost 29 LY from Ross 128 and about the same from Sol, a quiet place, not often visited. Unfortunately, they were not safe from the Federation. Meanwhile, Alliance Combine increased their support in Ross 128, while the former ruler again lost...

It is clear from how this is playing out, that the Federation is no longer interested in reclaiming Ross 128 - it seems simply out for revenge, and will hurt Alliance citizens where they can. Knowing they have no foothold in Ross 128 in the face of local resistance, they are rampaging through Alliance space outside of the normal rules of war for reasons that can only be guessed at.

NoFedRule_plate_small_zpswhejdcke.png

So um, not that this has anything to do with me since I'm a Colonia citizen but... Why exactly hasn't Frontier said or done anything official about this yet? Changing the economy like the alliance wanted. Removing the need for a permit. Not even a no effort pithy paragraph on Galnet. This is pretty pathetic how poor Frontier is at being on top of this. I'm disappointed.

So um, not that this has anything to do with me since I'm a Colonia citizen but... Why exactly hasn't Frontier said or done anything official about this yet? Changing the economy like the alliance wanted. Removing the need for a permit. Not even a no effort pithy paragraph on Galnet. This is pretty pathetic how poor Frontier is at being on top of this. I'm disappointed.

Why should FD do anything?

Nearly all permit systems have changed hands away from the factions that issue the permit.

The only time anything ever needed changing with permit systems was when Phekda was given away to a player faction. This broke the permit, so FD removed it.

Field reports flowing in generally were very positive, previous hit systems recovered, others doing well.... until we got to a low population system almost 29 LY from Ross 128 and about the same from Sol, a quiet place, not often visited. Unfortunately, they were not safe from the Federation. Meanwhile, Alliance Combine increased their support in Ross 128, while the former ruler again lost...

It is clear from how this is playing out, that the Federation is no longer interested in reclaiming Ross 128 - it seems simply out for revenge, and will hurt Alliance citizens where they can. Knowing they have no foothold in Ross 128 in the face of local resistance, they are rampaging through Alliance space outside of the normal rules of war for reasons that can only be guessed at.

So you are upset because the Federation knows the basic rules of military strategy and the Alliance doesn't? :)

Wholesale slaughter of civilians is the basic military strategy of the feds in this battle.

This from the invaders!
How many systems have been crushed on your way to...where? Ross 128?
Hardly seems worth the bother. A "years work" for...what? To release criminals from a prison?
Guess this will go down as historys most expensive jailbreak - both in lives and money.
How common of you AEDC.

So you are upset because the Federation knows the basic rules of military strategy and the Alliance doesn't? :)

Not really, quite a bold claim to say we don't know the basic rules of military strategy - specially such simple Tzu strategy, the fact that it's small just means it's affected faster and more noticeable. It doesn't mean we don't understand it or act upon it. And in fairness we're making clear what we're seeing so we can engage the federation and community better. Just makes things more interesting.

Narrative aside, one thing I would like to point out in this thread that hasn't been said enough (although it is pretty clear) is that we're very glad the Federation has engaged us in this conflict, it would be dull if they hadn't. I would even go as far as saying that I even hoped more players (of all factions) would join this conflict instead of keeping to themselves farming credits. But perhaps I hoped too much, which is fair to say when there are no actual rewards for working for your faction like this and when there are no ingame indicators that this is going on other than a red dot turning into a green dot in a map full of dots.

So, a special thanks to all Federation players who are standing their ground and trying to kick us out of systems. You are making this game better. I just wish the instancing would allow us to have more open fights than it does, but alas....

So really, not upset, angry or anything of the sort. Just having fun with our Federal counterparts. All in good fun for real.

PS: @DukeIronHand We haven't been murdering civiilians. . . unlike the federation. So your rage over our "invasion" (mostly dealing with criminal elements, trading, exploring and diplomacy) compared to federal crimes seems to be disproportional.

Last edited:
This from the invaders!
How many systems have been crushed on your way to...where? Ross 128?
Hardly seems worth the bother. A "years work" for...what? To release criminals from a prison?
Guess this will go down as historys most expensive jailbreak - both in lives and money.
How common of you AEDC.

But now we have Hudson's e-mails.

Well you do know where the current active expansion is supposed to go don't you? Sol is probably god blocked unfortunately, but we shall see shortly.

Top Bottom