Since a lot of people complain about the game not telling you of stuff happening, I thought I'd let you know the Federation lost a permit system

This is awesome! As an alliance Pilot, where do I sign up for these kind of cooperative effort missions?

There's many Alliance groups pushing for the growth and expansion of their factions.

You can find our own page here and a list of other Alliance player factions in the right side of the Alliance subreddit.

In typical Alliance fashion, each group generally has their own ambitions and ethos, so with some patience you can probably find what suits your taste most.

You can find more about that here or here if you're a reddit user and you want to read our take on it.

This is a project that took over a year to reach fruition and thus I'd like more people to know about it. The system in question is Ross 128, the permit for which is acquired at the Ensign rank (Rank 7) of the Federal navy.

No hard feelings to the Federation, but at the absence of Alliance lore and the extreme tunnel visioning on Mahon, there will always be as much pressure to FD to deal with the achievements of our side.

Well done.

Congratulation.

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for helping Hudson! Feudal and Patronage in our exploited systems are actually VERY beneficial!

The Fed faction is still in system, the penal colony will still operate, the Federal Navy will most likely still keep the system under permit lock, unless the alliance navy can change that... oh... yeah... there is no alliance navy! :O

Last edited:
Thanks for helping Hudson! Feudal and Patronage in our exploited systems are actually VERY beneficial!

The Fed faction is still in system, the penal colony will still operate, the Federal Navy will most likely still keep the system under permit lock, unless the alliance navy can change that... oh... yeah... there is no alliance navy! :O

Now this kind of a hurt ego is what people expected!

Some notes regarding PP:

a) The area is contested, so you don't benefit from it regardless of its Fortification trigger.

b) The benefit of Feudals and Patronages is that the Fortification trigger halves if more than 50% of the systems are controlled by the beneficial government types. So we could spread around and never actually benefit Hudson.

c) It doesn't matter because it's not like Hudson is doing good in PP anyway. Not sure if you checked the rankings.

You might have a navy, but you seem to lack people willing to protect it.

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
No hurt ego here! The running joke about alliance navy and faction ships is something even you're own guys make!

As for rankings please, Hudson is doing quite well in PP. You should ask Martin, Steven, and others that participate and understand it. We've shed a LOT of negative CC systems. sadly, given how odd FDev's calculations are, that's the only reason we dropped in the rankings was shedding those. PP is stagnant, VERY stangnant at the moment. Until post 2.4 changes occur, you won't see much change to that. I mean, not any power can withstand and actually GAIN from a prolonged attack by FIVE powers at once (the Grumpire as they've lovingly come to be known). What's your CC been compared to prior to the big attack on the Alliance that the subsequent weaponized expansions you took against us? Oh yeah, it brought you down CC wise. Look at how you regained a few hundred of that... it was with our loss-makers that we shared that returned the alliance plenty of CC. Anyone that participates in PP knows the Rankings are meaningless the way they are implemented and calculated now. Having the largest system count means nothing in the end to strength. We've learned and adjusted to a leaner, more controlled power since.

While Ross 128 is contested many other systems are not, getting Feudals and Patronages into just increases the numbers there and with probably changes coming in post 2.4, who knows what changes that holds anyway in terms of strong against factions for those powers like Hudson and Aisling that are at a HUGE disadvantage.

As for lacking people, not sure you've seen the Fed Hordes, we outnumber all other powers for the most part (except ALD possibly). Unfortunately, given the lack of any communication in game, there is no way for them to even know stuff like this occurs.

The Alliance has no navy?

We don't have Alliance specific ship models in the game, it most certainly has a navy otherwise why would the feds and imps allow the Alliance to exist?

The core of the Alliance is the admiralty board... navy admirals.

Beside who need a navy if your opponents are so desperate for manpower the let any unknown stranger in there ranks with a few bribes and missions, allowing anyone easy access to there so called secured systems[big grin]

i had great fun RPing me bribing my butt of in Sol

Last edited:
jpz4duH.gif

Well... our apparently non-existing navy is giving out these for our dedication in freeing the political prisoners of ROSS 128.

No hurt ego here! The running joke about alliance navy and faction ships is something even you're own guys make!

As for rankings please, Hudson is doing quite well in PP. You should ask Martin, Steven, and others that participate and understand it. We've shed a LOT of negative CC systems. sadly, given how odd FDev's calculations are, that's the only reason we dropped in the rankings was shedding those. PP is stagnant, VERY stangnant at the moment. Until post 2.4 changes occur, you won't see much change to that. I mean, not any power can withstand and actually GAIN from a prolonged attack by FIVE powers at once (the Grumpire as they've lovingly come to be known). What's your CC been compared to prior to the big attack on the Alliance that the subsequent weaponized expansions you took against us? Oh yeah, it brought you down CC wise. Look at how you regained a few hundred of that... it was with our loss-makers that we shared that returned the alliance plenty of CC. Anyone that participates in PP knows the Rankings are meaningless the way they are implemented and calculated now. Having the largest system count means nothing in the end to strength. We've learned and adjusted to a leaner, more controlled power since.

While Ross 128 is contested many other systems are not, getting Feudals and Patronages into just increases the numbers there and with probably changes coming in post 2.4, who knows what changes that holds anyway in terms of strong against factions for those powers like Hudson and Aisling that are at a HUGE disadvantage.

As for lacking people, not sure you've seen the Fed Hordes, we outnumber all other powers for the most part (except ALD possibly). Unfortunately, given the lack of any communication in game, there is no way for them to even know stuff like this occurs.

I understand PP quite well. Doing "well" and doing "better" are different arguments altogether.

Other than that. No, we don't plan on reducing Hudson triggers of systems that are actually in threat of being lost.

If anything, I admire your optimism that 2.4 is going to actually address the PP problem. Wouldn't even be mad if Mahon stopped being painted as a corporate puppet with his finance ethos. You can have a couple lower free triggers if that happens, no problem.

Anyway, I won't go into much detail, but you very much know that Mahon's CC mostly got damaged due to a 5C campaign going on at the same time of your assault. So unless you want to actually take responsibility for it, don't gloat about its effects.

And back to the BGS: You can have lower triggers if you accept being green, no hassle.

Interesting, this must be the only instance of a permit system being flipped, is it not? I wonder if that's an oversight, or if they deliberately allowed it in this instance?

Interesting, this must be the only instance of a permit system being flipped, is it not? I wonder if that's an oversight, or if they deliberately allowed it in this instance?

Second of permit systems in total, first instance of a permit system related to the Navy ranks. The first permit system flipped was Phekda, which has now had its permit requirement revoked.

From our understanding, all permit systems are fair game, except the 3 Capitals which seems to be immune to being expanded into.

Which is sad, because Ross 128 is only 11 LY away from Sol.

Then help us spread even further, Hudson will benefit from it greatly.

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
No changes will come 2.4, POST 2.4 with core gameplay however.

As for improved CC, you may want to check with your PP leaders on what systems we lost in 3303, a LOT that returned considerable CC to Mahon. Not sure on the animosity with the Feds still, we've tried to improve relations, but guess some of you are still harboring a deep hatred. I mean, we both share leaders that people claim are corporate shills! :p [heart]

Also, I can name off quite a few weaponized expansions you did against us, that added a handful of negative CC to you guys, and that, were lost in our strategically planned 'diet', but as said this is a BGS thread (although BGS is getting more and more involved in PP as most powers not use BGS to improve triggers, some where more than HALF of their controls are now half-triggers).

Second of permit systems in total, first instance of a permit system related to the Navy ranks. The first permit system flipped was Phekda, which has now had its permit requirement revoked.

From our understanding, all permit systems are fair game, except the 3 Capitals which seems to be immune to being expanded into.

Which is sad, because Ross 128 is only 11 LY away from Sol.

Ah, I didn't know about Phekda. I wonder if this means that Ross will have its permit requirement revoked as well?

In all honesty, we had a clue from Phekda and decided to test to see if the Federation would notice the change at all before we took the system.
We were also interested in seeing if FDev indeed even tracked these things, or cared in any way about the major component of E D that is the background simulation...

So far, both failed to surprise me by not happening.

Last edited:
No changes will come 2.4, POST 2.4 with core gameplay however.

As for improved CC, you may want to check with your PP leaders on what systems we lost in 3303, a LOT that returned considerable CC to Mahon. Not sure on the animosity with the Feds still, we've tried to improve relations, but guess some of you are still harboring a deep hatred. I mean, we both share leaders that people claim are corporate shills! :p [heart]

Also, I can name off quite a few weaponized expansions you did against us, that added a handful of negative CC to you guys, and that, were lost in our strategically planned 'diet', but as said this is a BGS thread (although BGS is getting more and more involved in PP as most powers not use BGS to improve triggers, some where more than HALF of their controls are now half-triggers).

Well, maybe you shouldn't have broken people's trust to begin with.

The AEDC were the ones who cemented the initial non-aggression pact. The Feds were the ones who broke it. The Alliance is diverse and everyone gives the benefit of the doubt at first, but not everyone forgives.

Anyway, not exactly animosity. More like natural story progression, a nice challenge to set upon ourselves and the BGS has to flow.

And all the political prisoners going back home will make for some happy families. Little Timmy will have their daddy back.

Last edited:
In all honesty, we had a clue from Phekda and decided to test to see if the Federation would notice the change at all before we took the system.
We were also interested in seeing if FDev indeed even tracked these things, or cared in any way about the major component of E D that is the background simulation...

So far, both failed to surprise me by not happening.

Well, the Federation is a bit like the EU isn't it, they're far too busy fighting each other over money, and are completely blind to the enemy waiting just outside the city walls.

VampyreGTX

Volunteer Moderator
Well, the Federation is a bit like the EU isn't it, they're far too busy fighting each other over money, and are completely blind to the enemy waiting just outside the city walls.

And where and how may I ask is the Federation busy fighting itself over money?

Top Bottom