Since Odyssey doesn't support VR, please give me back my gyroscope!

Please Frontier, fully support the Playstation DS4 (and upcoming DS5) controller on PC. This includes GYROSCOPIC HEADLOOK, the best thing about ED for PS4. You already have the code from the PS4, you just need to implement it on the PC. Other games fully support the DS4, no special drivers or Steam overlay required - for example, Tomb Raider. This would also give us the appropriate symbols in the "press [button] to XYZ" popups.

I ask this because one of the things I miss most when playing on a 2D monitor instead of VR is natural headlook, but the gyroscopic headlook of the PS4 is pretty darn amazing. I can use my DS4 on PC, but it's not fully supported - the gyroscope and touchpad are ignored, along with the ability to multi-function buttons based on short vs long press. A DS4 on PC should give me the exact same options the DS4 on PS4 gives me. The PC version of ED should be superior rather than inferior to its console counterpart IMO. As I said, other games fully support DS4, so it's possible!

iu

'Gyroscopic headlook'... I am guess this is similar to the headlook currently in 2D, except it uses the gyros in the playstation controller for movement?

Things like this already exist out there.

A TrackIR setup does work, there is the Tobii Eye tracking 4c (not the cheapest option, but it does work), and there is the edtracker, specifically made for elite.

Top Bottom