Single Level Roll-Back For Completed Engineering Blueprints.

Please consider allowing commanders to roll-back single levels of engineering without removing all modifications.

Example:

A commander engineers a Power Plant uo to G5 using the Overcharged blueprint (thinking they might need it all). After settling into a final build the commander realizes the ship is running hot because of one or two extra, superfluous levels of Overcharged power.

In this case currently, the commander is probably going to buy a new Power Plant, and stow away the too-hot G5 plant.

If the commander could roll back those levels, it would offer a solution that impacts credits to a far lesser extent, at the expence of whichever mats are sacrificed in the roll-back.

I'd welcome that. The game changes as new stuff gets added, and there have been cases when I changed a build and didn't need as much power anymore, but still needed the level below that. Then again, stripping the modification and reengineering it back to g3 or G4 is far less work than G5 is. Still, would be a nice QoL change.

In this case currently, the commander is probably going to buy a new Power Plant, and stow away the too-hot G5 plant.
Not really. The commander is able to remove the modification completely and apply the mod again to existing power plant (well, except experimental effect). g1-g3 does not require that mats to complain.
But basically I'm pretty sure that overcharged powerplant is for beginners without clear understanding of ship's power management. So let's them learn the lesson and do not make their life "easier".

I'd like to dial modifications backs, and forwards(providing you've already applied that) too.

Even by fractions, because sometimes they effect shot speed, and having two fixed weapons with different shot speeds makes them very difficult to use.

But basically I'm pretty sure that overcharged powerplant is for beginners without clear understanding of ship's power management. So let's them learn the lesson and do not make their life "easier".
That is a pretty arrogant statement. I know my powermanagement, and I'm using armored powerplants whenever I can, but 8 of my builds simply require G5 OC plants, one of them even with monstered special. None of those ships have heat issues however.

That is a pretty arrogant statement. I know my powermanagement, and I'm using armored powerplants whenever I can, but 8 of my builds simply require G5 OC plants, one of them even with monstered special. None of those ships have heat issues however.
Could you please share one of your g5 oc pp ship configuration? Just wondering for the use case. Because whenever I can I use various grades of low emission with thermal spread.

Could you please share one of your g5 oc pp ship configuration? Just wondering for the use case. Because whenever I can I use various grades of low emission with thermal spread.
Sure, they're my large bounty hunter,large miner,VIP passenger liner,medium bounty hunter,medium miner,bubble taxi,materials collector and wake scanning funship. Low emission plants are on my smuggling/exploration builds.
Don't know Numas builds but if you want to run Prismatic Cutters or Corvettes with g5 dirties, high energy weaponry and A rated SCBs you basically have to overcharge g4 or more...
:D

It's all those shield boosters. Then you use thermal vent beams to cool off, but they create even more need for power, but hey if it works for you...

I avoid overcharged like plague and when I absolutely have to use it, I use as little as I can get away with. I was forced to go with full oc with my AX Cutter and it wasn't so bad. Have to moderate the distance when scooping quite a bit, but in combat that huge thermal vent beam still can make me so cool that the 'Goid sometimes forgets I'm there.

I like the rollback idea. That and/or a graphical representation on the engineering screen of what the differences will be before you apply them.

Not really. The commander is able to remove the modification completely and apply the mod again to existing power plant (well, except experimental effect). g1-g3 does not require that mats to complain.
Edison invented the light bulb through trial and error.

It's a tad bit rude to comment on how people work. You seem to assume some kind of due needs to be paid because a person doesn't learn the same way as you.

Also, there's no such animal as an Elite Dangerous Rulebook.

Top Bottom