Sirius permit - how?

These are the best kind of adventures !!

Now you know though, you need an Interstellar Factor, elsewhere. (If you try to pay your fine at the station where you're wanted? You handed yourself in to the cops!!). Ah well .. now you have a less Vega idea of how the criminal justice system works anyway. :) o7

Now you also know it doesn't always pay to ask questions in the forums.

It took me a while to learn about fines, bounties and Interstellar Factors. To find the one nearest you, go to INARA which is a fantastic third-party site:

So is there a way to join the Thargoids against humanity or...?
Sure, provide energy to those motherships people falsely call thargoid bases so these can be repaired finally

BTW the lightshow, when feeded and activated is best to view from outside those ships

Me too. I've done exactly what the OP did .. twice! lol

Ditto. You know what I did last night? I'm in Colonia trying to farm mats for engineering my DBX for the Perseus Reach Expedition. I have a T7 sitting there and saw a mission with mats I needed to haul 90T of whatever to Diva Mines.

"Perfect! Let me switch to the T7 and grab that cargo!"

I get cargo.

I fly.

I request docking.

"Docking request denied as no landing pads are large enough for your vessel" (or whatever).

o_O

OT but not really. How do you use pure in game mechanics to find out how to get permits for each locked system?

EDIT: nevermind...

EDIT 2: actually, does the faction matter in this case or is the only criteria being within 15lys?

Dominic Corner

Mostly Harmless Programmer
Frontier
OT but not really. How do you use pure in game mechanics to find out how to get permits for each locked system?

EDIT 2: actually, does the faction matter in this case or is the only criteria being within 15lys?

Hi there,

The system description on the in-game map should say which faction you need to be allied with to get the permit.

You must be allied with the faction and at a mission board in a system that they are present in within 15ly from the destination.

Traditionally for the Sirius permit commanders have generally used Procyon, but as noted above, this isn't the only candidate.

Thanks,
Dom

Hi there,

The system description on the in-game map should say which faction you need to be allied with to get the permit.

You must be allied with the faction and at a mission board in a system that they are present in within 15ly from the destination.

Traditionally for the Sirius permit commanders have generally used Procyon, but as noted above, this isn't the only candidate.

Thanks,
Dom

Thanks for weighing in, Dom! You guys are doing a great job, by the way.

Hi there,

Thanks,
Dom
Right On Cmdr!
Addem
I had it once and lost it because of malfeasance.

You find out by playing the game.
I know it's old fashioned, but that's what made games like Jagged Alliance great. It doesn't even allow you to create a playable character without engaging your brain and trial & error.

You find out by playing the game.
I know it's old fashioned, but that's what made games like Jagged Alliance great. It doesn't even allow you to create a playable character without engaging your brain and trial & error.

yeah not really. while the sirius permit is one of the easier ones to figure out (because the engineer tells you how to get it) there are some that are just mysteries that don't offer a starting place. similar to a new player trying to figure out anything about thargoid sites before that was kinda improved. knowing that there is a 15ly radius is even something that gives a starting place, which again is something not knowable in game.

playing the game is one thing where there are breadcrumbs that can lead you and inform you if you are on the right path. compared to now where, if i didn't want to use any offline help, would need to go through exhaustive trial and error using the scientific method to hopefully deduce a pattern that can relied upon.

sorry, but i just got off work. i want my games to provide a challenge but providing no information is a bit extreme. i don't think i'm speaking out of my airlock when i say elite can benefit from providing more consistent information even if that information is meant to promote exploration of the game mechanics and is thin on detail.

i'll check again but i've looked on the right panel systems list and the gal map and i don't recall seeing anything that offers a suggestion.

Top Bottom