I've seen many posts hoping for what was known in Jurassic Park Operation Genesis (JPOG) as Site-B. For those who don't know what this is its meant to be JPOG's version of the Site-B in the Jurassic park films. In other words you can create an island and watch your dinosaurs roam free and interact with each other 'naturally'. Unfortunately as of yet I haven't seen any suggestion that this feature is going to be in or added to Jurassic World Evolution which would be a massive shame as this what such a nice feature of JPOG and you could spend hours creating the perfect environment for your dinosaurs and imagine what it was like in Mesozoic era. I'm hoping this thread gets noticed by the dev's and they can confirm or suggest that it is or will be added to the game. So please post your support and with any luck we will find out if this exciting feature is going to be added to what is shaping out to be an amazing game.

I have been thinking about this for a while. I don't think we will see a Site B Dinosaur free roam mode like we saw in JPOG. We don't have access to whole Islands. All we have access to is a limited play area on a island. Though JPOG's islands were small they were still islands. I don't know how a Site B mode would work in a limited single play area.

Maybe something will happen with DLC. Maybe it is possible and you can do it on Sorna. But It would be kind of strange given the limited space you will have in game, even if it's a large space.

I've seen many posts hoping for what was known in Jurassic Park Operation Genesis (JPOG) as Site-B. For those who don't know what this is its meant to be JPOG's version of the Site-B in the Jurassic park films. In other words you can create an island and watch your dinosaurs roam free and interact with each other 'naturally'. Unfortunately as of yet I haven't seen any suggestion that this feature is going to be in or added to Jurassic World Evolution which would be a massive shame as this what such a nice feature of JPOG and you could spend hours creating the perfect environment for your dinosaurs and imagine what it was like in Mesozoic era. I'm hoping this thread gets noticed by the dev's and they can confirm or suggest that it is or will be added to the game. So please post your support and with any luck we will find out if this exciting feature is going to be added to what is shaping out to be an amazing game.

Maybe Site B will be Isla Nublar, we still don't know what is possible on Nublar, so I won't throw out Nublar as a possiblle Site B candidate.

I have been thinking about this for a while. I don't think we will see a Site B Dinosaur free roam mode like we saw in JPOG. We don't have access to whole Islands. All we have access to is a limited play area on a island. Though JPOG's islands were small they were still islands. I don't know how a Site B mode would work in a limited single play area.

Maybe something will happen with DLC. Maybe it is possible and you can do it on Sorna. But It would be kind of strange given the limited space you will have in game, even if it's a large space.

Sorna will be about the size of the planet coaster map which some people call big. But we only saw a short demo of the game so why you keep using the word limited is a question to me since that it's not a given fact. Otherwise it would be an opinion, but it's quite hard to judge on just one map and hardly all the info about the game.

Sorna will be about the size of the planet coaster map which some people call big. But we only saw a short demo of the game so why you keep using the word limited is a question to me since that it's not a given fact. Otherwise it would be an opinion, but it's quite hard to judge on just one map and hardly all the info about the game.

It's the truth. You will be limited to certain play area and you won't have the entire island of Isla Sorna available. So it would be kind of strange just to have your site B all in this limited area of an island. Since Site B was across an entire island. I am not using Matanceros as an example. I am also not complaining that the play areas are small. Maybe it would work, I just think it would be kind of odd.

I don't quite understand your reasoning behind this. JPOG Site B might have utilized the entire island (albeit very small), but it was still a limited space.

I've seen the gameplay video and like most people I was disappointed that the island was 'limited' however was it simply that island being a tutorial island or is there another source of info to confirm all island wont have all the space available. Secondly with Site B I was kind of thinking you create your own island like in JPOG rather than you a pre existing one or if we have to use the original Site B island and allow it all to become accessible after all building options will be limited for obvious reasons.

One of the reasons why they limit the space are the mountains, they are to steep for dinosaurs to walk on but they look awesome in the background.
I wouldn't want to have a flat island with just enough elevation for dinosaurs to walk on, it just wouldn't look so great.

One of the reasons why they limit the space are the mountains, they are to steep for dinosaurs to walk on but they look awesome in the background.
I wouldn't want to have a flat island with just enough elevation for dinosaurs to walk on, it just wouldn't look so great.

To add to this, mountains don't really limit the space. The space will be limited by invisible barriers regardless. The mountains are an illusion created to maintain immersion. In JPOG a limit still existed. Instead of mountains, the illusion was the deep sea. This further created the illusion that an entire island was being utilized when you look at it from the gamer perspective. When you remove the smoke and mirrors, you still have a limited space. The difference is in what illusions are being used.

I don't quite understand your reasoning behind this. JPOG Site B might have utilized the entire island (albeit very small), but it was still a limited space.

It would be like having Site B on a planet coaster map. When I say limited I don't mean the actual size. But the Dinosaurs will be limited where they can go. The islands in JPOG were small. But they at least gave the impression of being islands.

It would be like having Site B on a planet coaster map. When I say limited I don't mean the actual size. But the Dinosaurs will be limited where they can go. The islands in JPOG were small. But they at least gave the impression of being islands.

I'm not referring to the actual size either. Like I said to Lora Craft, both games still have their limits, regardless of their size. The difference is the illusion that kept players immersed despite that limit.

Whether it be mountains or water, it's still a flea circus.

I speak for myself, and what I imagine would be a reasonable percentage of the JWE fanbase in being hugely disappointed if there was not a Site-B mode included. I spent 10x the amount of time on Site-B than I ever did on the Park building aspects of JPOG. Especially if Sorna is used as a starter template, with a huge landmass size and reasonable geographical isolation thanks to mountains and lakes, Site-B on JWE could be special.

Top Bottom