Newcomer / Intro Six days and still hooked

Made 30 million blowing up rocks, killed some NPC's, hanging out in a nice system with planets that have rings and high security. Haven't seen any CMDRs but there is plenty of fun with these wanted NPC's. I feel like I found a game I can do for a long time. I like knowing that if it gets too lonely I can always go where people are.

Made 30 million blowing up rocks, killed some NPC's, hanging out in a nice system with planets that have rings and high security. Haven't seen any CMDRs but there is plenty of fun with these wanted NPC's. I feel like I found a game I can do for a long time. I like knowing that if it gets too lonely I can always go where people are.
Welcome to the Elite Galaxy commander!

Six day will become six years... Don't ask how i know. ;)

You've probably already found most of the resources listed below. If not, have a look at them and in any case don't hesitate to ask questions here in the forum.

In-game help is available in the form of menu links to the Pilot's Handbook and the Codex (right-hand cockpit panel 1st tab).
For a very good beginner's guide see: An in-depth beginner’s guide to Elite: Dangerous.
Tutorials covering all aspects of the game, many of them in the form of YouTube videos, are available from ED Tutorials.
There is a wealth of useful information available in these forums spread out over hundreds of threads. Thanks to commander @Alec Turner you can access all of that information and more via a single thread: Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2].
Here is a good guide on the background simulation (BGS) that simulates the economical and political changes caused by player actions in inhabited systems.
Also check out the inara.cz and eddb.io websites with (almost) realtime info on practically everything in the game.
The coriolis.io and edsy.org websites let you design your ships before buying them.
There are many more Tools and Websites created by fans that make life in the galaxy better.
And last but not least, the Elite Dangerous Wiki contains extensive information on nearly all aspects of the game.

o7

I'm a "youngster" when it comes to time spent playing Elite but I'm still addicted.

You and I arrived on the boards about the same time, as I recall, along with Lt Dan :)

I had been playing a year before I joined the saltiest, most irreverent gaming forum around. I really like the vibe of this place.

In those four years I've 'only' logged about 1600 hours in Elite. Each spring I play at high burn for four months or so, then burn out a bit, and move on to other games and sims before picking it up again come next spring. I'm hoping Odyssey keeps me around in to summer this time. To add to this year's staying power I am trying to mix it up a bit rather than just do Elite full-time. For example I have a career going in the Trigger Maru mod for SH4, commanding USS Bowfin in the western approches to Truk at the mo. By mixing in stuff like that I hope to extend this year's Elite play. I know some commanders are full timers, but I just can't do it in Elite. Gotta mix it up from time to time. Maybe that Cutter will play a part?

You and I arrived on the boards about the same time, as I recall, along with Lt Dan :)

I had been playing a year before I joined the saltiest, most irreverent gaming forum around. I really like the vibe of this place.

In those four years I've 'only' logged about 1600 hours in Elite. Each spring I play at high burn for four months or so, then burn out a bit, and move on to other games and sims before picking it up again come next spring. I'm hoping Odyssey keeps me around in to summer this time. To add to this year's staying power I am trying to mix it up a bit rather than just do Elite full-time. For example I have a career going in the Trigger Maru mod for SH4, commanding USS Bowfin in the western approches to Truk at the mo. By mixing in stuff like that I hope to extend this year's Elite play. I know some commanders are full timers, but I just can't do it in Elite. Gotta mix it up from time to time. Maybe that Cutter will play a part?
Wonder what happened to Lt. Dan? And Spaceman Si come to that... bet there's quite a few still knocking around, just not posting...

Welcome Commander.
Takes a certain type of mindset to enjoy this game, but if it takes hold, it REALLY takes hold!
You sound like a lifer to me
o7

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Welcome CMDR, glad you enjoy it.

I am also playing for six ... days, definitely days, and also still hooked.

Top Bottom