Six Months Later......

Since the beginning of this year 2019 (3305) when I downloaded and installed Elite Dangerous, a world of freshness and newness was opened up to me. sure those beginning hours I spent learning the various keybinds to making a graceful or not so graceful takeoffs and landings were nothing short of spectacular haha. But over a couple months of play time it improved to where I was able to be decent at it. Mission running was another bit of learning as well but over time it improved a lot as well, up to and including passenger missions. ( one mission the poor kids in the back threw up all over the interior of my Dolphin at the time, ugh.) Then there was the idea of landing on a planet to stations there, that's a skill that really requires some thinking ahead to plan your entry to the station.

THEN there was driving an SRV around on a planet surface, I had to modify the keybinds to match those of the ship in order to go fast or slam on the brakes! And surface prospecting, watched a youtube video on that and gotten a good hold on that even. Power Play you ask? Yep, after struggling a bit with that till one of my squad mates showed me where to look in the contacts list, that's a breeze now!

Signed up for the upcoming expedition this weekend to celebrate Apollo 11's landing on the moon, I'm excited to go! That's also a salute to DW2 as well, thanks DW2!

To FDevs and the community, thanks for sharing this new journey with me for the future to be!

Since the beginning of this year 2019 (3305) when I downloaded and installed Elite Dangerous, a world of freshness and newness was opened up to me. sure those beginning hours I spent learning the various keybinds to making a graceful or not so graceful takeoffs and landings were nothing short of spectacular haha. But over a couple months of play time it improved to where I was able to be decent at it. Mission running was another bit of learning as well but over time it improved a lot as well, up to and including passenger missions. ( one mission the poor kids in the back threw up all over the interior of my Dolphin at the time, ugh.) Then there was the idea of landing on a planet to stations there, that's a skill that really requires some thinking ahead to plan your entry to the station.

THEN there was driving an SRV around on a planet surface, I had to modify the keybinds to match those of the ship in order to go fast or slam on the brakes! And surface prospecting, watched a youtube video on that and gotten a good hold on that even. Power Play you ask? Yep, after struggling a bit with that till one of my squad mates showed me where to look in the contacts list, that's a breeze now!

Signed up for the upcoming expedition this weekend to celebrate Apollo 11's landing on the moon, I'm excited to go! That's also a salute to DW2 as well, thanks DW2!

To FDevs and the community, thanks for sharing this new journey with me for the future to be!

Yeah, it's rather amazing.
Sometimes I wish I was able to foget everything and start over, experiencing the world of Elite fresh, once again.

Even without it, though, Elite has become and is staying as a proper "second life".

It's great you are enjoying it. I am an old Alpha player and I uninstalled the game about 9 months ago.

I recently got it installed again and after 2 days finally managed to get it setup again how I like it (setting the game up is a pain).

But it's nice to be back again and playing. I wish I could spend more time with it but it's not to be.

Oh, I've never played Second life. I just like the idea of have the whole alternative reality to your real life. :)
Dual universe looks interesting, but MMOs of this kind tend to be really pricey. I'll look into it, though.
It will be subscription based ($10-$13 monthly), but they managed to get 30,000 players in one place.
The possibility to build your own ships also sounds very, very intriguing.
Sounds promising, I can only hope that it won't end up like some other kickstarter projects we won't mention here, because there's already a separate thread. ;)

Top Bottom