Ski-lift/Gondola cable rides - these are not two separate rides and this needs fixing!

I'm sorry to be negative and I know that I'm bound to get lots of folks saying "don't buy it then" but frankly this needs to be said. Your latest DLC is a joke and a rip-off.

First the good: Flying Island, Condor, The Whip, Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster, Paratrooper and boat ride are nice additions. That's it.

The car ride is basically just a new vehicle on the same track rides we've had all along. You could have done so much with this and enabled us to make variable speed tracks like Epcot's Test Track or other such rides. You could have added cars which could be rotated and paused and all sorts to make interactive feature rides, but no - just an old ride with a new car on which you've slapped in there to make the pack seem bigger.

Rising Raptor and Golden Eagle (Condor) are not two rides, they are two car options on the same ride, so again you've stretched one ride into two, to make the pack seem bigger.

The Gondola ride, which frankly should have been included in the base game as it is a standard type of transport ride in theme parks the world over, is also a complete disappointment. This is not a new ride, rather just a new car type on the existing ski-lift from Magnificent Rides. You should merge both together into one ride with car options, or make both available to owners of either pack. In addition to this being yet another con stretching one ride into two, to make the DLC seem bigger, you've really crippled the ride mechanic and the building experience is seriously buggy (in the ski-lift version at least). I've seen ski-lift chairs going up at 45° angles and trying to get tracks to line up is extremely difficult. You've also inexplicably limited it to two stations - this could have been an incredibly useful transport ride with hop-on, hop-off stops all around a park (many parks and other use cable cars do this around the world) but instead to achieve this we now have to build two stations in each area we wish to do this.

So the 9 rides, are in fact 6 rides, and of the 3 where you've just cloned and re-vehicled rides, you haven't even bothered to extend their capabilities.

Priced at £7.99 this is literally a quarter of the price for the full game, for just 6 rides! I am deeply unimpressed by the greedy way you are ripping off customers with the expensive, regurgitated and piecemeal offerings.

And I wish they would have made the older 1970’s Von Roll cable cars but they made the modern enclosed glass ones. And the open seat cars from the 60’s with colored seats and colored tops like RCT2. I don’t really care for the Sky Temple, and I wish the boat ride had steep drops.

I'm sorry to be negative and I know that I'm bound to get lots of folks saying "don't buy it then" but frankly this needs to be said. Your latest DLC is a joke and a rip-off.

First the good: Flying Island, Condor, The Whip, Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster, Paratrooper and boat ride are nice additions. That's it.

The car ride is basically just a new vehicle on the same track rides we've had all along. You could have done so much with this and enabled us to make variable speed tracks like Epcot's Test Track or other such rides. You could have added cars which could be rotated and paused and all sorts to make interactive feature rides, but no - just an old ride with a new car on which you've slapped in there to make the pack seem bigger.

Rising Raptor and Golden Eagle (Condor) are not two rides, they are two car options on the same ride, so again you've stretched one ride into two, to make the pack seem bigger.

The Gondola ride, which frankly should have been included in the base game as it is a standard type of transport ride in theme parks the world over, is also a complete disappointment. This is not a new ride, rather just a new car type on the existing ski-lift from Magnificent Rides. You should merge both together into one ride with car options, or make both available to owners of either pack. In addition to this being yet another con stretching one ride into two, to make the DLC seem bigger, you've really crippled the ride mechanic and the building experience is seriously buggy (in the ski-lift version at least). I've seen ski-lift chairs going up at 45° angles and trying to get tracks to line up is extremely difficult. You've also inexplicably limited it to two stations - this could have been an incredibly useful transport ride with hop-on, hop-off stops all around a park (many parks and other use cable cars do this around the world) but instead to achieve this we now have to build two stations in each area we wish to do this.

So the 9 rides, are in fact 6 rides, and of the 3 where you've just cloned and re-vehicled rides, you haven't even bothered to extend their capabilities.

Priced at £7.99 this is literally a quarter of the price for the full game, for just 6 rides! I am deeply unimpressed by the greedy way you are ripping off customers with the expensive, regurgitated and piecemeal offerings.

Don't buy it then........ ;)

Don't get me wrong, but all those rides where announced so it was clear before release what we where getting, and the Rising Raptor/Golden Eagle was announced as 1 ride with 2 variations, the same with the drop towers in the DLC before this one.
For the rest, most rides are always reskins. So nothing new here either.

The limitations on the gondola/ski-lift is not DLC related. BUT I agree it would be nice to make more stations.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
If you look back to expansion packs of similar games, the majority are reskins. It's not new. It was also clearly stated about Condor and Rising Raptor, the same as it was in the previous pack for the drop towers.

Do you see me stating anywhere that it was any better when other similar games did it? No, I think not. Just because others do it, greedily, it doesn't justify everyone else just following suit either. I know it was "clearly stated" - my point was not that it wasn't, just that by virtue of the fact this has been done that the value of the pack is significantly less. I think I clearly stated this...

Don't buy it then........ ;)

Don't get me wrong, but all those rides where announced so it was clear before release what we where getting, and the Rising Raptor/Golden Eagle was announced as 1 ride with 2 variations, the same with the drop towers in the DLC before this one.
For the rest, most rides are always reskins. So nothing new here either.

The limitations on the gondola/ski-lift is not DLC related. BUT I agree it would be nice to make more stations.

I don't know why everyone is saying 'it was stated' or 'it was announced' - that is not my point, not even a little bit. My point is that they are flogging very little for a very high price point (1/4 the game's price!), comparatively. "Don't buy it then" - I have no intention of buying it!

To be honest, there are major triple A titles and companies out there that have more DLC/microtransaction rip offs than Frontier's DLC's.

Quantity vs. Quality vs. Price is always up for debate. But I honestly don't see Frontier doing things differently in regard of DLC/microtransaction than other companies, actually, I feel a DLC of Frontier gives me more value than a Season Pass for Assassin's Creed for example.

Me, I don't think 10€ is massively expensive, and the content is worth the price to me.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Sims 3 and 4.. I stopped playing Sims 3 for that reason so I understand the stance. But these seen reasonable to me. Also with this game, it's more reasonable than the past reskins as from livestreams with the Devs, the work that goes into a new ride is substantially more than previous similar games. Even a single flatride is two weeks work. That's expensive.

Top Bottom