Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello Commanders,

As you are likely aware, an issue was recently discovered which allowed players to earn 200/300 million credits per hour by completing Skimmer Massacre Missions. We have removed this mission type while we investigate, and we will update this post as an edit once we have more information.

Thanks.

Hello Commanders,

As you are likely aware, an issue was recently discovered which allowed players to earn 200/300 million credits per hour by completing Skimmer Massacre Missions. We have removed this mission type while we investigate, and we will update this post as an edit once we have more information.

Thanks.

Thank you :)

Why not just remove credits from the game full stop and put it as hours played to unlock ship's etc and make it a maximum of 1 hour play a week, that will stop the whiners complaining about people earning money using the games mechanics??

Seriously I have not used any of these things for making credits other than I did a few hours of passenger missions just to see what could actually be earned but I didn't do it enough to earn the billions I know some did.

I really have no issue with people having more credits than me because it doesn't affect my game in the slightest.

Is playing the game as intended an issue now ?

Earning 100 to 300 million credits per hour in a viper is not as intended. If it was then they wouldn't have temporarily removed this mission.

Why do other careers if you can earn so much more with this massacre mission bug? It unbalanced the game.

What would happen if everyone suddenly had $1 billion in their bank account? Hyperinflation. The value of that currency would plummet.

shame you cant fix the bugs as fast. Oh well. I'll shelf E.D again until I can get enough credits to play.

You can get credits the legit way like everyone else who didn't use this bug.

Why not just remove credits from the game full stop and put it as hours played to unlock ship's etc and make it a maximum of 1 hour play a week, that will stop the whiners complaining about people earning money using the games mechanics??

Because bartering is primitive and inefficient vs using a currency.

Last edited:
Frontier, this was a result of the background simulation. It's not an exploit to offer these missions with their current payout. However in order to fix the problem of CMDR's amassing too many credits, you have to fix 'board hopping' and mode switching. If you did that, these missions wouldn't be unbalanced. I recall when killing 1 skimmer applied to every active mission, which you have also fixed. Now the skimmer's respawn (as they should) it allowed players to keep respawning new skimmers in a quick and efficient manner.

Top Bottom