Skyrim Anniversary Edition

Spotted one of Bethesda's team in the UESP Discord earlier. Said something about this edition including a lot of Creation Club content, including brand new stuff not yet in SE.

Sounds to me that it's going to see a revival of the CC, which has laid dormant since COVID came about.
Be still my beating heart, they are advertising pre-installed mods?!
Some self required back patting (batteries not included) probably making the rounds in Bethesda HQ.

The headline feature? Fishing. You can now fish in skyrim with associated fishing quests. Instead of diving into the water and just grabbing them...

People are paying for the same old game with mods my man.

Deleted member 110222

D
Lancôme Skooma confirmed in-game.

"Still just sounds like a cash grab to me. I'd be more than happy to buy Starfield though, on Playstation..."
See the big wink aimed at FD ?
60SbBEQ.jpg
Yes, because the word Frontier has nothing to do with space exploration in general.

Deleted member 110222

D
Be still my beating heart, they are advertising pre-installed mods?!
Some self required back patting (batteries not included) probably making the rounds in Bethesda HQ.

The headline feature? Fishing. You can now fish in skyrim with associated fishing quests. Instead of diving into the water and just grabbing them...

People are paying for the same old game with mods my man.
Fishing is a free creation for SSE.

The one with lots of Creations included is AE.

Deleted member 110222

D
Oh gawd not another edition of Cashgrabrim... How much longer are they going to milk this cow? Honestly...

Give me TES6, not this.

It's quite immoral at this stage.
It's had one rerelease prior to this.

Seriously, it is not as bad as you think.

For distinct launches on platforms that already have the game in some form, it's one. It's been rereleased once, thus far, and a second rerelease in November this year.

And SSE, a cash grab? When it added modding features that were not available in the original, and was requested by the community itself for said features as well as various environmental improvements, not to mention that it was a free upgrade for LE owners for a not insignificant time after launch? Yeah, cashgrab, right...

Still feels like Skyrim must be most of the way to begin rivalling Myst for re-releases, for a given value of "re-release" (EDIT: Yes - I will be purchasing the latest Myst remake - now in VR, on the 26th)... :7

Starfield: Give it a VR mode, and I am right there!

On a bethesda-RPG and Elite adjacent note: Wayward Realms looks kind of intriguing! (Some of the (...probably lightly budgeted...) old creative minds behind the earlier Elder Scrolls games returning to Daggerfall's procedural generation (...in a new world), which was dropped for the ES series, in favour of the current miniaturised handcrafted play area, when Todd Howard took the helm on Morrowind).

Last edited:
It release on ps3 then again on ps4 as Skyrim with mods and then again as Skyrim VR. Each one is a separate purchase not a dlc. That's 3 releases imo but I'm sure facts are as subjective as they always are on this forum

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
It's had one rerelease prior to this.

Seriously, it is not as bad as you think.

For distinct launches on platforms that already have the game in some form, it's one. It's been rereleased once, thus far, and a second rerelease in November this year.

And SSE, a cash grab? When it added modding features that were not available in the original, and was requested by the community itself for said features as well as various environmental improvements, not to mention that it was a free upgrade for LE owners for a not insignificant time after launch? Yeah, cashgrab, right...
Special Edition I will agree wasn't a cash grab. 64-bit engine was a great upgrade.

Did players have to pay for next-gen platform releases? I.e. if you had it on PS3 did you have to pay for PS4 and then PS5 versions separately? Or were they a free upgrades? If they weren't paid - fair enough. If they were - that's a cash grab to me.

All the time and effort that went into porting to subsequent platforms could have been used to speed up TES6 production process. (And yes I know it's probably different teams, but still 20 devs on 1 project will be better than 10 devs on 2 projects each).

Skyrim: (playstation 3)
Skyrim: Very Special Edition (amazon echo) No, this is not a joke
Skyrim: Xbox 360
Skyrim: Special Edition PS4
Skyrim: PC
Skyrim: Special Edition PC
Skyrim: Legendary Edition PC
Skyrim: Special Edition (Nintendo Switch)
Skyrim: Special Edition (Xbox One)
Skyrim: VR PS4
Skyrim: VR PC
Skyrim: Anniversary Edition PC
Skyrim: Anniversary Edition PS4
Skyrim: Anniversary Edition Xbox One
Skyrim: Anniversary Edition Xbox X/S
Skyrim: Anniversary Edition PS5

If you wondering why I didn't just clump some of these together it is because each platform release required its own team to adapt or re-adapt to its target platform. Is it any wonder ES6 is years and years away?
Now some of the these were "free" upgrades. Some of these "free" upgrades came with an in game store for paid mods a.k.a. Creation Club :LOL:

Deleted member 110222

D
Special Edition I will agree wasn't a cash grab. 64-bit engine was a great upgrade.

Did players have to pay for next-gen platform releases? I.e. if you had it on PS3 did you have to pay for PS4 and then PS5 versions separately? Or were they a free upgrades? If they weren't paid - fair enough. If they were - that's a cash grab to me.

All the time and effort that went into porting to subsequent platforms could have been used to speed up TES6 production process. (And yes I know it's probably different teams, but still 20 devs on 1 project will be better than 10 devs on 2 projects each).
How many times does this need to be said?

Bethesda only works on one main project at a time.

There is nothing unusual here, seriously.

When Starfield is out, TES6 will go under full swing.

We have been told this so many times by the studio themselves yet people refuse to accept it.

AE, as I have realised, is not even a new edition.

It is, basically, to SSE what Legendary Edition was to the original 2011 release: A bundle to get all addons. This time it's a load of creations.

You don't have to pay anything at all if the Creation Club doesn't interest you, as that is all it is. A massive CC bundle. This is coming from Bethsda's very own Cartogriffi, who oversees modding initiatives at BGS: Source: https://twitter.com/UESP_net/status/1428839310980157449

Feel free to join the UESP server if you wish to verify the Discord account pictured in the Tweet for yourself.

TL;DR: If you have no interest in Creation Club, AE is literally a non-product as per Bethesda's own words.

How many times does this need to be said?

Bethesda only works on one main project at a time.

There is nothing unusual here, seriously.

When Starfield is out, TES6 will go under full swing.

We have been told this so many times by the studio themselves yet people refuse to accept it.

If that's true (and I'm not doubting you at all), then that is pretty unusual.

Most medium-to-large studios have more than one project on the go at the same time. It seems silly given the size & backing of Zenimax/Bethesda that they wouldn't dovetail projects to maximise revenue. Frontier for instance wouldn't be the size it is if they hadn't worked on Planet Coaster/Zoo and Jurassic World at the same time as E: D (and each other).

So I find it hard to believe if that's what Bethesda are saying. 🤷‍♀️

I love Skyrim, especially with frostfall installed.

It's dropped off my regular game list though. I have the goty special edition (i think) and mods through nexus.

Presumably I won't need to buy this as all the mods will be available through nexus anyway?

Deleted member 110222

D
If that's true (and I'm not doubting you at all), then that is pretty unusual.

Most medium-to-large studios have more than one project on the go at the same time. It seems silly given the size & backing of Zenimax/Bethesda that they wouldn't dovetail projects to maximise revenue. Frontier for instance wouldn't be the size it is if they hadn't worked on Planet Coaster/Zoo and Jurassic World at the same time as E: D (and each other).

So I find it hard to believe if that's what Bethesda are saying. 🤷‍♀️
Well, it literally is.

If you don't believe them, well, no great loss to be honest. (You and I are really nothing special after all)

It won't make TES6 arrive any faster either way. :p

Oh gawd not another edition of Cashgrabrim... How much longer are they going to milk this cow? Honestly...

Give me TES6, not this.

It's quite immoral at this stage.

Absolutely agree here. Surely anyone that's going to buy the damn thing already has anyway.

However if they include the seminal DLC regarding horse foofies I might consider it.

Deleted member 110222

D
Absolutely agree here. Surely anyone that's going to buy the damn thing already has anyway.

However if they include the seminal DLC regarding horse foofies I might consider it.
That's exactly what AE is.

The information is all there for you. Not hard to find.

Creation Club is honestly little different to the micro DLC that Oblivion and Morrowind had.

Why people are so hostile to it in Skyrim I just don't get, especially as it's higher quality by and large, than what Morrowind and Oblivion had in similar sized content.

Why are people so hostile about people being hostile about this game. :)

You are clearly mega excited for this and damn man...more power to ya for it!
it seems "meh" to me and a bit of cash grab. It's honestly great you can see value here.
When the next game comes out proper I'll be playing that and proper excited to play another ES title which will probably launch with all the usual things we expect in the series good and bad.

Creation Club is honestly little different to the micro DLC that Oblivion and Morrowind had.

Why people are so hostile to it in Skyrim I just don't get, especially as it's higher quality by and large, than what Morrowind and Oblivion had in similar sized content.
Because it was a cheap attempt to monetize the very community that has been keeping their games relevant and afloat for nearly 20 years. Some of the creation club content is made and produced by Bethesda themselves but most of it is from community mod authors.
I can not speak for the console community, for them it probably looks like a great deal. For pc modding, this is a joke.

You will never see something of the scope of Tale of Two Wastelands on consoles.

Top Bottom