SleepyDelegate's Chronicles - taking the DBX around the Galaxy

good to meet you tonight!

Now then, mate! Thanks for making the effort to meet me, what took me several weeks, took you just couple of days... :) It was a new experience, and a fantastic one! Sitting there, watching your ship coming in SC and then suddenly Zaaap and you were there... I loved your ship, I don't remember what type you said it was, but it was beautiful... The wear and tear on the hull, simply amazing... And hey, I owe you a beer for fixing my hull! 🍻 :) What a day, arriving in a system with WW and ELW and having a visitor at the same time... :) I must have been poor host, I was so excited, that while texting, I kept forgetting to press enter and was doing all sorts of funny things, like deploying hard points, landing gear, turning my lights on, maybe even firing a heatsink, I don't really know... When you left, I spent couple of minutes just putting my ship back in working order... 🙃

Screenshot_0046.jpeg

Screenshot_0040.jpeg

Screenshot_0041.jpeg

After you left, I continued towards that nebulae I spotted nearby...

Screenshot_0049.jpeg

Last edited:
And so my journey continues...

I finally learned how to filter the stars when plotting my course, but since the red dwarfs are necessary to be included in my route, as otherwise I would not be able to jump where I want to go, I mostly discover systems with rock and ice bodies... Occasionally there are some HMC's and MRB's, some of them are terraformable...

In the part of the Galaxy where I am now, the Neutron Stars are not that rare as I originally thought... In fact, I have just today discovered a binary system consisting of two neutron stars. Pretty cool! Unfortunately, the other star was some 17.000ls away from the first one, so no epic pictures... 🥺

I still have not stumbled upon a black hole though... 🤔

In a system's name, the highlighted letter indicates the mass of the system:
PUELIO CD-I C23-2

which runs from A to H ( I think). Black holes occur in the F,G,H systems. Look for those.

Give this a read.

I’m probably late to the party but let me give some outfit advice:
To get the best out of the build your gonna need to engineer.
Shield - D rate enhanced
Fuel scoop - best A rate you can get.
Amfu - ok
No cargo!
Docking computer- ok
Pp- try to go down to a 2A but engineer it overcharged tier4
Thrusters- clean drive
Fsd - best A rated and tier 5. Do the guardian boost to.
3D life support and lightweight
PD engine focused
Sensors- lightweight
Tank- go smaller by 1
No weapons
No point defenense

BEGINNERS GUIDE TO PANICKING:

Step 1: Arrive in a system with white dwarf. Do not pay too much attention to where your noise is pointed while accelerating towards your next jump. If your nose is pointed towards white dwarf in a way, that you do not see you are headed for that stream of highly energized particles, your ready to proceed to
Step 2: Full throttle and engage jump drive
Step 3: As the jump drive is spooling, start noticing dangerously high temperature and rising...
Step 4: Start frantically changing direction while shutting off all your brain circuits involved in logic and navigation
Step 5: After your logical brain centers are all shut down start frantically pressing random buttons in hopes that you will at least de-throttle, slow down and maybe cool down as well
Step 6: In your mind, swap the temp gauge for hull status gauge
Step 7: As you randomly disengage the Jumpdrive, start watching the temperature gauge (now Hull status gauge in your mind) and as it starts dropping, start screaming...

I almost got a heart attack, I really thought I'm gonna die there... 😂

Screenshot_0064.jpeg

Beautiful terraformable HMC world with rings...

Screenshot_0067.jpeg

This brown dwarf has a close RB and a MASSIVE ring!

Screenshot_0072.jpeg

Screenshot_0074.jpeg

I have found this nice system with 4 stars.

Snímek obrazovky 2020-06-08 v 23.36.39.png

The first one is orbited by 7 HMC and 1 WW, where the first three HMC are terraformable and orbiting each other... The last one is also terraformable HMC and has rings... How cool is that? 😉

Snímek obrazovky 2020-06-08 v 23.35.22.png

Also yesterday: While taking the pictures of that brown dwarf, I descended to the rings and decided to take some pictures from that perspective as well... That was acutally my second time inside of the ring, I did not know how to enter the ring, untill I accidentaly flew too close to the ring and exited out of SC into it... Cool...

So I'm taking pictures:

Screenshot_0077.jpeg

And I notice, that my hull has wear and tear! That is sooo coool! (y) :) I will never repair my paint again!

Screenshot_0079.jpeg

I'm out there, panning and zooming on my ship, enjoying the beautiful wear and tear marks, thinking how seasoned and experienced traveller I am now, that my ship already shows these signs of wear... I bath in my own glory, I am impressed with my self, the history of exploration is going to be rewritten! I am new Columbus!

So I'm out of my ship, dreaming about my own bright future, when a shadow runs slowly over the hull of my ship a covers it with darkness...

Screenshot_0080.jpeg

This sudden change woke me from my dreams and my wildest imagination kicks in: Aliens! Some giant alien mothership just hovers over my head and covers the source of light and aliens are about to board my ship! F#&k, f$#k f**k! What do I do, how do I get back to my ship? What is the button to enter my ship? HEEEELP!

After couple of seconds, I calmed down and realized, there is no alien mothership hovering above me... Actually, I couldn't find the reason why the light got blocked, as I didn't know what was the source of light before and now, when it was covered by some other object, I couldn't locate neither of them in the stars above me...

Guess I could start a book about panicking in this game... 🤣

Last edited:
:cautious: Cant log in the game today... Did an update of the game, validated files, logged out the machine, logged back, still the game can't communicate with the authentication server... (n)

Anyway, to cheer up, I looked at my most precious find ever:

A three star system, where the main star is a Neutron star. One terraformable HMC world with a terraformable rock body moon, Water world and an ELW orbit around barycentre of the system! MRB orbits a second and a third star... Nice! :cool:

Snímek obrazovky 2020-06-09 v 21.54.12.png

I'm still unable to play... Whenever I try to run the game, I get past the launcher, logo, then it tells me something about "This takes long depending on your shaders" or something along those lines, then this big rectangle appears with turning wheel, sayin LOGGING IN or so... And then it say "Cannot comunicate to validation servers or something" and it kicks me out... And this happens every time... Over and over... I tried Log out, I tried Log out machine, I tried validate the files, I restarted, I turned off defender and firewall... Nothing... very disappointing...

If I buy Horizons, do I need to dock first, in order to be able to land on a planets? Or can I continue flying in the distant regions and just start landing on them after I buy the expansion?

If I buy Horizons, do I need to dock first, in order to be able to land on a planets? Or can I continue flying in the distant regions and just start landing on them after I buy the expansion?

The module you need to land just appears by magic in your ship when you launch horizons. You'll need to dock to get an SRV but you can land and admire the view or do some low level flying around immediately.

Whether you want to add the additional risk factor of learning to land mid-trip or sell your data and then do some risk free practice is up to you.

The module you need to land just appears by magic in your ship when you launch horizons. You'll need to dock to get an SRV but you can land and admire the view or do some low level flying around immediately.

Whether you want to add the additional risk factor of learning to land mid-trip or sell your data and then do some risk free practice is up to you.

ROFL, you just read my mind... 😂:ROFLMAO:

As soon as I wrote that post, this is exactly what I started worrying about, whether I want to endanger the data onboard of my ship... So I decided to wait till I safely dock somewhere, sell the data and then set out on a sightseeing trip with my new SRV... 😉 (y)

Knowing myself, I could panic while attempting my first landing and plummet into the surface...

But thank you very much for answering my question and confirming my fears... :)

BTW... Today, I was approaching a moon that was extremely close to a ring of a gas giant and something that never happened before happened: my ship showed me this grid and told me, that I am entering a glide... What sorcery is that? 😲

Last edited:
hmm, maybe we got Horizons for free/all with the FC patch?! ;)
That is what I thought... Coincidentally, couple of minutes before this happened, I was watching a video about planetary landings in ED and this is what I saw there... So, later I'm approaching this moon to take couple of pics of the small gap between the moon and the ring and suddenly I am in a glide... I was very surprised!

Or space madness has caught you and you were still watching the video with your hotas in your hands ;)

I need to apologize... It was definitely a space madness... I went back to the game to check what has actually happened... I searched for the first landable body, got as close as possible in SC and as soon as I reached certain distance, before dropping out of SC, I got this grid and message, that I have entered an orbital flight, not a glide... Sorry guys, it was definitely a space madness induced by that YT video I saw couple of minutes earlier... 🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom