SleepyDelegate's Chronicles - taking the DBX around the Galaxy

Im starting to like the Odyssey...

There is still a lot of bugs, like the DSS in VR is completely screwed, the lighting is sometimes acting up etc...

Here you can see the same scene with Codex opened and closed... Opening the CODEX makes the lighting much brighter and bascialy washed out...

Screenshot_0320.jpg

Also, while disembarking the ship recently, I was just "spit out" of the ship and ended up with part of my SRV sharing the same space with the ship and the other part of the SRV burried under ground...

After a while, I decided to take the risk and dismissed the ship... I was freed and could continue normally...

Screenshot_0344.jpg

I have also submitted a couple of "First reported by" CODEX discoveries... :)

This was my first one:

Screenshot_0318.jpg

And my first ELW in Odyssey... They are bit more colorful and I cant decide which onei like better, whether Horizons or Odyssey... I like both...

Screenshot_0317.jpg

Some planets look really funky...

Screenshot_0329.jpg

And some scenes are trully wonderful, like this yellow skies with bright white mountains...

Screenshot_0335.jpg

Enjyoing some palm trees... :)

Screenshot_0342.jpg

Lines of stars like that are usually due to a star survey from the real world, that was imported into Elite. The line is usually aligned to point straight to Sol, because it came from a targeted survey of a small patch of sky. I can't quite make out the system you're in, to see which area of space you're in. But there are many like that.

For some reason, my ED started taking these miniature screenshots... Sorry bout that, I will have to figure out what setting needs to be changed...

When passing through coalsack nebula, I discovered a lot of Non-Human Signal Sources... As a true explorer, of course, I went to investigate...

I dropped to a Threat 3 NHSS... Immediately after I dropped in, I saw a lot of wrecks and some strange ship buzzing around them...

As the ship noticed me, I was immediately made aware by my number one, that we are being fired upon... My heart jumped and I hit the throttle...

My exploration ship, with weak distributor and low thrusters, slowly sped up to a staggering 225m/s... I was on a run and I was watching the three circles of my shields quickly disappear...

"Caustic missile!"

I was so overwhelmed, I could not figure out how to jump out of the instance...

"Engage supercruise!" I hear myself giving an order to my number one... "Supercruise engaging!" responds number one, but I do not see the usual progress bar... Nothing happens...

"Engage supercruise!" I repeat and my number one repeats "Engaging'!" but again nothing happens...

The caustic missile is closing in and I need to get out of here as fast as possible...

All three rings of my shield are gone and I hear reports of damage being taken...

I try some evasive maneuvers while frantically trying to figure out why is the supercruise not engaging...

In the end, I try my last resort, I hit the button myself and the progress bar comes on and the supercruise starts charging up...

After a couple of seconds, I am back in supercruise... I keep watching the hull stats... No change... So I was not hit by that caustic missile... Just for good measures, I orientate my ship towards the sun to prepare for overheat, but no caustic effects...

Holy crap, that was close...​

Last edited:
For some reason, my ED started taking these miniature screenshots... Sorry bout that, I will have to figure out what setting needs to be changed...

When passing through coalsack nebula, I discovered a lot of Non-Human Signal Sources... As a true explorer, of course, I went to investigate...

I dropped to a Threat 3 NHSS... Immediately after I dropped in, I saw a lot of wrecks and some strange ship buzzing around them...

As the ship noticed me, I was immediately made aware by my number one, that we are being fired upon... My heart jumped and I hit the throttle...

My exploration ship, with weak distributor and low thrusters, slowly sped up to a staggering 225m/s... I was on a run and I was watching the three circles of my shields quickly disappear...

"Caustic missile!"

I was so overwhelmed, I could not figure out how to jump out of the instance...

"Engage supercruise!" I hear myself giving an order to my number one... "Supercruise engaging!" responds number one, but I do not see the usual progress bar... Nothing happens...

"Engage supercruise!" I repeat and my number one repeats "Engaging'!" but again nothing happens...

The caustic missile is closing in and I need to get out of here as fast as possible...

All three rings of my shield are gone and I hear reports of damage being taken...

I try some evasive maneuvers while frantically trying to figure out why is the supercruise not engaging...

In the end, I try my last resort, I hit the button myself and the progress bar comes on and the supercruise starts charging up...

After a couple of seconds, I am back in supercruise... I keep watching the hull stats... No change... So I was not hit by that caustic missile... Just for good measures, I orientate my ship towards the sun to prepare for overheat, but no caustic effects...

Holy crap, that was close...​

Thargs do not like guardian stuff on ships. And yes that includes that nice jump booster module too...Nearly wrecked my Krait when I went to look thargoids as I was falsely lulled to security thinking that thargs will not attack ship not carrying ax or guardian stuff, but forgot that I do have that guardian booster.

Thargs do not like guardian stuff on ships. And yes that includes that nice jump booster module too...Nearly wrecked my Krait when I went to look thargoids as I was falsely lulled to security thinking that thargs will not attack ship not carrying ax or guardian stuff, but forgot that I do have that guardian booster.
I was told that as well... But my previous encounter with Thargoids was peaceful, despite me having my Guardian FSD booster installed... They interdicted me from witch space and we flew in normal space in a formation for roughly 7 minutes with absolutely no hostility from their side (aside from the interdiction of course)... So I kind of expected, that it would be the same this time... But I was wrong...

You know there's some more galaxy to the "south" of the bubble, right? ;)
Thanks, I have corrected my post... I guess I will include the southern part of the Galaxy in my next 6 months trip... (y)

BTW, was just promoted to Elite IV... Is it something new to Odyssey?

Last edited:
I bet yours was a lot quicker than my 6 months trip... ;)
BTW, we somehow did not manage to do the meet up... I hope next time there will be some opportunity! I would like to do some goofing around with a likely minded guy like you...

My plan now is to do some pew pew action in the bubble, maybe do some Xeno related activities, win some wars for my squadron, maybe go to fight some battles in Colonia and then, after I am fed up with pew pew, I will again, depart to explore the Galaxy... This time I will also include the southern part of the Galaxy, as @iain666 correctly pointed out... :)

Top Bottom