Yello Fdev and fellow space pilots.

Can we please get a nerf (Yes.. You read that right...) On the Elite/Deadly ranked SLF's.

At this point they are Aimbots.

My beef with these little hellions is that, at least as far as PvP goes, They are one of the biggest click win assets in game, in such a way that thier accuracy is utterly inhumane and allow big ship pilots to not even have to fire thier guns when fighting smaller ships, case and point, I usually fly a Viper Mk4 in PvP as it generally has the moveset and tankyness to outdo most ships and pilots, to the tune of taking plasma hits with no problem, basically ignoring multicannons and lasers and can even take a fair few missiles before the modules are ruined, it was designed to be a tough fighter capable of hanging with ships outside it's size class.

The Elite/Deadly SLF's however will peel the hull off it at a rate of 2% (thereabouts) every second, with little to no loss of accuracy, considering that I and many others fly with no flight assist this is a serious problem. There are no players with such accuracy levels, and the timer you get in fights is now so short that it basically means big ships can troll little ones just with thier high ranked fighters.

I would like to point out to the community likely to defend these things, and to the Devs themselves. That aimbots have NO PLACE in a skill based game. Whatsoever.

Smash the little turds with the nerf bat and make big ship pilots have to work to kill smaller ships. The SLF should not be a free pass to troll. Which at this point, that's basically exactly what they are.

Over and out. o7

EDIT: The 2% a second is off a hull of 2700 odd and 50% resistances.

EDIT2: Some seem to be struggling to grasp the concept. SO When I say "nerf", I mean a small reduction to accuracy, so they are'nt hitting at a 99% ratio.

Last edited:
Hmm. Interesting, are they really that good?
Not considered this before.

It certainly seems that way, considering how little flak you are likely to take if you can fly a small ship, which I might add, is about thier only advantage. Said SLF's just remove that advantage entirely rendering the small ships entirely useless.

Oh, another thread of "I can't deal with something, and will not or cannot adapt to it, please remove it."

You're obviously outmatched, you should run away. At 2% a second, why don't you just leave? That's a pretty low rate, between your shield and those 50 seconds of hull life, you should be able to get away and charge your drive.

"the thing that exists to give large unwieldy ships a counter to being attacked by fast nimble ships is countering my fast nimble ship" seems working as intended, how exactly are they "trolling" you with them? You talk about a "short timer" in fights, do you refer to the time it takes before the big ship just wakes away without you?

So... what, are they interdicting you and dropping a fighter on you? I don't see a time pressure there to the fight, so are you interdicting them? Then claiming they're trolling when they defend themselves with the one thing that specifically exists to defend themselves against attackers such as yourself?

I think the point is rather being missed here.

The level of accuracy on those things are way out of whack, I know full well that I'm a very difficult target even on a bad day, but they fail not to hit CONSTANTLY, there is no break, I can move as fast in three dimensions as my ship will allow and there is no avoiding the fire whatsoever. That is an aimbot.

I'm not asking for them to be removed either. I'm asking for them to be tuned down to realistic levels of accuracy. At the miniute they are far more accurate than at least, I've ever seen a player be, to the tune of being able to hit something going 500mps, with no break in firing, you can make out I'm as much of an idiot as you please, fact of the matter is the things are broken.

Moreover, when I refer to them being trolly, it's because of that inhumane accuracy. The big ship pilots actually don't even need to draw thier weapons whatsoever. They can deploy the fighter and that will peel the hull off all on it's own. That's not a fight, thats a windup. And yes, I do get pestered by them constantly, because big ship pilots seem to think it's acceptable to chase the little ships, but then when they find they can't hit it, they rely soley on the SLF. Lets be realistic here, even without the damn things, you have no chance of eating 5+k in shields AND all the SCB's stacked in the ship before you die, or run out of ammo. Thats a stupid claim.

Thirdly, what exactly is the point in shooting them down when said Cmdr, can just launch another, and another, and another. Yeah sure, you can kill them all, and run him out, but then guess what? You have no ammo for the major target.

Again, I'm not asking for them to be removed, just adjusted so they fall a little more in line with the aiming capabilities of actual players. Considering how utterly the rest of the AI flown ships are, it seems a little weird that these ones can hit 99.9r% of the time.

As I have said. The manuverability advantage is the only one you get in small ships, the SLF's accuracy at Elite rank is so stupidly high, you loose the one thing you have that keeps you alive. I'm not opposed to them being good, or even pretty badass in PvP. But they hit at a level I've never seen a player obtain, PC or otherwise. Thats an aimbot as I've said already. That has no place in a skill based game.

Personally I feel they were only added because of big ship pilots whinging about not being able to kill small ships, so, six of one, half a dozen of the other really innit.

Last edited:
Also I might add. That you should'nt be getting nerfed by an aimbot AI in any case when in a fully G5 ship regardless of the poor justifications, and regardless of the ship you are flying with the exception of eagles. (Boost delay is longer)

Aimbots are frowned upon in every other game, why is it acceptable in this one?

'Considering how utterly the rest of the AI flown ships are, it seems a little weird that these ones can hit 99.9r% of the time.'

That's a fair point.:D

Personally I feel they were only added because of big ship pilots whinging about not being able to kill small ships, so, six of one, half a dozen of the other really innit.

I don't think you're telling the truth here.

You don't just want to stay alive. You want to kill the big ship. The SLF is doing to you EXACTLY what you want to do to the big ship. But it's not in your favor, so it's not okay?

It certainly seems that way, considering how little flak you are likely to take if you can fly a small ship, which I might add, is about thier only advantage. Said SLF's just remove that advantage entirely rendering the small ships entirely useless.

Isn't that kinda the point of SLFs? Taking away the advantage of small ships with an on-board smaller ship?

I don't think you're telling the truth here.

You don't just want to stay alive. You want to kill the big ship. The SLF is doing to you EXACTLY what you want to do to the big ship. But it's not in your favor, so it's not okay?

Lol. You are way off the mark there fella, I CAN'T kill the big ship without cheesing him with torps or mines. Ammo constraints on smaller hardpoints remember? They are safe regardless.

And I've also already stated that I get pulled out by said ships on a regular.

At least read the damn replies instead of pulling out the bits that suit your viewpoint.

C'mon. Discuss. If you don't have valid points, don't reply.

Isn't that kinda the point of SLFs? Taking away the advantage of small ships with an on-board smaller ship?

Yeah I agree, it is, but that should'nt mean the things are a free click win pass to smash well engineered small ships.

Like I said. a hit ratio of 99% is not making for a playable experience for the small ship pilots. It's like dealing with an overly aggresive aimbot.

The big ship in question does'nt need to deploy hardpoints, they could just send SLF after SLF at the small ship. Yeah sure you can take them out, but then you don't have any ammo to even slightly scratch the big ship, not that you do anyways, but you sure as heck should be able to annoy them until they leave, not be insta nerfed by an AI aimbot, especially not in a G5 ship.

If someone tries launching a fighter I usually switch target to it straight away and can often destroy it in the few seconds before it really clears the launch tube. Obviously that doesn't work in all situations, you don't always have line of fire to it for one thing, but it's always worth a try. Then, unless they have a second bay, you can have at them while they're waiting for the re-build timer.

I think it's also worth saying that SLFs are superbly accurate in player hands too. So it's not just Elite NPCs that can fly rings around you with them.

I am a fair to average fighter pilot at best. I fly a Krait with SLF's that I generally fly in combat situations and leave my NPC to man the Krait. I don't have an issue dispatching NPC SLFs I'd say about 75% of the time, even in my little Condor.

If someone tries launching a fighter I usually switch target to it straight away and can often destroy it in the few seconds before it really clears the launch tube. Obviously that doesn't work in all situations, you don't always have line of fire to it for one thing, but it's always worth a try. Then, unless they have a second bay, you can have at them while they're waiting for the re-build timer.

I think it's also worth saying that SLFs are superbly accurate in player hands too. So it's not just Elite NPCs that can fly rings around you with them.

Not hitting a 500mps Viper continuously accurate they are'nt, not even close, no where near. Also, the majority of the ones used by players, have gimballed weapons, so are not a threat.

I'm not gonna repeat myself about killing them, I've already done that three or so times.

I think the point is rather being missed here.

Yes, that some challenges may be insurmountable under some circumstances, and that should be "okay" to ensure there is a balance across simple to complicated scenarios. The AI cannot spawn them instantly; there is down time. They have low survival rates if targeted. Commanders using NPC fighters are doing so for tactical advantage, but it's costing them defensive modules.

AI are predictable however and can be pulled from a parent ship, which makes them highly vulnerable. I'm not sure making NPC fighters less useful is a constructive change.

Last edited:
Lol. You are way off the mark there fella, I CAN'T kill the big ship without cheesing him with torps or mines. Ammo constraints on smaller hardpoints remember? They are safe regardless.

And I've also already stated that I get pulled out by said ships on a regular.

At least read the damn replies instead of pulling out the bits that suit your viewpoint.

C'mon. Discuss. If you don't have valid points, don't reply.

So... you're in a small ship and therefore maneuverable. Getting pulled out of warp by larger, less maneuverable ships- are you even TRYING to evade interdict? Then, you still fight them, and aren't going to kill them because you don't have enough ammo? WHAT exactly is your plan here? If FD went ahead and deleted SLFs, how would that help you, since you can't kill them anyway, apparently?

You cannot run?

You cannot wake, high or low?

You cannot shoot a fighter, which I *know* from personal experience is a pretty delicate little ship?

I am pretty sure that if you are losing every fight, the common factor in every fight is the problem. And the common factor seems to be you.

You get a few points for not doing that thing where people quote every sentence or paragraph individually, at least. :)

So... you're in a small ship and therefore maneuverable. Getting pulled out of warp by larger, less maneuverable ships- are you even TRYING to evade interdict? Then, you still fight them, and aren't going to kill them because you don't have enough ammo? WHAT exactly is your plan here? If FD went ahead and deleted SLFs, how would that help you, since you can't kill them anyway, apparently?

You cannot run?

You cannot wake, high or low?

You cannot shoot a fighter, which I *know* from personal experience is a pretty delicate little ship?

I am pretty sure that if you are losing every fight, the common factor in every fight is the problem. And the common factor seems to be you.

You get a few points for not doing that thing where people quote every sentence or paragraph individually, at least. :)

Ugh, When did i ask for them to be deleted? Again you're putting words in my mouth. I shant be giving you the time of day on this post any longer seeing as you are blatantly refusing to see the point.

Though trust me, I don't lose every fight fella, I'm one fo the more competant pilots on my platform. Actually my 1v1 win ratio is pretty damn solid seeing as I fly pretty much exclusively small ships. I just don't particularly enjoy having to deal with the little fighters being 99.9%r accurate as it feels like an aimbot. How many times do I gotta say it?

Have fun, o7

Yes, that some challenges may be insurmountable under some circumstances, and that should be "okay" to ensure there is a balance across simple to complicated scenarios. The AI cannot spawn them instantly; there is down time. They have low survival rates if targeted. Commanders using NPC fighters are doing so for tactical advantage, but it's costing them defensive modules.

AI are predictable however and can be pulled from a parent ship, which makes them highly vulnerable. I'm not sure making NPC fighters less useful is a constructive change.

Nah, you misunderstand me, I'm not asking for them to be made less useful, only less aimbotty, which noone can deny they are. I will reiterate, why is an aimbot unacceptable in every other game, but fine in this one?

Last edited:
… why is an aimbot unacceptable in every other game, but fine in this one?

Lots have games have aim-boty type weapons:
- homing missiles (eg: actually I shouldn't have to give examples it's so common)
- tag + autohit later bullets (eg: Titanfall auto-pistol)
- turrets (eg: Team Fortress 2)
- auto-targeting (eg: Borderlands)
- auto-fire on line of sight (eg: Mass Effect 3)
Probably more / better examples can be give too.

I would agree that mostly games shy away from weapons that help a player shoot, but Elite is hardly unique in having SLFs, turrets, gimballed weapons.
Presumably turrets and gimbals will next to be "fixed", as they may also make the game too hard for you?

Top Bottom