SLF & SRV outfitting & engineering

So well, remove all types of SLFs and let us by the hulls with Core internal modules
Just like with ships we can change the hardpoints,Core internal & the utlity mounts.

Also add new SLF weapons like the mining laser, abrasion blaster, and seismic charge launchers.

And well, same for SRVs

dxm55

Banned
Getting a bit tired of the Mars-Rover-had-an-illegitimate-child-with-a-Spider design of the current one. :p

But I just hope those new SRVs are different beyond just cosmetic changes.

The CQC outfitting options should replace Engineering in the main game. Not like to happen, of course.

Anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to SLF modification/engineering, but they'd need to use standard modules first. The SLF modules in particular, especially hardpoints, are comically overpowered for what they are.

No.

Do not touch the SLF+SRVs, They are fine just as they are.

And please, for the sake of sanity, no more engineering.

Why not? I'd like to use certain weapons with certain utilites, which I can not because for some reasons all fighters can not change weapons.
Same with SRV, maybe another weapon would be nice.

Also why no engineering? You dont have to do it if you dont like it. Just make them better than they currently are.

Why not? I'd like to use certain weapons with certain utilites, which I can not because for some reasons all fighters can not change weapons.
I do not disagree with the principle of having more variants of SLFs and SRVs but I must agree with @X2611 in that the SLFs/SRVs are fine just as they are.

Also why no engineering? You dont have to do it if you dont like it. Just make them better than they currently are.
I understand why some may object to engineering - the fundamental problem is perceived power creep and it's effect on PvP. I don't necessarily agree with the no engineering stance, but I do feel those that oppose it may have a point.

Ultimately, SLFs and SRVs are notionally disposable craft thus I do not agree with the principle of engineering them nor necessarily having outfitting options for them directly - different variants with the desired capabilities and limited engineering (no direct effect on the carried vehicles) of the SLF Hangars and SRV Bays is something I can get behind though.

Yeah, I vote no too. Why create the same game with srvs . We have that with the ships already. Hopefully they are getting ready to make a different thing with the hiring of a surface AI person.

I see no problem adding SRV and SLF module customization like we have for ships. I suppose engineering could be extended to those but atm I don't see how that would add a lot to the game beyond swapping and improving equipment with what's proposed here. We definitely need a new SRV with surface mining capabilities to help with that infernal surface prospecting I have to do occasionally when I run out of raw mats.

A mining type surface SRV would be cool if they added larger deposits. Bigger cargo hold. Mining lasers. Stuff like that.
Slower and heavier than the current SRV, maybe with weaker shields and/or weaker thrusters. Dedicate the cargo space to mining chunks (maybe increase the size of the cargo hold too) which need to be taken back to the ship for refining.

You don't have to change fighter weapons, just change the fighter. That's why we have 20 to choose from. The current weapon/utility combination is pretty spot on.

The SRV laser is more than enough for blowing up rocks.

Engineering, in it's current form, ruined the game. Just take an honest look at the state of PVP. There are plenty of things for you to engineer as it is. Those who don't/won't engineer need no more disadvantages. JMHO.

X

Last edited:

dxm55

Banned
IMO, there shd be two or three types of SRV variants and design.
Just suggesting.

The current one which seems to be more suited for exploring/mining.
It handles moderately well in rough terrain. Has jump jets.

We prob need one for combat, which may be of a heavier track type design, like an AFV/APC.
Slower than the current SRV, but with a turret. More heavily shielded/armed/armored. Very limited jump jet ability. But can take steeper gradients than its wheeled cousin.
Perhaps this needs the large Vehicle bay, and takes the space of 2 SRVs, due to the size/mass.

And maybe a recon one, which is a skimmer. Something that can hover over terrain and travel at up to 100m/s
Used for infiltrating and scan missions. Make it be like a mini helicopter or drone. Has lighter shielding/armor than the SRV.
Requires a large vehicle bay (maybe because it's just needs more advanced support), but takes up the space of a standard SRV.

IMO, there shd be two or three types of SRV variants and design.
Just suggesting.

The current one which seems to be more suited for exploring/mining.
It handles moderately well in rough terrain. Has jump jets.

We prob need one for combat, which may be of a heavier track type design, like an AFV/APC.
Slower than the current SRV, but with a turret. More heavily shielded/armed/armored. Very limited jump jet ability. But can take steeper gradients than its wheeled cousin.
Perhaps this needs the large Vehicle bay, and takes the space of 2 SRVs, due to the size/mass.

And maybe a recon one, which is a skimmer. Something that can hover over terrain and travel at up to 100m/s
Used for infiltrating and scan missions. Make it be like a mini helicopter or drone. Has lighter shielding/armor than the SRV.
Requires a large vehicle bay (maybe because it's just needs more advanced support), but takes up the space of a standard SRV.

I like the idea of different types of SRVs. For instance a small tank-like one would have been handy at the Guardian sites and a skimmer for scanning pattern Epsilons.

Top Bottom