Sloppy Elite Dangerous

I've just come back to Elite Dangerous after about 6 months or more (previously played for about 1 year), got exicted when watching some of the new updates and was looking forward to checking out some improved gameplay. BUT... oh dear, oh dear, what the hell is Frontier doing?

Did all the good developers suddenly get wiped out by a Thargon death squad? Or maybe some trimbles have taken over the testing?

After a long, frustrating recover of my account and the torment of nearly 2 hour downloading... and failed due to lack of disk space (thank Frontier, maybe you could, maybe, check the freakin' disk space BEFORE wasting 2 hours of my life and failing at the end?). I have sorted out the SSD partitions, and downloaded again...
Now, the frontier logo appears at about 1 frame per second, there is a green pixel border along the bottom and right side and a small white pixel in the top left corner of the screen.. Hmmm.. looks bad (yes, my machine is a nice spec 32GB of RAM, NVidia graphics card easily compatble of running Elite Dangerous 6 months ago).
The main menu appears and NOTHING works, the resolution is screwed up like 800x600 blocky and not one of the button can be clicked, they hover over effect but clicking the mouse or keyboard produces nada, nothing, zippo... Great..

Now reading some of the 'small glitches' in the recent releases it appears that Frontier has been caught up in their own hype, done a barrel roll and ended up in their own exhaust port. I've uninstalled (again) and now another 1-2 hour wait. Total sloppy crap Frontier, do you even have any QA testers there?
Remember all the hype about procedural generated systems,planets etc...? Why the hell do I need to download like 30GB or more? They have gone the way of Microsoft and push out lots of shiny new features (which are sadly ill-thought out and quickly monkey patched soon after or wait until the community kicks up enough fuss for them to fix) without addressing the core, basic problems.

Elite and Elite Dangerous have always been like politicans....

Promise SO much better delivery very little.

I can see why the vapour games like Star Citizen got a huge amount of crowdfunding.... visually they do appear to be delivering some of the promises (not sure if I will retire before its released or not).

Yes, I have put up with a lot of crap game play in the past hoping to find the Elite paradise where playing the game actually pays off, but everything is a long, boring grind since everything is still under development (they can't make it too easy because some players would finish before frontier actually finish the game). I've tried the various different professions and most of the time you're staring into the dark, dull void hoping something amazing will happen, nope, nothing, still boring. I've bought some of the expansion packs and they still offer the same amount of game play as using Excel with the monitor turned off.

The sad fact is that if Frontier was good at games, they would NOT have to crowd fund Elite Dangerous at the beginning (their prevous games would have made some profit, maybe this says something about their design or quality). Most of the content seems to be generated mission text which lack any imagination and feel like a text adventure pretending to be a space sim/space shooter. No amount of huge, shiny ships in a dock in the background while you scroll through endless combinations of menus to equipt your ship only to find its unable to jump more than a block of flats in range will make exciting game playback... On youtube there are plenty of people explaining how to farm the same, tedius chunk of rock for trillions of credits hour after hour. Maybe this is more enjoyable than the actual poor offering Frontier has given us...

I hope one day this all changes

You had problems installing the game. That is not nice

So did you try pirating? I am having trouble trying to see where you want to take this post. Except for announcing to the world you do not like this game.

Deleting's too good for it. You should give someone your stuff! Some charity case that won't recognise how terribie it is!
YES! Giving people your stuff is the only thing meanies like fdev listen to!

Top Bottom