Slow Down Time Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say it does bug me that I see animals walking from their bed to the water or food and while they do several days are ticking by, tickticktick. Same with seeing guests spend three days looking at the same animal.. It also makes zoo opening times redundant as people never leave at "night" time.

I am all for a slower game speed, but I reckon the main reason that they have resisted so far, is due to them encouraging the Animal Market to be active as well as people to do the community challenge. I like idea of Franchise especially as a long term mode for me personally.

Or add stuff like: auto release/sell new animals. with filter like, sell only not golden automatic
That doesn't sound like improving the management. That's just removing management.

+1. Not playing much now due to having to constantly check for new births or animals growing up so that I can free them to the wild due to them growing up too fast. Really frustating and anxiety inducing for a supposedly relaxing game.
Half the time I miss the notifications too because I'm busy managing or building a new habitat and by the time I unknowingly check other exhibits it's like - oH, suRe gLaD I gOt tO sEe thAT hAppEniNg. And then suddenly you get things fighting because the social relationships in the game are all messed up too and it's just... well, I only have a few problems with the game's design (in its current state), but put together and they make the game disappointing to me because of how it was portrayed/advertised in the dev journals and the "The Making of Planet Zoo" videos on YouTube. But everything is just a bit off and ultimately making me dislike the core of the game. Hopefully, things will change, but who knows...? I have a feeling that it's unlikely at this stage. The potential is still there but it's up to the devs to make a game that the players and animal lovers truly wish for.

I vote no. At least not in the franchise mode, imho. It's not necessary to slow anything down.
Off topic: What means "imho"? 😅🙈 I know it's a short word/sentence like "lol", but I don't know what it means and I really would lile to know it, because I see it often in postings. 😊

Last edited:
i do agree that time can be a bit slower, with the flamingo's for example, i see the message that one is pregnant and 1 minute later it's already close of getting it's offspring. for building i don't about a slower time, i just hit pause but to allow us to enjoy our animals a bit more, a slower timespan would be better, maybe 1 or 2 Real Life hour for 1 Ingame year.

Easily the most disappointing aspect of the game. The simulation speed either needs to be dramatically reduced, or there needs to be a slider/multiple options so we can choose how quickly we want everything to happen. My first franchise zoo is still tiny and I'm already struggling to keep up with it!

I play simulation games to relax, sit back and enjoy my creations, and gradually expand and improve over time. I love the idea of Franchise mode, but it's way too stressful and tedious at the moment. It's just a constant management battle and yet my zoo is still pathetically small.

I don't have an issue with how fast time moves at all. Just use the pause button when doing anything that takes too much of your attention away from the animals, aka building.

I don't have an issue with how fast time moves at all. Just use the pause button when doing anything that takes too much of your attention away from the animals, aka building.
I disagree. It's not only the building that's the problem. You go manage another part of the zoo and you come back to see that your favourite Grizzly has died of old age, or that your wolves have had babies and are now killing each other for sport, or that your flamingos are overpopulated and inbred. Exhibit animals die in minutes, pregnancies and births happen too quickly, animals die before you even get to know them, too many things need your attention to solve at once. It's the entire game that's out of whack at this speed, and this is in a zoo with fewer than 15 species. The solution to all that cannot be just to play paused, because otherwise what is the point? You'd have to constantly be on pause and never actually play. If that's what you want out of a zoo management game go play PlanCo with animatronics as your animals.

I build 3 habitats and while building my fourth all of my animals from first already died of old age. i have no chance of bonding with them or looking at them because they just die so fast. make an option for the gametime variable to slow it down to 1/2, 1/3, 1/5, 1/10 and so on. cant really be that hard to do it. i got the same in most of my games.

I second this wholeheartedly. The speed of time is absolutely ridiculous.

Agreed, one of my biggest gripes with the game. I would also want them to slow the time down to PlanCo speed. But as Silhouette says, who knows how many other subsystems are impacted by this that need to be changed. Everything from finances, to costs, to deterioration and staff workings would likely need to be rebalanced.

But I'm by no means saying that because it's hard or a lot of work they shouldn't do it. They got this wrong, it's an overwhelming request by the fans, and they should adress it. It's just that it might take some time for them to figure out exactly how to do it, and then get on to doing it.
This exactly. Yeah it might be hard for them to do, but it's really killing the game for me and many others. They had the timing right for Planet Coaster, they need to fix it for Planet Zoo.

In addition to slower simulation (and ideally a speed setting so everyone can be happy), it would be great to have a 'real time' mode where you can properly sit back and watch your zoo in action. Pausing the game obviously isn't even close to this.

However, I'd be happy with just slower simulation, or speed options. I fully understand that such a change might be a lot of work due to how much relies on the simulation pace. What I'd appreciate is an acknowledgement from the devs. If they say "we hear you, but it'll take a few months to do this", fine! I'll just enjoy Sandbox until then.

I want to play and enjoy this game for a long time. I'm absolutely fine waiting for meaningful changes and improvements. I just want to know if it'll happen.

I am all for a slower game speed, but I reckon the main reason that they have resisted so far, is due to them encouraging the Animal Market to be active as well as people to do the community challenge. I like idea of Franchise especially as a long term mode for me personally.
This will not work, i sell only gold animals, everything else i just release, because i dont want to klick trough serval menus for make the right price and i can get rid of multiple animals at once.

If you played the Beta at the end, where they change something (it was to much but) births where something special, where you had to wait for but if it happend it was a very cool moment. But how it is now its nothing special its just a "..and again...." moment

Last edited:
Top Bottom