Small African DLC featuring iconic African Animals that arent in the game

Pleasse add Black and White Rhino's I was verry suprised these werent added into the base game but the Indian rhino was.
A small African DLC focussing on animals and not building blocks to add the left out Iconic African species :

Habitat species:
  • Black Rhinoceros
  • White Rhinoceros
  • Meerkats
  • Green Baboon
  • Leopard with the option of a Black Panther (leopard with Melanism)
  • Gerenuk
  • African Porcupine
  • Nile Crocodile
  • African Pangolin ((I know this would be a reskin but it's an animal being poached to extremes so deserves to be in this game))

Exhibit species :
  • African Army Ant
  • Dung Beetle
  • Three Horned Chameleon also named Jackson's chameleon
  • Rhino Beetle
  • Western Green Mamba
  • Rainbow Agama

Last edited:
Pleasse add Black and White Rhino's I was verry suprised these werent added into the base game but the Indian rhino was.
A small African DLC focussing on animals and not building blocks to add the left out Iconic African species :

Habitat species:
  • Black Rhinoceros
  • White Rhinoceros
  • Meerkats
  • Green Baboon
  • Leopard with the option of a Black Panther (leopard with Melanism)
  • Gerenuk
  • African Porcupine
  • Nile Crocodile
  • African Pangolin ((I know this would be a reskin but it's an animal being poached to extremes so deserves to be in this game))

Exhibit species :
  • African Army Ant
  • Dung Beetle
  • Three Horned Chameleon also named Jackson's chameleon
  • Rhino Beetle
  • Western Green Mamba
  • Rainbow Agama
For me, I don't think we need both the black and white rhino in a DLC. Same goes for the African pangolin. I'd like to see them both in-game, but how about they are a free download because it would largely be a re-skin? And I'd much rather they add a smaller crocodile or an alligator ahead of another larger crocodile...

I'm all in on at least one African rhino, meerkats, leopards, African porcupine, and green baboon though! Those would all be super fun in-game. I'm pretty neutral on everything else.

I think there are still more than one African DLC's to come in the future. I'd do it this way:

Kopje Pack (which would include the meerkat, probably the Hamadryas baboon (a far more popular zoo species than the olive baboon), the southern ground hornbill, and the leopard tortoise).

African Herbivore Pack (which would include the eastern black rhinoceros, addax, red river hog, and Somali wild a-ss).

This way we get a good range of popular species that aren't in the game. In addition, many of these animals would be mid-effort to make, as most of them could build off of existing animal rigs. Personally for the Kopje Pack I'd also add in the red-headed rock agama, black mamba, African giant millipede, and African rock python as exhibit animals.

Edit: Seriously, Frontier? I can't use the word 'a-ss' to describe a well-known animal species on a forum for a zoo game?

I hope they won't get into the habit of making insects for those terrariums. I'd like to actually be able to see the animals. I'd love some species of snakes and lizards, though. Chameleons would be great. Rainbow Agamas would be nice, too.

I hope they won't get into the habit of making insects for those terrariums. I'd like to actually be able to see the animals. I'd love some species of snakes and lizards, though. Chameleons would be great. Rainbow Agamas would be nice, too.
There are already insects for the exhibits? Goliath beetle, titan beetle, burrowing cockroach? And if you're using the term 'insect' broadly to refer to any bugs, well, there are tons of spiders and scorpions. The African giant millipede is bigger than some reptiles, certainly as 'visible' in a terrarium as an agama lizard.

Top Bottom