Small, easy changes for 1.7 (My suggestions list, v4.0)

Things added/fixed in 1.7 according to update announcement (marked by crossthrough):

Animals and Animal Behaviors
  1. Edits for major behaviors (Diving, burrowing, climbing)
    • Giant otters and caimans need to have their depth requirement greatly reduced, if possible. It is highly unrealistic to require a depth beyond 2m for both species, so as long as there is no technical reason for this requirement, it should be reduced.
    • Finish adding diving to relevant species: Bengal tiger, jaguar.
General Game Mechanics
  1. When starting a new zoo, add the option to select the background that you want for it. As an example, if I'm going to start a new desert zoo, the game prompts me with asking if I want the standard desert map background, the new sandy dunes background, or the Outback background. Some of the scenario and challenge maps have amazing custom backgrounds that we still can't use in sandbox on blank maps.
    • In addition to doing this, a few more backgrounds would be awesome. For instance, because of the Japanese campaign map, the temperate biome has an amazing background that turns the actual zoo into an island. This would be incredible to have for all the other biome types.
  2. Import the barriers from PC used to block guests from walking towards or into unwanted things. Make them flexicolor, and easy to hide. Perhaps 1-3 different sizes?
General Quality Of Life Stuffs
  1. Mesh pieces are not see-through by guests, but they really should be.

I'm sure there's a lot of more minor improvements and addition that we will only discover with the full update notes

This is a fantastic list and I'd love to see some of this implemented at some point. But in particular, I would really love to see the new enrichment items (and updates to the old ones) and foliage pieces! Those are very much needed.

At this point i think we have to give up on the Tapir, they will never fix it, and it's a shame, judging how these new released animals are in terms of quality compared to the mediocrity of the Malayan Tapir. :cry:

At this point i think we have to give up on the Tapir, they will never fix it, and it's a shame, judging how these new released animals are in terms of quality compared to the mediocrity of the Malayan Tapir. :cry:
I'm not giving up hope, especially since 2 animals were redone and how they listened to feedback by adding new biome tags to certain species, kangaroos are walkthrough animals, and the roster for this pack.

But, I just realized something: maybe they aren't doing everything that we ask at once because they're saving it for a future update? That way, when this update/patch is released we all get super happy and excited? Am I explaining myself?

I'm not giving up hope, especially since 2 animals were redone and how they listened to feedback by adding new biome tags to certain species, kangaroos are walkthrough animals, and the roster for this pack.
I think it's not really the same, adding biomes tags or make a specie walkthrough is a simple editing that i've tried and done for modded animals. With the Malayan Tapir is a different situation, they have basically to redo the model, and i don't feel they're going to waste time and resource to do it.
Maybe i'm pessimistic, since Frontier proved to actually listen to our feedbacks, but i do't think it will be addressed anytime soon.

But again like i said after the update 1.6, never say never. Hoping for a remake in the 1.8.

The timber wolves and Malayan tapirs need to be updated.

Bongo should be renamed "Lowland Bongo", Plains Zebra should be renamed "Grant's Zebra", and Common Ostrich should be renamed "South African Ostrich", just like African Elephant being renamed "African Savannah Elephant" and Babirusa being renamed "North Sulawesi Babirusa".

African elephants, American bison, and Bactrian camels should be resized to be even bigger like in real life.

Top Bottom