Smart (Anti-Clipping?) Animated Scenery

Sorry if something like this was already suggested, but it would be really awesome if there were a way where the animated scenery would adjust their animation so as to not clip other objects. I'm not sure on the best way to explain other than attempting to write an example of the desired result.

Take the Kraken Tentacle scenery piece. If it were able to adjust itself based on detecting that it may clip another scenery item, or coaster track. It would be amazing if it either simply stopped at an appropriate distance (using the same rules that prevent placing certain objects too close to track pieces) Or if in the case of the Tentacle, were to wrap itself around the track piece. Taken further, perhaps even a way to have an option of a "smash something" versus a "wrap around". (which would lead to the another suggestion of "on-queue destroyable scenery".

I know this would probably be a huge undertaking, vs. other solutions that I'm sure are already in progress that may even negate the desire for something like this. But it would be a great way to unify animated scenery items versus "ride event" type items.

Sorry if something like this was already suggested, but it would be really awesome if there were a way where the animated scenery would adjust their animation so as to not clip other objects. I'm not sure on the best way to explain other than attempting to write an example of the desired result.

Take the Kraken Tentacle scenery piece. If it were able to adjust itself based on detecting that it may clip another scenery item, or coaster track. It would be amazing if it either simply stopped at an appropriate distance (using the same rules that prevent placing certain objects too close to track pieces) Or if in the case of the Tentacle, were to wrap itself around the track piece. Taken further, perhaps even a way to have an option of a "smash something" versus a "wrap around". (which would lead to the another suggestion of "on-queue destroyable scenery".

I know this would probably be a huge undertaking, vs. other solutions that I'm sure are already in progress that may even negate the desire for something like this. But it would be a great way to unify animated scenery items versus "ride event" type items.

Going to answer fast. Its impossible.
1. It wouldnt be animated by hand like nealr everything is animated in the game right now, but simulated with physics and other shenaningans, that could make it look much worse (woobly or erraticly behave) than hand animated.
2. Even if this thing was simulated (that is not), the huge undertaking in programming time and your own PC, no matter how high now, in a simulation game like this with millions of other variables, not able to handle that precission details on colission detection, would make it impossible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom