So, as it stands, when we get blown up...

clones exist in the lore.

Even memory transfer / manipulation exists in the lore.

(granted, it's supposed to be very expensive and it's unlikely to be expensive or cost anything at all in the game)

The answers to questions like this will be a good measure of how good the game design behind odyssey is. "Holograms and telepresence" was the cringey answer to everything that came from the previous design team (even after a lot of us told them in these very forums how much of a narrative dead-end that is), so I think the new design team's answer to "what happens when you die on foot" will be a good indication of how well they've thought things through.

I've always thought of CMDR's consciousness being backed up and installed into new printed "clones" using technology akin to "stacks" in "altered Carbon".

This is what I would prefer, though when it comes up, there seem to be a lot of players that dislike this take on things.

You get re-sleeved, like in Altered Carbon. Your consciousness backup implant is like an escape pod for your brain!

What we need now FD (RIGHT NAWWWW!)

Video: Federal Dropship descending into Thargoid ruins. This going on in the back:

1591210310636.png

Don't worry Commander Ripley! Your squad of ultimate SDC marines will protect you!

Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
I think we already were at that point before 🤔
Also who would trust SDC? :LOL:

Everyone trusts the SDC. Search for Thargoid bamboozle in Youtube to see this.

But seriously, FD need to wheel out Uncle Hudsons wagons now we are going planetside.

...then we are saved by "an escape pod?", and can rebuy at a station if we have the funds.
If i am happily playing a game of spacefootball in open using spacelegs, and someone "accidentally" crushes me in any number of hilarious ways, how will the lore explain that if i can rebuy?

Just a thought🤔
o7

Well, you could explain that it's..... a video game so that's kinda normal.

I at least want to see you standing on chairs... :sneaky:

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: I joined them briefly myself. Don't get whats so fun about it, but they all seem to like it a lot.

I was just contemplating my pooper closet in Star Citizen and when I will be required to sit on it every 4hrs to 'eliminate toxins' while watching my water meter decrease in a ship with a sink that I can't get water from.

Top Bottom