So cross platform?

Now that all platforms Elite is currently available are open to cross play when can we except that Fdev allow Xbox, ps4 and pc players play in same open and group instances and more importantly in same CQC instances?

Could make the game feel much more populated if there would be able to instance with larger pool of players and make instancing easier. Also would help to close the player base more together instead player groups players being split between platforms.

Sony allows it now with Fortnite: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/sony-enables-fortnite-ps4-crossplay-xbox-switch-pc-mobile/

Things FDev has said in the past:
1) They would like to see crossplay.
2) Patches and upgrades for PS and XBox take longer (this is why betas are PC only).
3) They are concerned to make sure that PvPers on one platform would not be at a disadvantage to players on another platform because of controllers.

There is a possible problem with duplicate CMDR names, and there may be issues with how players are instanced, but if the opportunity arises, it's certainly something they will look at seriously. It should benefit everyone.

I feel like we need to RIOT until frontier confirm they are engaging in negotiations with all platforms to make it a reality.

Commence RIOT.

I think we should start out with a hard hitting leaflet campaign, and if that doesn't work, it's time for the big guns.

T-shirts. "Cross play in, corporate cross play hating overlords out."

I'd like to see more interaction, I don't really see a downside so perhaps it's only a matter of time.

Most games, if they favour a controller method at all, favour kbm, a control set common to an enormous number of PvP games, not only ED. So while PvP parity is a potential issue it's not a problem with ED but with consoles. A problem that to my mind is not that difficult to solve :)

Last edited:
It’d be worth it even if they did a name wipe and everyone had to re do their names. Of cource kickstarters would need to get their Jameson name still and any kickstarters who reserved names.

Sticking -PC, -XBox or -PS on the end would solve that, might not even need to actually display it either.

Before everyone sharpens their pitchforks and marches on FD HQ, remember that it's down to Microsoft and Sony... It's not because FD wouldn't do it, it's because the platform providers won't let them.

But I already went out and bought two, one for me and my bro.... What do I do now?

I think they'll push back and try and stop the floodgates opening on them. Although, it's probably too late because Fortnite... :D
It was Sony that announced it on their blog, rather than it being a one-off. They suggest it will be "toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content". Whether Frontier are going to be one of the select companies, who knows.

Following a comprehensive evaluation process, SIE has identified a path toward supporting cross-platform features for select third party content. We recognize that PS4 players have been eagerly awaiting an update, and we appreciate the community’s continued patience as we have navigated through this issue to find a solution.

The first step will be an open beta beginning today for Fortnite ...
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...oss-play-beta-launches-on-ps4-starting-today/

Top Bottom