Newcomer / Intro so how do i use supercruise assistant and landing computer on ps4 ?

hi, its superhorrible to get into this game i am 5 hrs in and mosty try to find out everything and exploding.
so how do i activate those 2 gadgets ?
and no need to tell me to learn to fly, i can decide for myself.
thanks for any helpfull replies.

Don't know about the button bindings on PS4, but I think you can activate them in the right panel in the ship tab.

oh, and also you have to actually have them installed. (if your ship doesn't come with them, you have to buy them)

Learn to fly!

Just kidding! I actually really like both of those modules, though I don't use them in most of my ships they are pretty cool.

Firstly, all of these modules require they be turned "On" in the Flight assist section of the Ships tab in the right cockpit panel. Default is on if you have never turned them off and install the module. Obviously you need to have the modules fitted to the ship.

To engage the super cruise assist you have to go into your Nav panel (bottom left panel in the cockpit) and select the destination station/planet/star. From the popup that selecting a target in navigation gives one of the options is to turn on supercruise assist. If you aren't already in supercruise it will be the option to go into supercruise AND engage the assist. Once you've done that, just point at the target and move the throttle into the blue zone.

To use the docking computer is even easier, just have it turned on, request docking, and move the throttle to 0. If you have the advanced version, auto launch is even easier, just select to auto-launch from the station/base menu when landed.

All of the above is how it works on the PC, but from what I've seen it should be the same on the PS. THe only difference would be in what control you use to open the two panels involved (left and right).

As to your very first statement...the game does have a bit of a steep learning curve at the very start, but it becomes easier quicker than you might think. I was new just a few months ago, and I feel your pain! It's totally worth it though.

SC Assist:

wAmpkef.png

Docking Computer: Try to dock .... with it installed ... or undock ... if it is the advanced version

Edit: Have you don't the tutorials? I would imagine they would cover these areas (heh - or maybe not, as they're newish)

Last edited:
great. thanks folks ! got it to work !
yeah i did the tutorials, but they dont really explain things, and the controls are rather.....complex.

Last edited:
great. thanks folks !
yeah i did the tutorials, but they dont really explain things, and the controls are rather.....complex.
Yeah, one of the big problems with the tutorials is that they don't... tutor. :LOL:
Technically they are training missions, not tutorials, but still.
They just tell you to do stuff but you still have to find out how to do it, yourself. It's pretty much in line with the rest of Elite. No hand holding.

hi, its superhorrible to get into this game i am 5 hrs in and mosty try to find out everything and exploding.
so how do i activate those 2 gadgets ?
and no need to tell me to learn to fly, i can decide for myself.
thanks for any helpfull replies.
The docking computers are automatic, just request permission and then zero the throttle.

Top Bottom