So if Planet Safari/Zoo sees the light of day....

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Unfortunately we don't know much ore than you do on the situation. Until it's announced we just have to wait and see. . I don't believe expansions will happen but that's just MY opinion. But never say never. I'm sure people will speculate. I think this idea has come about because of all the great animals that are coming out on the Workshop. I would welcome a Safari game with animals[up]

Heather, very early on it was discovered that Frontier registered a trademark for Planet Safari.
Nothing more has been said about it though. If it is in actual developement, I hope it's better that Jurasic World. [rolleyes]

I agree with Heather.

Personally I would like it to be a seperate game. But that's me.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I’d love to have a “Planet Zoo” or “Planet Safari” as a separate game by Frontier. :D

I would like to see Planet Safari as a game, that you can play separate, but maybe with possibility to combine both games via a kind of a bridge. Just as an further idea.

I don't think any more expansions will do the game good at this point because of all the performance issues. So it's best to start over with future-proofing in mind.

on another game

I still hope for a RCT3 (which was also made by Frontier) remake, first I wanted Planet Coaster to be that but maybe Planet Coaster 2 will be that instead.

If the Planet Coaster 2 base game works fine and has no issues, then I would love to see a waterpark/safari (Soaked! and Wild!) expansion on top of that.

But only if the base game is solid and has some real mod support from the start (implemented decent and not something like custom billboards or TMTK) like Cities Skylines has. For me that would be the ultimate game.

I still hope for a RCT3 (which was also made by Frontier) remake, first I wanted Planet Coaster to be that but maybe Planet Coaster 2 will be that instead.

If the Planet Coaster 2 base game works fine and has no issues, then I would love to see a waterpark/safari (Soaked! and Wild!) expansion on top of that.

But only if the base game is solid and has some real mod support from the start (implemented decent and not something like custom billboards or TMTK) like Cities Skylines has. For me that would be the ultimate game.
Yes I agree, it should be another game with its combined extension (aquatic and animal) but it should have the same functions as Planet Coaster, but necessarily no coasters, not the same rides - stand, animators ect .. that would be a good thing to expand to another game, as Frontier can not add this on Planet Coaster because of the performance [happy]

Why would anybody be against the idea of an expansion or backward-compatible sequel? Obviously many people do want this feature (just like RCT3) its literally something many of us have waited years for. Frontier has trademarked several Planet titles with Safari being the frontrunner, and I'm very excited to see how the engine will evolve and hopefully still support our current workshop items [up]

If we take Jurassic World as an example, its pretty obvious why a stand alone game is not necessarily the better option. Theres already many zoo games out there. If they go through the trouble of making modular safaris, why not have them compatible with all the Workshop items people have already put into PlanCo? A game like JWE is a step backwards compared to a game like RCT3 Soaked + Wild!

Imagine how amazing JWE would have been as an expansion to PC instead of a quickly passing game that was only fun for about a week, imagine how much more we could do if they created a full expansion (similar to RCT3 wild) instead of a silly little DLC. It would be nice to see a larger DLC or full expansion that truely expands the game in many key areas that it lacks (such as management, scenarios, and more variety of ride types)

If they do release a stand-alone zoo game, many people will be disappointed if its not compatible with the current TMT or Workshop items, especially if the game runs on a similar or better engine. If they released a safari game with track rides and modular scenery, it would cause a lot of people to be upset that they cant transfer blueprints from one game to the other. Even RCT3 could import blueprints from RCT1/2

Its been very sad for many of the original RCT3 fans to see frontier go with small DLCs over full expansions, unfortunately most of those fans are gone now :( with all the money Frontier has made from PlanCo i have extremely high expectations for the future of this franchise, as at some point a better game/tech will come along so we should expect/deserve a truely advanced sequel IMO, and if the future of this franchise does not include full expansions or backward compatibility with sequels then I see no reason to further support this game

Ramm said:
I don't think any more expansions will do the game good at this point because of all the performance issues. So it's best to start over with future-proofing in mind.

Maybe that would be alright, maybe... but how many more years will we have to wait? I still see no reason for why a future new game like Planet Safari cant have at least some backward compatibility with our current workshop items. Who knows, maybe they improved the engine enough that a new title will have better performance even with backward compatibility.

If they do make Planet Safari as a stand-alone game, and then they release a PlanCo2 with no backward-compatibility, I think its going to hurt much of the excitement for new games in this franchise

Last edited:
Backward compatibility would be nice. But only if it wouldn´t "hold back" the sequel in any way (lets say technology) for sake of being compatible with PC(1)

Personally, I wanna be able to have tons of animals, especially if we're getting herding herbivores. So the tech to do that is really important

Maybe that would be alright, maybe... but how many more years will we have to wait? I still see no reason for why a future new game like Planet Safari cant have at least some backward compatibility with our current workshop items. Who knows, maybe they improved the engine enough that a new title will have better performance even with backward compatibility.

If they do make Planet Safari as a stand-alone game, and then they release a PlanCo2 with no backward-compatibility, I think its going to hurt much of the excitement for new games in this franchise
I'm mostly against new expansions cause I feel the foundation isn't as strong anymore. For me the game is not really enjoyable anymore because of the performance issues. This game was never smooth in the first place and not getting a constant 60fps was a tough pill to swallow for me back in 2016, but I could live with after a while. But now it's just too much and it literally makes my head hurt. That's why I doubt I will be buying anymore expansions because I probably would not be able to enjoy them. The Spooky Pack was the last one I purchased and if it would still run smooth I would probably have them all.

I obviously do not mind backwards compatability. I don't mind if they use the same rides and same models etc for a Planet Coaster 2.0. I'd probably buy it if everything currently wrong with Planet Coaster 1 would be fixed and also if we would have a strong certainty of a expansionpack on par of a Soaked! and Wild! expansion from RCT3. I just believe that the current Planet Coaster game can't really have more weight added to it since it's already over maximum capacity.

So no I do not mind backwards compatability at all and I would want nothing more than an expandable Planet Coaster version on a more future-proof engine with Wildlife and waterpark expansions.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Just to chime in, we are aware of the performance issues being raised and these are being investigated. When we can share more information about solutions to them we will let you know.

Just to chime in, we are aware of the performance issues being raised and these are being investigated. When we can share more information about solutions to them we will let you know.

You think that if the game would be with less worries of performance, expansions could see the day ?

Top Bottom